Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2015, 09:01 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

Much to do about nothing; not a great debate. Bet her and other customers were glad to see Ops backside.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:04 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,769,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
By telling me to cook my own food, that's how, DUHH.
So I am lazy because I said YOU should cook your own food.....is that how your mind works?
Alrighty then.....

Whackadoodle thinking right there.

You also apparently are lazy because you missed in my previous post where I said MY SERVER was also a part OWNER of the restaurant. Unless he is somehow stealing from himself, he was not stealing.

You are a piece of work.

A delusional piece of work.

I'd be very suspicious of what the staff is doing to your food if I were you......very suspicious.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:04 PM

92 posts, read 225,772 times
The rushed server scenario happens to me all of time too. It seems bit disingenuous to me that no one here admits this has ever happened to them and that they were annoyed by it, and instead have gang-piled on the OP.

I'll go out with my family and maybe a few people will order french fries with (yes) ranch dressing on the side. Then the food is dropped off and no dressing. So the server will rush by with an obligatory quick "is everything ok?" and one person will say "can I have some ranch dressing please?" and before I or anyone else can speak up to ask for their missing dressing, ketchup, utensil, water etc, the server is off. I don't want to be made to feel like a pest or have my food tampered with, so I usually do without whatever I wanted which also means I probably won't enjoy or even eat my french fries either.

Are all of you saying that this has never ever ever happened to you?

Old 05-04-2015, 09:09 PM

393 posts, read 306,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
And....I find it VERY INTERESTING that you've never answered any of the people who have asked about others dining with you.

Which I will take to mean that no one dines with you.

Can't say that I blame them. I'd avoid dining with you too. How embarrassing.
I am not an outgoing person, so I rarely go out with friends to do ANYTHING with them. I don't have a lot of close friends, NEVER have really except when I was a kid like when you are like 4 or something.

The times we went out with some friends of mine, they weren't embarrassed. If anything, it was hard for me to be with them, because of their cheap ways. One of the times, 15% was $2.88, the husband of my friend put that down. I mean really cheap. 15% for starters and secondly we usually round like if it's that close, just give $3. 12 cents is not that much to worry about if you had good service, which we did. I ended up adding up theirs and totally what 25% would be if I were paying theirs, then adding in what amount they should have tipped adding the money to our tip. So yeah, it's not always fun to go out with friends. You aren't going to agree about tipping with everyone. Also, some people that had good service want to tip well, but you had your order completely wrong, so it's not fair. That's why I'd rather just not go with friends personally, because it's just something to fight about.

I ended up putting in the money they should have put. Don't think I am cheap by not paying for theirs, because it's actually the complete opposite with them. They would come over and for example, bring a taco dip for the party's I would have, my friend took back a bag of chips she brought back home with her. I was just like, how cheap can you get, seriously? I wouldn't have done that personally. I had provided most of the food, she just brought one dish and the bags of chips. One of the bags of chips didn't get used, so she took it back home with her.

So its not that they don't want to dine with me, if anything I don't want to dine with them. I don't want them tipping 15% if the service is horrible for example. I want to tip 8%-10% or nothing, NOT 15%. So I'd rather not go out with people if we can't agree on the tip.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boystuition View Post
The rushed server scenario happens to me all of time too. It seems bit disingenuous to me that no one here admits this has ever happened to them and that they were annoyed by it, and instead have gang-piled on the OP.

I'll go out with my family and maybe a few people will order french fries with (yes) ranch dressing on the side. Then the food is dropped off and no dressing. So the server will rush by with an obligatory quick "is everything ok?" and one person will say "can I have some ranch dressing please?" and before I or anyone else can speak up to ask for their missing dressing, ketchup, utensil, water etc, the server is off. I don't want to be made to feel like a pest or have my food tampered with, so I usually do without whatever I wanted which also means I probably won't enjoy or even eat my french fries either.

Are all of you saying that this has never ever ever happened to you?

THANK YOU SO MUCH! THE SERVERS DO THE SAME FREAKING **** TO ME, THE SAME CRAP!

BEFORE I HAVE A CHANCE TO SAY "THE CHECK" when I asked for a bag and a box, they are already walking away. THAT'S HOW IT REALLY IS. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HONEST.

It's not just me. My mom said they do the same thing to her when she goes out to eat with my dad. They rush off, it's probably because they hope they do like you, "DO WITHOUT" so they don't have to do all of that work. I, however, don't back down on my wants. I don't do like you and not enjoy my food, I sit and wait to eat until have my ranch.

Oh yeah, then they won't even say they are sorry for the missing ranch even when the could have brought that out ahead of time.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeachSalsa View Post
You are a piece of work.A delusional piece of work.
WHY, because all I hear on blogs is from servers is that "We are not allowed to give you a discount, our manager can only do that."

So that's being HONEST, NOT a piece of work.

Quote:
I'd be very suspicious of what the staff is doing to your food if I were you......very suspicious.
Since I haven't gotten sick, it must not be too bad, don't ya think???

Old 05-04-2015, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springs1 View Post
WHY, because all I hear on blogs is from servers is that "We are not allowed to give you a discount, our manager can only do that."

So that's being HONEST, NOT a piece of work.

Since I haven't gotten sick, it must not be too bad, don't ya think???
Spit and boogers won't necessarily make you sick.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:19 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
If you order the way you tell your stories..... They probably thought you were done more than once during your dissertation and that's why they closed their books.

I couldn't even make it halfway through your original post.
Exactly.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:19 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,637,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
If you order the way you tell your stories..... They probably thought you were done more than once during your dissertation and that's why they closed their books.

I couldn't even make it halfway through your original post.
Exactly. Sounds like someone who you ask "what time is it?" and they tell how the watch was made.

I tried to read the OP, it went on too long.

Old 05-04-2015, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Exactly. Sounds like someone who you ask "what time is it?" and they tell how the watch was made.

I tried to read the OP, it went on too long.
Completely agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates