Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 09:52 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times

Advertisements

And go where? In what ways will this new place be better for us than in America?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:54 PM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,820 times
Wow, That is a lot of paranoia, general fear and ignorance I just read. I say If anyone wants to leave the US uh ... just go. We wont throw you a party.

I live in Houston. I work with all races. We all work together moving forward. No one has any specific jobs or pay based on race. It is all based on hard work. The guys I work with know, no one is handing any of us anything. We aren't getting rich but. we have self respect and the respect of our peers. Yes, we have some guys blowing money on cars and material things. Some have bought homes and are working into "the next step". Everybody learns from the people around them. Sooner or later the successful guys will standout as role models for the rest.

No one has a right to tell you you don't matter. Only you have the power to change your world.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:19 PM

33 posts, read 39,544 times
I wonder what the country would be like if African Americans were sent to Liberia in 1865 as planned

Old 01-11-2015, 05:11 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
I think it's a fantastic idea for the unhappy blacks in this country, not the workers but the malcontents and career criminals, to up and leave for a place that is supposedly less racist! Asians, whites, decent blacks, and hispanics would benefit greatly from the ability to cut the criminal justice system across the board by at least half, so that taxes could be reduced ........ urban blight would be largely eradicated. The biggest danger would be from the possibility that the economy might overheat!

There's a reason why Africans and blacks from the Caribbean look down on American blacks ....... they say it's because Americans have squandered the incredible opportunities in this nation, focusing on a past that was no worse than theirs, and refusing to move forward.

I hope the OP starts up some sort of organization or website promoting his idea.

Old 01-11-2015, 06:14 AM

457 posts, read 645,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
I think it's a fantastic idea for the unhappy blacks in this country, not the workers but the malcontents and career criminals, to up and leave for a place that is supposedly less racist! Asians, whites, decent blacks, and hispanics would benefit greatly from the ability to cut the criminal justice system across the board by at least half, so that taxes could be reduced ........ urban blight would be largely eradicated. The biggest danger would be from the possibility that the economy might overheat!

There's a reason why Africans and blacks from the Caribbean look down on American blacks ....... they say it's because Americans have squandered the incredible opportunities in this nation, focusing on a past that was no worse than theirs, and refusing to move forward.
Funny, even though I'm Native American I get treated like those very "unhappy BLACKS" you mention and get told to go "back" to where I came "from" all the time. I wish people would just stop treating Choctaw Indians, and Chickasaws, and Utes, and Navajos and any tribe with dark skin, like "foreign" "blacks" and tell US to go to Africa - when we're NATIVE. Of HERE.

I mean, some of US with university educations are told to look into expatriating as a US citizen with our degree and go teach English abroad. Where, pray tell? What other country that says it wants US citizens with "American" English, would accept and hire someone who even "looks black" in their eyes - and these days these overseas schools do FaceTime or Skype interviews beforehand to make sure you don't look like the wrong colour to hire so you don't waste your time selling all your possessions, selling your car and getting on a plane overseas thinking you have a JOB waiting there for you only to have the offer rescinded when they see the colour of your skin. Really, leave the US? Where in the world can a dark-skinned American Indian go and not look like the "unhappy black" of the stereotyped media?!?!

No, really, where? Panama? Bolivia??

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-11-2015 at 08:20 AM.. Reason: Removed icon

Old 01-11-2015, 10:14 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,454,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
It seems that it might not be a bad idea for Blacks living in United States to seriously consider. We all need to face the ugly truth that things are not getting any better and probably never will for the Black American community. Blacks have tried to get real equality for over 400 years but sadly it has failed. Here are my list of reasons as to why Blacks should seriously consider leaving the United States.

• Why continue to live in a country that claims to be progressive and fair in law but continues to ignore and address the clear problems and issues caused largely by White Supremacy against the Black community.
  • Why continue to live in a country where the systematic oppression of Blacks still exists.
  • Why continue to live in a country where real Black leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Huey Newton, and Marcus Garvey are either assassinated or silenced while "so called" modern day Black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson live on, even though they do absolutely nothing to try and improve the issues in the Black community.
  • Why continue live in a country where Planned Parenthood and abortion hurts the Black community at a disproportionate rate.
  • Why continue to live in a country where the majority of the American population doesn't want to live around Black people "regardless of income level".
  • Why continue to live in a country where you are hated just for being Black.
  • Why continue to live in a country where Blacks are judge by their color first and foremost before being treated as a human being.
  • Why continue to live in a country that doesn't want Blacks to thrive economically.
  • Why continue to live in a country where people fear you just because you have Black skin.
  • Why continue to live in a country where a "so called" Black president has done more damage to the Black community than good and continues to set race relations backwards.
  • Why continue live in a country that has systematically put drugs into the Black community to destroy them.
  • Why continue live in a country where immigrants are treated better and given better resources to thrive economically in America than native born Black Americans.
  • Why continue to live in a country that favors illegal immigration. Which is something that greatly hurts Black American employment.
  • Why continue to live in a country that has a political party that says they are helping the Black community but in reality they have become the new slave masters.
  • Why continue to live in a country that has systematically destroyed the Black family.
  • Why continue to live in a country where the majority of it's population isn't sympathetic or even in some cases, doesn't even care about the long history of struggles and continued oppression in the Black community.
  • Why continue to live in a country that has historically brainwashed Blacks into hating themselves. A great example is the weave and hair straightening obsession that Black American women have.

Countries that Blacks could consider going to are African countries (primarily Western and Central nations) and countries that already have a large Black population and don't carry most of the baggage that the United states has against Black people.
It is not just America. These are the conditions for Blacks regardless of where you live at in the world. Dominicans hate us. In South America, even if they are Black, they want nothing to do with us. South Africa had apartheid. The rest of Africa endured some form of colonization, so the Blacks over there aren't any more hospitable than we are with each other here in the States. We have a hard way to go, regardless of where we live at in this world so no I am not convinced that leaving America is the answer.

Now I say all of this in reference to African-Americans, or Black Americans, however once wishes to self identify. What of the other Blacks that immigrated here? Some may want to go back to wherever, and many do, but if given the choice between America and wherever they're from, some might choose America. Although some would argue that immigrant Blacks are treated better than African-Americans in this country.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 AM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
It seems that it might not be a bad idea for Blacks living in United States to seriously consider. We all need to face the ugly truth that things are not getting any better and probably never will for the Black American community. Blacks have tried to get real equality for over 400 years but sadly it has failed. Here are my list of reasons as to why Blacks should seriously consider leaving the United States.
Overall, a load of hogwash.

Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that claims to be progressive and fair in law but continues to ignore and address the clear problems and issues caused largely by White Supremacy against the Black community.
Do the blacks do better in any other country except maybe Barbados?
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where the systematic oppression of Blacks still exists.
You are kidding. If anything diversification and affirmative action efforts favor blacks.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where real Black leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Huey Newton, and Marcus Garvey are either assassinated or silenced while "so called" modern day Black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson live on, even though they do absolutely nothing to try and improve the issues in the Black community.
Ask those "so called" modern day Black leaders why they do nothing constructive? King's death was a tragedy; the others basically stirred the pot and got what they had coming.
Quote:
Why continue live in a country where Planned Parenthood and abortion hurts the Black community at a disproportionate rate.
Do black women benefit by having six or seven children that they neither have the money, the time nor the inclination to raise? The Jews, among the more successful minorities, generally have between two and three children, often in intact marriages.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where the majority of the American population doesn't want to live around Black people "regardless of income level".
Who ever said that? If the blacks are committed to middle-class values we are happy to have them as neighbors. As we in fact do.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where you are hated just for being Black.
Hated by who?
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where Blacks are judge by their color first and foremost before being treated as a human being.
Judged by who?
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that doesn't want Blacks to thrive economically.
Who in their right minds doesn't want them to thrive economically?
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where people fear you just because you have Black skin.
If someone walks arouind with attitude, and loud music playing, or down the middle of a street sure there's fear.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where a "so called" Black president has done more damage to the Black community than good and continues to set race relations backwards.
As Barack Obama to explain himself.
Quote:
Why continue live in a country that has systematically put drugs into the Black community to destroy them.
A bit into conspiracy theories?
Quote:
Why continue live in a country where immigrants are treated better and given better resources to thrive economically in America than native born Black Americans.
Who "gives" them better resources? Maybe they decided to pay attention in school?
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that favors illegal immigration. Which is something that greatly hurts Black American employment.
If blacks attended school they'd certainly be favored over immigrants who don't speak English.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that has a political party that says they are helping the Black community but in reality they have become the new slave masters.
Ask the Democratic party.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that has systematically destroyed the Black family.
Ask the men why they don't commit to monogamous relationships.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country where the majority of it's population isn't sympathetic or even in some cases, doesn't even care about the long history of struggles and continued oppression in the Black community.
I can only speak for myself. I care, emphatically.
Quote:
Why continue to live in a country that has historically brainwashed Blacks into hating themselves. A great example is the weave and hair straightening obsession that Black American women have.
Who have I brainwashed?
Quote:
Countries that Blacks could consider going to are African countries (primarily Western and Central nations) and countries that already have a large Black population and don't carry most of the baggage that the United states has against Black people.
The U.S. is the country that has done the best by blacks anywhere, except maybe Barbados. We are the only country that has tried integration. It's messy and imperfect but superior to anything else.

The black community has to start pushing values such as stable families, limits on the number of children, and working with the majority communities.

Old 01-11-2015, 11:52 AM

75 posts, read 120,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Overall, a load of hogwash.

Do the blacks do better in any other country except maybe Barbados?
You are kidding. If anything diversification and affirmative action efforts favor blacks.

Ask those "so called" modern day Black leaders why they do nothing constructive? King's death was a tragedy; the others basically stirred the pot and got what they had coming.
Do black women benefit by having six or seven children that they neither have the money, the time nor the inclination to raise? The Jews, among the more successful minorities, generally have between two and three children, often in intact marriages.
Who ever said that? If the blacks are committed to middle-class values we are happy to have them as neighbors. As we in fact do.

Hated by who?
Judged by who?
Who in their right minds doesn't want them to thrive economically?
If someone walks arouind with attitude, and loud music playing, or down the middle of a street sure there's fear.
As Barack Obama to explain himself.
A bit into conspiracy theories?
Who "gives" them better resources? Maybe they decided to pay attention in school?
If blacks attended school they'd certainly be favored over immigrants who don't speak English.
Ask the Democratic party.
Ask the men why they don't commit to monogamous relationships.
I can only speak for myself. I care, emphatically.
Who have I brainwashed?
The U.S. is the country that has done the best by blacks anywhere, except maybe Barbados. We are the only country that has tried integration. It's messy and imperfect but superior to anything else.

The black community has to start pushing values such as stable families, limits on the number of children, and working with the majority communities.
That last paragraph is the most important. The surest way of keeping yourself and your child poor and deprived forever is to have children that you can't afford. Children need two parents or they are at a HUGE disadvantage! Everyone should use family planning, birth control, and wait till you're in a stable supportive relationship.

Statistics and common sense show that this is a major contributing factor to the much lower economic status of African Americans

Last edited by urbo2705; 01-11-2015 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: Spelling mistake

Old 01-11-2015, 01:30 PM

8,632 posts, read 13,000,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
It is not just America. These are the conditions for Blacks regardless of where you live at in the world. Dominicans hate us. In South America, even if they are Black, they want nothing to do with us. South Africa had apartheid. The rest of Africa endured some form of colonization, so the Blacks over there aren't any more hospitable than we are with each other here in the States. We have a hard way to go, regardless of where we live at in this world so no I am not convinced that leaving America is the answer.

Now I say all of this in reference to African-Americans, or Black Americans, however once wishes to self identify. What of the other Blacks that immigrated here? Some may want to go back to wherever, and many do, but if given the choice between America and wherever they're from, some might choose America. Although some would argue that immigrant Blacks are treated better than African-Americans in this country.
Just to make things clear, When I'm talking about Blacks leaving America, I'm referring to the ones who have deep roots in the US. Basically the direct descendants of the African American slaves. If the Black immigrants want to join the Black Americans in leaving the country then that's fine but if they don't want to leave, that's okay as well. You can't force someone who is brainwashed into believing in the so called "American dream" propaganda to know what's best for themselves. It's similar to trying to help an abused woman leave her abusive husband but she refuses to do that. It's up to that individual to make the change and know that he/she is in a dysfunctional relationship. This is how I feel about the relationship is between Blacks and America. Eventually a bad relationship has to come to an end.

As far as Blacks being desired in other countries, many nations would love to have Black Americans in their countries because they see the potential we have to prosper as a community if given the opportunity without systematic oppression barriers to worry about. Afro-Latinos in those countries look up to Black Americans because they know we went through the worst kind of racism a human being can endure and they can relate to our struggle unlike many of our fellow non-Black Americans. Latin American countries would let Blacks Americans in with open arms because they know we will help build a better country if given the opportunity to succeed on different metrics and not just let a few "token Blacks" slip through the cracks usually through some form of entertainment or modern day minstrel show.

Last edited by gwillyfromphilly; 01-11-2015 at 01:48 PM..

Old 01-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,164,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1969 View Post
Funny, even though I'm Native American I get treated like those very "unhappy BLACKS" you mention and get told to go "back" to where I came "from" all the time. I wish people would just stop treating Choctaw Indians, and Chickasaws, and Utes, and Navajos and any tribe with dark skin, like "foreign" "blacks" and tell US to go to Africa - when we're NATIVE. Of HERE.

I mean, some of US with university educations are told to look into expatriating as a US citizen with our degree and go teach English abroad. Where, pray tell? What other country that says it wants US citizens with "American" English, would accept and hire someone who even "looks black" in their eyes - and these days these overseas schools do FaceTime or Skype interviews beforehand to make sure you don't look like the wrong colour to hire so you don't waste your time selling all your possessions, selling your car and getting on a plane overseas thinking you have a JOB waiting there for you only to have the offer rescinded when they see the colour of your skin. Really, leave the US? Where in the world can a dark-skinned American Indian go and not look like the "unhappy black" of the stereotyped media?!?!

No, really, where? Panama? Bolivia??
No one is talking about forcibly expelling anyone. It's simply a question of whether it would be a good idea to encourage unhappy people to leave. It would be entirely up to them whether they actually leave ...... and in fact anyone can do so now if they want to, whether singly or as part of a group such as Jim Jones' sect.

AAs and NAs have very legitimate gripes about past treatment by whites, and whites have legitimate gripes about their extraordinarily high crime rates etc. However the playing field is pretty much level right now, and with affirmative action is slightly in favor of blacks. They can respond to that positively or negatively.

I don't know about the particular problems you may have experienced as an NA, but I suspect they are concentrated in rural areas such as white ranches and small towns that are near reservations. In liberal areas such as California, Native Americans are considered to be cool, it's a social advantage to be one - that's why practically every woman in California claims to be descended from a Cherokee princess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates