Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 07:51 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,412,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenIslandJake1995 View Post
I am circumcised, my sons will be too, and from being in locker rooms and doing sports all throughout HS I have never seen a white person who isn't, and every girl I know considers uncut to be a turn off. If you are white and you don't want your son to be a the "wierd penis guy" in the locker room and to not be humiliated during his first sexual encounter when the girl says "ewww" then do it. If you don't, he will want to do it but be too scared to do it. There is no science behind it, it's just better looking and a cultural norm here amongst white people in the United States. It's easier maintenance, there is no pulling anything back you just clean it the same way you clean your thumb.
My husband was a star football player, lettered in track, is white, and uncircumcised, and was not ridiculed. I am also white and his "turtleneck" did not turn me off. So please speak for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,960 times
Quote:
I think it actually looks nauseating uncut, like a cucumber wearing an oversized turtleneck. I actually knew a girl when I was in senior year who dumped her boyfriend because he was an immigrant from Ireland and uncut and he wouldn't get the snip
Have you asked your vet to circumcise your male pet because you can't stand what nature has provided? I get the feeling you are making up a lot of stuff in your posts to justify some personal agenda. LOL.

Old 04-14-2015, 07:52 AM

13,713 posts, read 12,431,964 times
My mother was a nurse, who saw men who had to be circumcised as adults, due to one reason or another. She said they seemed to feel significant discomfort afterwards.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paka View Post
I believe the studies have shown that :

Circumcision prevents phimosis (the inability to retract the foreskin at an age when it should normally be retractable), paraphimosis (the painful inability to return the foreskin to its original location), and balanoposthitis (inflammation of the ***** and foreskin).
Circumcision increases the chance of meatitis (inflammation of the opening of the penis).
Circumcision may result in a decreased incidence of urinary tract infections.
Circumcision may result in a lower incidence of sexually transmitted diseases and may reduce HIV transmission.
Circumcision may lower the risk for cancer of the cervix in sexual partners.
Circumcision may decrease the risk for cancer of the penis.
There may be rare cases when it is necessary to circumcise the male penis because the foreskin is too constricted and does not retract sufficiently, but that is the rare case indeed.

Some food for thought: All male mammals with a penis have a natural sheath that protects the penis just like men have. Many of these animals are built low to the ground, uncovered without garments, and sit and roll on the ground frequently. How often do they get infections in their penis? It is extremely, extremely rare. I've had a lot of pets in my life and that has never been the case. And the females do not get cervical cancer because of uncirc penises. Lol!!

Now if you want to talk about people, it is primarily done either for religious or cultural reasons, to identify members of a particular culture. That's why it's done. All these other reasons that they try to sell us on are things that the pro-circ group are reaching for..... to make it sound like there's a scientific basis for their cutting.

In some cultures they cut different things also...... for identity purposes mainly.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:22 AM

231 posts, read 402,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
Have you asked your vet to circumcise your male pet because you can't stand what nature has provided? I get the feeling you are making up a lot of stuff in your posts to justify some personal agenda. LOL.
Huh? I just think it's gross. Humans are not dogs but yes my dog has his balls chopped off so he doesn't reproduce.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Huh? I just think it's gross. Humans are not dogs but yes my dog has his balls chopped off so he doesn't reproduce.
Did you know that humans are mammals..... just like dogs? Sorry if that offends you. The penis serves the same functions in both cases.... for excreting liquid wastes and for internal fertilization.

Btw, we were talking about the penis not the testes (aka balls). But since you brought that up, yes, that's done to control reproduction. The circ'd penis, unless it's a rare emergency, is done for adornment mainly. It's a thing done by religious and cultural groups.

Old 04-14-2015, 08:38 AM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,542 times
Quote:
I am actually 20. I am of this generation.
I am talking about little boys today, the upcoming generation. About half of them are circumcised, the other half aren't, so when they are grown the mix will be common. Your generation is probably one of the last where the majority of boys are.

From reading the responses, I still feel very confident in our decision .

Old 04-14-2015, 09:27 AM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,611 times
Quote:
I think it actually looks nauseating uncut, like a cucumber wearing an oversized turtleneck. I actually knew a girl when I was in senior year who dumped her boyfriend because he was an immigrant from Ireland and uncut and he wouldn't get the snip
You should probably stop looking at other men's junk if it bothers you so much.

Old 04-14-2015, 09:32 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,297,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
You should probably stop looking at other men's junk if it bothers you so much.
He (Jake) can't help it!!!

Old 04-14-2015, 09:57 AM

231 posts, read 402,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinking-man View Post
He (Jake) can't help it!!!
If you're in a locker room it's kind of hard not to see, also in any adult movie. It's just gross.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates