Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2015, 04:00 PM

22,186 posts, read 29,160,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
We can't win. Just give up, everyone.

Here's why I say what:

springs1: SERVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MENU PRICE OVERCHARGES

O M F G. Are you kidding me??????????? She kept these since 2003 and it was 2007 when she wrote this. Serious Serious Serious mental issues. She needs to be banned off this forum and someone needs to baker act her.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:02 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,597,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmax View Post
I think this woman is absolutely insane. I've had frustrating restaurant experiences a few times in my life, sure. I can't imagine obsessing over it in this manner. Springs, have you ever had a mental health evaluation?
Quote:
We can't win. Just give up, everyone.

Here's why I say what:

springs1: SERVERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MENU PRICE OVERCHARGES
The extreme use of foul language in her responses is very telling.
Definitely something off there.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:08 PM

179 posts, read 267,001 times
I had that fast walk off once. A friend and I went to order and he said he wanted a hamburger and a bowl of chili. She slammed the book shut and left. I was sitting there with my mouth open. We both waved to her several times and he would wave back and smile.

Then she came holding both plates and asked who got what. My friend got his food and I had to start my order at that time which meant that he was done by the time my order was there.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:19 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,316,917 times
Is there a "No Serve" list for restaurants like there is a "No fly" list for the airlines? Because if there is the OP would surely be on it. I was a waitress many years ago, it was one of my first jobs when I was very young. If a customer came in with his attitude I think I would have called the manager to wait on him and he would have. My manager was a great guy and would never have allowed a customer to treat a waitstaff as a servant. Heck, the manager would have probably thrown him out, certainly he would have banned him.

I would like to make a comment about this one thing
Quote:
A few months ago, I had to say "I'm not finished yet" to the server when I was ordering my food. The server should be repeating the order and asking "Is that all" to the customer to ensure correctness.
I used to have an excellent memory. I never had to repeat what the customer ordered. Many waitstaff don't especially those with experience.

And regardless of the situation, it just isn't a mature thing to do to call someone "stupid" because you don't believe they are doing their job in the manner in which you think they should. It's childish and thoughtless to call names. It says more about the name caller than the person being called the name. I agree with the person here who suggested that some anger management therapy is in order here.

There is something not right about people who pick on others who are not in a position to defend themselves while on the job. Customer service people are a kind of captive audience. Cowards and bullies love to pick on them even when there is no justification. I wonder how these bullies relate to people in a situation in which they are not satisfied with someone who has no restrictions on fighting back.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:20 PM

18,082 posts, read 18,686,465 times
Sounds wonderful to have as a neighbor!

Old 05-05-2015, 04:35 PM

22,186 posts, read 29,160,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Is there a "No Serve" list for restaurants like there is a "No fly" list for the airlines? Because if there is the OP would surely be on it. I was a waitress many years ago, it was one of my first jobs when I was very young. If a customer came in with his attitude I think I would have called the manager to wait on him and he would have. My manager was a great guy and would never have allowed a customer to treat a waitstaff as a servant. Heck, the manager would have probably thrown him out, certainly he would have banned him.

I would like to make a comment about this one thing

I used to have an excellent memory. I never had to repeat what the customer ordered. Many waitstaff don't especially those with experience.

And regardless of the situation, it just isn't a mature thing to do to call someone "stupid" because you don't believe they are doing their job in the manner in which you think they should. It's childish and thoughtless to call names. It says more about the name caller than the person being called the name. I agree with the person here who suggested that some anger management therapy is in order here.

There is something not right about people who pick on others who are not in a position to defend themselves while on the job. Customer service people are a kind of captive audience. Cowards and bullies love to pick on them even when there is no justification. I wonder how these bullies relate to people in a situation in which they are not satisfied with someone who has no restrictions on fighting back.

I know at my restaurant in Charlotte there was a ban list. Also for mine in Miami. Clearly states on the menu that the restaurant is allowed to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Many were because of these exact reasons.

I'm a server. I write everything down although I don't need to. Good way to CYA in case a customer tries to pull a fast one and sometimes they do. My tips are rarely below 20% + for a reason.

Now as far as standing up for myself I have no problem telling someone something if they say something to me that isn't right. I'm a grown ass woman. No one speaks to me in a bad way including my own father. And I'm a good enough asset to my place of business that they will side with me.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:37 PM

367 posts, read 454,733 times
Hopefully the buyout Kathie Jenkins out as food critic for the Pioneer Press | City Pages she received in 2012 was worth more then the $80 or so she saved herself from catching those overcharges!

Old 05-05-2015, 05:24 PM

6,452 posts, read 6,609,083 times
Quote:
Uh-oh...Kathie...is this you?

Springs1's identity revealed!!
Surely that columnist and OP are not the same person. The writing styles are VASTLY different.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:02 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,299,584 times
Springs has been on several message boards always complaining about restaurants.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:04 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,299,584 times
Quote:
Oh, goodness!!! You're right. Everyone...I urge you to abandon your efforts to respond here, and instead Google Springs1. I had no idea what a celebrity we have in our midst. Here's an example:

All Ranch Dressing Restaurant to Open; Springs1 Explodes | the bitchy waiter
OK just read more post, glad more posters are on to her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates