Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 05:59 PM

428 posts, read 344,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What a stupid, ugly thread.

No doubt waited for the weekend to unleash this turd-torrent and avoid mod intervention.
Heck, it might not even be true.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:01 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What is racist is taking the actions of those persons within a race, and then judging other individuals by the very worst within a race/ethnicity.

Liberals do it all the time.. As I asked in my post...Do you feel better when the liberal media is doing the same?

Old 04-19-2015, 06:03 PM

1,112 posts, read 1,144,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA1 View Post
I have noticed over the last couple of years in California and in my travels throughout this country an interesting phenomena. Black males have been getting thousands of non-black women pregnant and leaving them as single mothers. We all know the statistics about black males and black females regarding their illegitimacy rate but now it is crossing racial lines when black males date non-blacks. I live in L.A. County where black males are like 4-5% of the population but they are spreading their seeds all over the place and you see so many unmarried white, hispanic and even some Asians women with their black babies. I know people are going to say things like how do you know the father is not part of their lives. For one thing whenever I see these women it is in public places like the beach, the park and the zoo where most fathers tend to go with their families but these women are rarely accompanied by black males. I can never remember seeing anything like this or at least to this extent before Obama was elected or before the Kardashians were in the public eye. So my question is. Is this some kind of trend where women think it is cool to have an illegitimate black mixed kid?
If you find mixed black people such a turn off, you do not need to deal with them. This is a big world, and you can choose who you want to spend your time with. I just hope your fiance does not know you feel this way, for she may find your attitude to be a turn off. I just found this thread to be very mean-spirited, and pointless.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:04 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
Quote:
I've had to learn this the hard way. Being non-White and being Black are two different things. There are people who will condone interracial marriage, but draw the line when it comes to Blacks. Blacks are looked down on. Other non-White groups might not be liked that much, but Blacks are pretty much looked down on the most, and have been looked down on from day one, going all the way back to before the founding of this country.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Liberals do it all the time.. As I asked in my post...Do you feel better when the liberal media is doing the same?
The media is corrupt and they want us to be divided so they can control us.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,208,250 times
Quote:
You sure are obsessed with liberals but if you must have an answer to your inane question, no I don't like it when the "liberal" media does it for the same reason. Despite what you might think, not everyone left of center hangs off the word pundits in the media say. But if you insist on seeing life and people through stereotypes then of course you will believe such a thing.

The OP's threads really should be moved to the P&OC.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:09 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post

So it's not racists to label all black men losers and dead beat dads? I don't think many of you even know many black men or black people of that matter to begin with. And yes the OP is definitely a racists troll. He is obsessed with race and black men. I think he should go live in Montana or somewhere since black dudes repulse so much. That would make everyone happy.

I wouldn't think ALL is fair but I see more than I care to.
As for your assumption of not knowing anyone black.
I live in the DC area. You can't swing a cat without seeing someone black and you most certainly know any if living here. I have more immediate black neighbors than some blacks I have worked with. No brag...fact.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:12 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
I've had to learn this the hard way. Being non-White and being Black are two different things. There are people who will condone interracial marriage, but draw the line when it comes to Blacks. Blacks are looked down on. Other non-White groups might not be liked that much, but Blacks are pretty much looked down on the most, and have been looked down on from day one, going all the way back to before the founding of this country.
Agree. I'm asian and I notice this a lot. I've been to China many times and have friends that are from there. I've never heard any one of them say anything positive about black people (except celebrities), while I've heard tons of negative comments. And the worst thing is, most of these people probably have never even met a black person in real life, or at least had any meaningful interaction with them. But at the same time these people will put whites on a pedestal, or at least accept them for who they are. Even Hispanics, Middle Easterners and others are treated better. Not sure it's "looking down on" but I'll agree blacks face the most hostility, at least in the US. Now I think some of this hostility is brought upon themselves but again, it does seem like they're treated as one homogeneous group, rather than as individuals, relatively speaking. One good thing though, is that I do think they receive the fairest representation in the entertainment industry (TV, movies) of all minorities.

Old 04-19-2015, 06:12 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
I'm not talking about liberals. I'm talking about what you are doing. Just what you are doing. Okay, there are liberals who do this. What does this have to do with the things YOU have said?

Old 04-19-2015, 06:16 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,897 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/great...terracial.html
Spin off thread

Old 04-19-2015, 06:17 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,533,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
Interestingly, it seem to be worldwide (aside from black majority countries of course). It's really a great question as to how somewhere like China got that way. Is it some sort of media issue inherited from the West? Does that attitude predate Western influences in the Orient? Gotta be a sociology study somewhere.

I'll bet that being black in Russia has got to be a trip, and rather irritating.
How China got that way? Probably the influence of Western media. Before the influence of Western media I don't think Chinese thought one way or the other about black people, just that they were different. And the terrible thing about this bias is that the vast, vast majority of Chinese have never even met a black person. This same media causes many Chinese to have a severe inferiority complex towards anyone of European descent. I think a defensive response is to have a superiority complex against anyone with darker skin, and of course to hate Japanese with a passion. A lot of Chinese, though by no means all, are really insecure people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates