Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 05:28 PM

8,632 posts, read 12,993,036 times

Advertisements

It seems that it might not be a bad idea for Blacks living in United States to seriously consider. We all need to face the ugly truth that things are not getting any better and probably never will for the Black American community. Blacks have tried to get real equality for over 400 years but sadly it has failed. Here are my list of reasons as to why Blacks should seriously consider leaving the United States.

• Why continue to live in a country that claims to be progressive and fair in law but continues to ignore and address the clear problems and issues caused largely by White Supremacy against the Black community.

• Why continue to live in a country where the systematic oppression of Blacks still exists.

• Why continue to live in a country where real Black leaders like Dr. Martin Luther King, Malcolm X, Huey Newton, and Marcus Garvey are either assassinated or silenced while "so called" modern day Black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson live on, even though they do absolutely nothing to try and improve the issues in the Black community.

• Why continue live in a country where Planned Parenthood and abortion hurts the Black community at a disproportionate rate.

• Why continue to live in a country where the majority of the American population doesn't want to live around Black people "regardless of income level".

• Why continue to live in a country where you are hated just for being Black.

• Why continue to live in a country where Blacks are judge by their color first and foremost before being treated as a human being.

• Why continue to live in a country that doesn't want Blacks to thrive economically.

• Why continue to live in a country where people fear you just because you have Black skin.

• Why continue to live in a country where a "so called" Black president has done more damage to the Black community than good and continues to set race relations backwards.

• Why continue live in a country that has systematically put drugs into the Black community to destroy them.

• Why continue live in a country where immigrants are treated better and given better resources to thrive economically in America than native born Black Americans.

• Why continue to live in a country that favors illegal immigration. Which is something that greatly hurts Black American employment.

• Why continue to live in a country that has a political party that says they are helping the Black community but in reality they have become the new slave masters.

• Why continue to live in a country that has systematically destroyed the Black family.

• Why continue to live in a country where the majority of it's population isn't sympathetic or even in some cases, doesn't even care about the long history of struggles and continued oppression in the Black community.

• Why continue to live in a country that has historically brainwashed Blacks into hating themselves. A great example is the weave and hair straightening obsession that Black American women have.

Countries that Blacks could consider going to are African countries (primarily Western and Central nations) and countries that already have a large Black population and don't carry most of the baggage that the United states has against Black people.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-08-2015 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: Moved to Great Debates

Old 01-08-2015, 09:05 AM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,205 times
My question is where are African Americans going to go? As far as going to western and central nations in Africa we have examples of this with Sierra Leone and Liberia and both I would use as examples as to why this is a very bad idea. As far as other nations with the amount of black people in it as the United States has there are none outside of nations in Africa. Europe is getting more and more anti immigrant, Canada has nowhere near the amount of black people there and tends to treat to blacks in Canada like foreigners vs viewing them as Canadians and Black Canadians are culturally different then African Americans. You can toss the idea of going to Asia right out the window as well. South America very much uses a caste system with the whiter you are the more opportunity you have. Australia was just as cruel if not worse in regards to aboriginals then the United States was in regards to Native Americans. So my question to you again is where do you think tens of millions of African Americans should go?

Last edited by cwa1984; 01-08-2015 at 09:15 AM..

Old 01-08-2015, 09:32 AM

45,545 posts, read 27,160,554 times
Most of the bulleted criteria in the OP is subjective at best. My family is fine. I am not brainwashed to hate myself. My family does not do drugs. Collectively - black people are in the best situation they have ever been in this country. We have a black president. Many blacks in government - on BOTH sides. Athletes who make millions... actors who make millions... musicians... Black Entertainment TV... opportunities abound for blacks who make good life choices and are patient and willing to work hard.

The problem is that the light shines on the bad issues. The problem is that many black people still continue to make bad life decisions on top of bad life decisions - and put themselves in tough situations where they are very needy, which lead to more bad decisions.

Yeah there are still people who are obstacles - white and black. So what? You suggest we should give up, cut and run? Forget it. It's a long haul and we are further along than we have ever been. You can focus on what the media feeds you, or you can use your own observation.

Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM

24,470 posts, read 17,211,031 times
Interesting bullet points but.... where are they going to go? The trouble with black people is they are their own worse enemies but this can be said for many other races of people that play into the typical stereotypes.
I have said that if black people as a whole could get their act together they could take over the country. Black people have made huge inroads in the last 50 years into sports, music, entertainment and politics. They have changed pop culture in many ways.
I think if they all decided to up and leave America tomorrow our nation would lose an asset.
I do wish the ones that choose a life of crime would either stop it or move out, they are giving the good people a bad rep.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,999,558 times
Maybe if the media would pick up on the GOOD things and the contributions that the black community supply to this country people would start seeing them in a different light. People in general, that means everyone, put themselves in the positions they find themselves in by making good or poor choices. Depending on that choice depends on how you are going to be viewed, Martin Luther King Jr. made the statement "judge not a person by the color of their skin but by their character" and your character is what YOU as a person controls.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:39 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,080,738 times
I believe Marcus Garvey had a back to Africa agenda in the 1920's, did it succeed? Which country do you believe provides the best environment for righting all that you believe is wrong?

Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,553 times
Leave? No. I prefer empowerment. Getting out the vote. Taking to the streets. Making people believe all lives matter. People hate change, but rocking the boat is always a good thing.

Old 01-08-2015, 10:54 AM

93,235 posts, read 123,842,121 times
I understand what the OP is saying, but what makes this so ironic is that Native Americans and African Americans are the two groups, in that order, that have the highest volume of people with long time roots. So, if Black folks leave, the larger culture and other groups not named would have to leave. What I mean by that is that those other groups needed those two groups to lay the foundation in order for this country to be the so called super power that it is. Without them, this country wouldn't be the same, which could be good or bad in some ways.

As for where said folks could go is tough to figure out and I would say that countries on the West Coast of Africa would be the best bet. If you are a part of the Israelite movement, they may say Israel. Over history, there have been localized ideas that were created in the US like Nicodemus KS, Timbuctoo in NY and NJ, Greenwood in North Tulsa OK and Allensworth in CA, among others.

If you have time and get through the commercials, OP, you may find this dialogue to be interesting: Tim Wise » Tim Wise on the #ZoWhat!? Show – Ferguson, White Supremacy and Racism in America (12/8/14)

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-08-2015 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-08-2015, 11:03 AM

214 posts, read 281,631 times
Moderator cut: Off topic

Didn't read most of the list but if it was really that bad the leader of the country you say the blacks should run from wouldn't be black himself.

It's more a media thing than a real thing. There's a lot of blacks in this country who are in charge and very successful. It's not that bad. That's just how you see it.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 01-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 01-08-2015, 11:22 AM

5,294 posts, read 10,203,482 times
There are places in Europe Black people could go to. Also, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia both tend to view Black people more favorably than the US (unless maybe they're coming from Africa). There might not be as big numbers of Blacks in those countries, and the culture among Blacks there may be different. But I think the quality of life, in many ways, would improve for Black people moving to those areas. My cousin (who is Black) moved to Australia after many years of living abroad. She never wants to live here again. She married a White Australian dude and they have a baby. She's never encountered any racism there whatsoever, and says she's happier there than she was when she lived here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates