Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2015, 10:11 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times

Advertisements

Is there anybody that knows the difference from experience? Did anyone here get circumcised at an older age and remember what it was like before vs. after?

I'm asking because I don't know what I'm missing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2015, 10:14 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Also, why are people so passionate about this issue either way?

Old 04-15-2015, 10:33 PM

1,770 posts, read 1,662,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
The HPV shot is less effective than having a circumcised partner. It's only effective against 70% of the HPV out there and there are questions WRT efficacy and how long it is effective. It is for now unproven. We have to wait until the first crop of girls who got the shots at 15 turn 45 before we'll know if it made a hill of beans difference. We KNOW having a circumcised partner makes a difference.

And it doesn't matter how many partners I've had. That would be how many HE had as he is the carrier. He could be my one and only but if he carries the right strain, I pay the price. Europe is seeing an increase in deaths due to cervical cancer that is in proportion to the increased number of uncircumcised men. Women should be worth more than a flap of skin.

What I find amazing is how religions knew circumcision was a good thing so long ago without a single medical study.
If women were told to reduce their pleasure by removing part of their body for the sake of men's health there would be outrage. Women would go nuts over this and rightfully so. In addition to that, the difference in rate of HPV is 10% in the studies I have seen. Being careful about who you sleep with would be a much better way to prevent HPV than telling men to chop off part of their body.

Old 04-16-2015, 01:49 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,487,382 times
I was NOT cut, and am THANKFUL I Wasn't. I have a brother who was, and lets say brothers do talk...apparently, I have far more sensitivity than he does, I have no problem and have control over reaching orgasm when I want to, whereas it seems he has lots of trouble, and HE was the one who got infections After being Cut.

ANY MAN simply watching a guy on TV getting hit in the 'nuts' will 'feel it" as though it happened to him, as it HAS happened before to him, so he can seriously relate.

ANY IDIOT...especially WOMEN...who think it doesn't HURT LIKE HELL for a baby boy to get circumcised, needs to watch this video with SOUND ON FULL VOLUME!
{if the mods don't purge it}

{WARNING: ACTUAL circumcision taking place}

[vimeo]22940047[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/22940047

It MIGHT just change your mind!

Old 04-16-2015, 05:31 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
No, it's actually because the foreskin contains a large number of Langerhans cells, which are targeted by the HIV virus.
Let's be clear about this. These Langerhan cells are immune system cells that are found in our epidermis, including in the mucosa of the mouth, foreskin, and vagina. They are a vital part of our protection system. They take up microbial substances. The HIV virus happens to be one of them, a very difficult and insidious one. There have already been posts on here about ways to avoid introducing the HIV virus to a partner.

When the foreskin is removed, that layer of protection also goes with it...... for countless number of men who will never come in contact with HIV. So make sure you keep things clean down there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Langerhans_cell

Old 04-16-2015, 08:39 AM

804 posts, read 1,075,637 times
If you are in America he may come across wemon when he is dating that think the extra skin is "gross". In Europe its very common to not be circumcised.

I know they do it for health and religious reasons but I am not sure it matters anymore.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:07 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
The oldest documented piece of evidence for circumcision is from ancient Egypt.

The description on this ancient Egyptian drawing showing a male genital cutting ceremony indicates that it was done as "a rite of passage to identity, gender, and power." That basically means that it was performed as a ritual.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/F...on_papyrus.jpg
Like most practices it probably started out practically, when someone trimmed the foreskin off of someone due to one of the many issues that 5% of the male population have with foreskin. Religion as usual had to get involved

Old 04-16-2015, 10:15 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhi View Post
I was NOT cut, and am THANKFUL I Wasn't. I have a brother who was, and lets say brothers do talk...apparently, I have far more sensitivity than he does, I have no problem and have control over reaching orgasm when I want to, whereas it seems he has lots of trouble, and HE was the one who got infections After being Cut.

ANY MAN simply watching a guy on TV getting hit in the 'nuts' will 'feel it" as though it happened to him, as it HAS happened before to him, so he can seriously relate.

ANY IDIOT...especially WOMEN...who think it doesn't HURT LIKE HELL for a baby boy to get circumcised, needs to watch this video with SOUND ON FULL VOLUME!
{if the mods don't purge it}

{WARNING: ACTUAL circumcision taking place}

[vimeo]22940047[/vimeo]
https://vimeo.com/22940047

It MIGHT just change your mind!

"I have far more sensitivity than he does, I have no problem and have control over reaching orgasm when I want to, whereas it seems he has lots of trouble, and HE was the one who got infections After being Cut. "
Really It's obviously so terrible living life circumcised

Old 04-16-2015, 10:36 AM

564 posts, read 747,165 times
It's incredible how billions of men alive today and throughout human history have managed to survive all these horrible diseases that you apparently get from being uncut and managed to reproduce with billions of women that looked at them in horror and disgust...

This whole thing is silly, at best circumcision is only extremely painful for the baby, at worst it's traumatic and can cause a whole set of very serious problems for the male. The foreskin evolved and exists for a reason, it is necessary to keep males penises healthy. As an uncircumcised man you won't get higher rates of cancer, AIDS, infections or whatever other bs circumcision advocates can come up with.

Circumcision only exists due to cultural reasons, not scientific, it's an unnecessary and primitive practice that should just disappear already.

Old 04-16-2015, 12:11 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Steering this away from just the arguing.. Whatever side you're on.. Why do you think you have the right to tell other people what to do?

That's the part I don't get.. As I said before, yes, I think I would leave my child uncut because I couldn't undo it, and I would prefer to let him make the decision.

But.. I certainly don't feel it within my rights to tell someone else how to raise their child.. So.. Many of you on here apparently do not share that opinion. Why do you feel you have the right to tell someone else whether they should or should not circumcise their child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates