Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2015, 04:54 PM

42,717 posts, read 25,880,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pughnose View Post
I would really like to agree with you. I direct you to the bankruptcy of Radio Shack, where the customer contact information (and purchase history?) they collected for all those decades is being sold as an asset to pay creditors. I think that the bankruptcy trustee makes that decision and that Radio Shack has absolutely no say in it.

If 23andMe goes bankrupt or is bought out or spins off a subsidiary, do those legal obligations follow? I'm not a lawyer but lawyers write user agreements for the benefit of the companies who employ them; I wouldn't bet too much that they'll never be able to do what you hope they won't.
Here is Ancestry DNA's privacy statement AncestryDNA

The Privacy agreement for Harvard's Personal Genome Project was similar & stated that I agree to allow them to share my DNA SNP's with their researchers and other medical research organizations but that it will never be accompanied by any personally identifying information.

I'm not too worried, what are they going to do with it, tell the world I have a lower than average probability of getting cancer and a high probability of living past 100 lol?

Old 04-18-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
Most of the white women that I know who are single parents have have white kids not kids by black fathers so not sure there is really a phenomenon as you mentioned.
that is what I have observed too

Old 04-18-2015, 05:05 PM

25,581 posts, read 21,753,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Because people guilt them into NOT having abortions.

And/or they are not physically and mentally strong enough to carry a baby to term and then give it up for adoption. (I know I wouldn't be.)
Ah, no. A lot of these people do it for increased welfare check and most would find an abortion much worse than ending the life of their baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
It's definitely occurring at a rapid pace. I live in a community that is 1% back and see numerous young white, Hispanic, & Asian girls with mixed race babies and rarely is there a Father around. They also usually are on food stamps.
You might see this more around an area with military. And, despite color, those getting food stamps get more money per head in the household.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I wish women would prefer the good black men. But let's face it. These non-black girls want to be with guys with "swagger" and don't want the educated boring black guy. In the end they pay the price though. I guess we all just have to get used to illegitimate children being the norm nowadays.
How do you know what non-black girls want? I think you are talking more about economic class than color. Illegitimate children come in all colors and mixes of colors. I don't care how they mix it up as long as everyone pays the bills to raise their children. It is possible to be a single mother and support your child/children without help from others and child support can be enforced if the father is working. Working fathers and non-working fathers come in all colors and mixes of colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
because thats what they do, non responsible, and as far as the non black female, they must hate their families
Our last neighbors had two sons, they were black and both married and had children with non black females (white) and I can assure you that no one hated their families in that bunch. I have friend whose daughter who is black and married a white man. I just don't really understand this hostility toward blacks that I have been seeing in C-D lately. I have tried to explain that what one is seeing is socio-economic class rather than racial traits but that is obviously not sinking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Here's a question....

Is there some innate difference between hood rats and decent Black people?

That would be a great study.

A lot of really interesting stuff is going to come out of modern DNA testing. Those 23andMe people aren't in this business to provide people with a bit ancestry information...people are paying them to collect data that they'll use in other ways.
Yes, a hood rat could be any color or mix of colors and a decent Black person would be black. Despite some people want to believe, there are a lot of black people that are decent but they don't make the news because, they aren't news.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Ah, no. A lot of these people do it for increased welfare check and most would find an abortion much worse than ending the life of their baby. You might see this more around an area with military. And, despite color, those getting food stamps get more money per head in the household. .
I have no idea what this means "most would find an abortion much worse than ending the life of their baby" Isn't ending the babies life what an abortion does? You claim people have babies for an increased welfare check? Did you know that in many States having an additional child does not give you a penny more in your cash grant and for those that do give you extra money it's usually around $80 a month[/b].

According to you, another reason the poor have more kids is to get more food stamps? The average size of a welfare family is 3.7 people, about the same as for a non-welfare family. Spending patterns of families receiving means-tested government assistance : Beyond the Numbers: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics[/b]

We have been sold on a whole lot of myths about the poor. It started with Reagan's "welfare queen" and it hasn't stopped since, what a shame.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:56 PM

20 posts, read 39,928 times
Maybe it is more of a class and morals thing then a race thing. I a black Female have zeros kids and won't outside of marriage. (Religious convictions and being raised by married christian parents) Currently, I am working on my Masters so I don't see that happening soon. I have three brothers none of which have fallen into the traps that destroy the black community such as; drugs,violence, gangs, prison,and death. They are all professional men. One is married, one has a fiancé and the other is single. My point is they had a strong black father who worked hard to provide a good life for his family,valued education and instilled morals in them. If you value yourself and stand for something you will not attract trash or lay up with him black or white. I am going to be honest it is not just black men who have children outside of marriage but a high percentage do. I taught in a federal program in NY and most of the children lived in single parent homes and had black fathers.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:10 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,098,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysolitude View Post
Maybe it is more of a class and morals thing then a race thing. I a black Female have zeros kids and won't outside of marriage. (Religious convictions and being raised by married christian parents) Currently, I am working on my Masters so I don't see that happening soon. I have three brothers none of which have fallen into the traps that destroy the black community such as; drugs,violence, gangs, prison,and death. They are all professional men. One is married, one has a fiancé and the other is single. My point is they had a strong black father who worked hard to provide a good life for his family,valued education and instilled morals in them. If you value yourself and stand for something you will not attract trash or lay up with him black or white. I am going to be honest it is not just black men who have children outside of marriage but a high percentage do. I taught in a federal program in NY and most of the children lived in single parent homes and had black fathers.
My sister is a Black woman. She has no children, so it's safe to say she has none out of wedlock. My mother never had children out of wedlock. She was a virgin when she married my father, and they're still married today. I'm a Black man and I have no children out of wedlock. I've never had sex either. I can credit this to the same thing you credit your brothers doing well. My father.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladysolitude View Post
My point is they had a strong black father who worked hard to provide a good life for his family,valued education and instilled morals in them.
I think that sentence says a whole lot.

The Myth Of The Absent Black Father | ThinkProgress

If the father is unemployed or underemployed and mom is living with her family they may not be willing or able to take him in..If you can't find a place to live then it's real hard to live together with your kid.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:22 PM

3,350 posts, read 2,833,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
My sister is a Black woman. She has no children, so it's safe to say she has none out of wedlock. My mother never had children out of wedlock. She was a virgin when she married my father, and they're still married today. I'm a Black man and I have no children out of wedlock. I've never had sex either. I can credit this to the same thing you credit your brothers doing well. My father.
My parents had sex outside of marriage .They were engaged when they found out they having me so they got married.If your relationships is solid then it is okay have kids.

Old 04-18-2015, 06:32 PM

247 posts, read 251,774 times
same reason most serial killers are white

Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 PM

428 posts, read 342,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
same reason most serial killers are white

Myth #2

5 Myths about Serial Killers and Why They Persist [Excerpt] - Scientific American

Yer welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.