Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 02:27 PM

813 posts, read 600,907 times

Advertisements

I stand corrected , you never said it was an organ. And no, I have never even considered the function of a foreskin, you obviously know more about it than I do. I'm serious as to how it makes a penis more functional, what am I missing? I do know that my father had his removed in his 40's (not sure why).

I have a feeling not having a foreskin is a lot like having wisdom teeth pulled. It limits the possibility of future problems, and once it's gone you won't miss it.

Last edited by raggedjim; 05-05-2015 at 02:28 PM.. Reason: Can't spell!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 02:51 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
I stand corrected , you never said it was an organ. And no, I have never even considered the function of a foreskin, you obviously know more about it than I do. I'm serious as to how it makes a penis more functional, what am I missing? I do know that my father had his removed in his 40's (not sure why).

I have a feeling not having a foreskin is a lot like having wisdom teeth pulled. It limits the possibility of future problems, and once it's gone you won't miss it.
It took me 3 seconds - All I did was run a search on: "the function of the foreskin" in my favorite search engine and the first hit was this exhaustive list: Functions of the foreskin

What are you missing... everything, because you aren't doing your own research brother! Knowledge is power. You know why you weren't left intact at birth? I'll tell you why, (probably), because your parents like mine didn't do their own research, they just listened to and repeated the opinions of others or they allowed the Doctor to perform the operation because they didn't know better. This is one of the major problems with the world today - even when people have questions, they don't look for the answers themselves.

Now because you and I were circumsized, we will never know what being uncircumsized feels like. Sure we may never get a "foreskin infection" or have issues with "partially retracted foreskin", but we also will never know the pleasure of an intact ***** (LOL g.l.a.n.s. was starred out as if it was a curse word) and a head of a penis not scared up and callused from friction. We will simply never know what we don't know because our parents allowed or encouraged a doctor to perform a stupid operation. There's no sense in crying over it, but there is plenty of sense of ensuring future generations aren't so ignorant of the truth.

Regarding your father, he's probably like my Uncle... had his foreskin removed in adulthood due to one of the two issues I mentioned above. He's literally one in a million (or more), and perhaps he even made the decision to have you circumsized (as my Uncle did his sons) due to his own issue. That doesn't make such a decision wise, but it happens, and I get it.

Old 05-05-2015, 03:19 PM

Not trying to be critical but... You do realize the page you linked spelled circumcision incorrectly in their website title?

Brother, you don't have to tell me how to search the interwebs. I've been surfing this thing since you needed to type in numbers to get where you are going. I've also been on it long enough to know it is the most powerful source of information there is available, BUT it is also the most powerful source of DISINFORMATION there is. I can find a site to backup ANY side of an issue with a quick click (part of what's wrong with the world, no one has to REALLY research anything, they are GOOGLE smart, yada, yada)

I honestly have never felt a loss from this, if you do I hope you can find a resolution.

Good luck, Rg

PS. Probably would make a good hiding place...

Last edited by raggedjim; 05-05-2015 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Love to edit!

Old 05-05-2015, 03:38 PM

18,529 posts, read 18,748,986 times
Quote:
Does the same thinking apply to ear rings? I see little baby girls with ear rings all the time. I'd never do it, but people do.

How about if the child has 6 toes, do you take care of that when they are young or wait until they are older and will suffer more? Or maybe a birthmark that can be corrected? Or maybe that tonsil removal that will help prevent ear infections? As a parent I would make those decision for the child.

I can tell you are passionate about this, and I support your right to make decisions for your child, but not mine.
No I dont like earrings on babies or young children at all for a couple of reasons.. tonsil removal is for health reasons.. having a boy or girl mutilated is completely different and you know it.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:27 PM

2,827 posts, read 4,341,475 times
Quote:
Not trying to be critical but... You do realize the page you linked spelled circumcision incorrectly in their website title?
FYI.... the website chose the name circumstitions.com by combining the words circumcision and superstitions... that's all. They spell circumcision correctly throughout their website. Check out the home page...

The Intactivism Pages

.... a very informative website btw.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
FYI.... the website chose the name circumstitions.com by combining the words circumcision and superstitions... that's all. They spell circumcision correctly throughout their website. Check out the home page...

The Intactivism Pages

.... a very informative website btw.
Ohh, that's clever! I missed it, I usually catch wordplay pretty quick.

Seems like a lot of people are pretty passionate about this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates