U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-21-2015, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,182 posts, read 2,621,551 times
Reputation: 2206

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
In my youth, I had my share of experiences with it. From my own unbiased viewpoint, I don't think it's moderate use causes any lasting damage or long term negative side effects. However, every "wake 'n' bake" stoner I ever knew grew increasingly antisocial, suffered from paranoia and heightened anxiety, and did not possess even an ounce of ambition whatsoever. They also tended to think in terms of 'stoner logic' rather than reality which made them appear to have a much lower IQ than the average (aka the classic "burnout"). They also turned into some of the most boring and annoying people in my then circle of friends. Once I grew out of smoking up, I quickly found I had next to nothing in common with them and lost touch with them over time.
Exactly. Great description!

I just smoked this Sat and I'm STILL hazy now. It feels like I'm mentally exhausted and I'm just slow mentally and have a hard time quickly recalling what I just did. Math is especially more difficult and slower than it should be and normally is. And this is 2 days afterwards, with adequate 8 hours of rest each night afterwards.

I find the hangover lasts soooo long, even if it isn't that intense. I'm done with MJ for a while cause I hate this lethargic, slow, tired feeling. I've never really had a alcohol hangover because I've never drunk a ton at once and I've always been hydrated. I have been really tired though because I haven't been able to sleep after being drunk though. As long as you drink nonsweet drinks before evening time (so you can sleep at night) in moderately light qualities on an empty stomach (speeds up coming up and going down) not on a regular occasion, I find alcohol superior.

And smoking burns your throat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-21-2015, 05:27 PM
 
3,431 posts, read 3,022,463 times
Reputation: 4127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Exactly. Great description!

I just smoked this Sat and I'm STILL hazy now. It feels like I'm mentally exhausted and I'm just slow mentally and have a hard time quickly recalling what I just did. Math is especially more difficult and slower than it should be and normally is. And this is 2 days afterwards, with adequate 8 hours of rest each night afterwards.

I find the hangover lasts soooo long, even if it isn't that intense. I'm done with MJ for a while cause I hate this lethargic, slow, tired feeling. I've never really had a alcohol hangover because I've never drunk a ton at once and I've always been hydrated. I have been really tired though because I haven't been able to sleep after being drunk though. As long as you drink nonsweet drinks before evening time (so you can sleep at night) in moderately light qualities on an empty stomach (speeds up coming up and going down) not on a regular occasion, I find alcohol superior.

And smoking burns your throat.
The problem is that some people prefer to live inside a chemical haze, rather than dealing with real life, and they'll do it for very long stretches of time... years, decades, etc. They get straight and sober at some point, and find out that they've been staying stuck in their teenage lifestyle, while the rest of the world has passed them by. Like Rip van Winkle syndrome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:45 AM
 
12,879 posts, read 15,357,571 times
Reputation: 14824
Rediculous that I can have a fentanyl patch on as well as ingest 300 ml of tramadol and 4mgs of hydromorphone daily, and there's no questions asked...I can drive all day if I want...... But lord help me if I smoke some marijuana.
Most people are on some kind of doctor prescribed drug...look at the side effects of these chemical synthetic pharmacy drugs, then tell me they're not more damaging than a natural, wonderful herb that not only has been proven to have huge anti inflammatory properties, but also causes cancerous cells to kill themselves off while leaving healthy cells untouched. ....
So yes OP, marijuana REALLY IS harmless....and if you're worried about your lungs, there's other ways to imbibe.....eatings good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2015, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Denver
3,182 posts, read 2,621,551 times
Reputation: 2206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
The problem is that some people prefer to live inside a chemical haze, rather than dealing with real life, and they'll do it for very long stretches of time... years, decades, etc. They get straight and sober at some point, and find out that they've been staying stuck in their teenage lifestyle, while the rest of the world has passed them by. Like Rip van Winkle syndrome.
And that is what spurns me to think that for most addicts, there is something dreadfully wrong, something where they decidedly don't want to be sober. Maybe they just like it a lot, but I don't see how someone could function not reverting back to a normal state at some point in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
Rediculous that I can have a fentanyl patch on as well as ingest 300 ml of tramadol and 4mgs of hydromorphone daily, and there's no questions asked...I can drive all day if I want...... But lord help me if I smoke some marijuana.
Most people are on some kind of doctor prescribed drug...look at the side effects of these chemical synthetic pharmacy drugs, then tell me they're not more damaging than a natural, wonderful herb that not only has been proven to have huge anti inflammatory properties, but also causes cancerous cells to kill themselves off while leaving healthy cells untouched. ....
So yes OP, marijuana REALLY IS harmless....and if you're worried about your lungs, there's other ways to imbibe.....eatings good.
I think some of the reasons for this is that opiates do have a obvious and to a large extent unsubstituatable medical use, at least for short term pain management. Also people can function pretty much normally while on opiates while you are always somewhat off with pot. Because of this, I think these drugs are so available. You need them medically and the users and even the addicts function normally. It's harder to make that argument with pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 AM
 
2,079 posts, read 2,593,195 times
Reputation: 3947
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Exactly. Great description!

I just smoked this Sat and I'm STILL hazy now. It feels like I'm mentally exhausted and I'm just slow mentally and have a hard time quickly recalling what I just did. Math is especially more difficult and slower than it should be and normally is. And this is 2 days afterwards, with adequate 8 hours of rest each night afterwards.

I find the hangover lasts soooo long, even if it isn't that intense. I'm done with MJ for a while cause I hate this lethargic, slow, tired feeling. I've never really had a alcohol hangover because I've never drunk a ton at once and I've always been hydrated. I have been really tired though because I haven't been able to sleep after being drunk though. As long as you drink nonsweet drinks before evening time (so you can sleep at night) in moderately light qualities on an empty stomach (speeds up coming up and going down) not on a regular occasion, I find alcohol superior.

And smoking burns your throat.
find some better weed or smoke less. maybe you're smoking catnip or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM
 
Location: Denver
3,182 posts, read 2,621,551 times
Reputation: 2206
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAcKhOuSe View Post
find some better weed or smoke less. maybe you're smoking catnip or something.
I think it's just inherent in the drug. It's happened to me every time, and that's coming from multiple different sources. It's not a quality issue as a lot of it has either been edibles or medical type stuff I've smoked with other people at a party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2015, 04:50 PM
 
1,164 posts, read 1,584,284 times
Reputation: 1160
Putting smoke, ANY kind of smoke into your lungs is un-healthful and totally detrimental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2015, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Just outside of Portland
4,579 posts, read 5,821,773 times
Reputation: 4616
As has been noted several times before in this thread, there are plenty of other ways besides smoking it.
Or, maybe you just don't remember for some reason.


I do notice that in this thread, there are a lot of second hand and anecdotal stories, old wives tales, suppositions, and let's just say that it's glaringly obvious that a lot of people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry, I had to say that after reading 367 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2015, 05:04 PM
 
Location: Self explanatory
11,475 posts, read 4,857,998 times
Reputation: 15506
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
As has been noted several times before in this thread, there are plenty of other ways besides smoking it.
Or, maybe you just don't remember for some reason.


I do notice that in this thread, there are a lot of second hand and anecdotal stories, old wives tales, suppositions, and let's just say that it's glaringly obvious that a lot of people have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

Sorry, I had to say that after reading 367 posts.

You got that right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,137 posts, read 2,288,439 times
Reputation: 4276
[quote=Annuvin;41206356]In my youth, I had my share of experiences with it. From my own unbiased viewpoint, I don't think it's moderate use causes any lasting damage or long term negative side effects. However, every "wake 'n' bake" stoner I ever knew grew increasingly antisocial, suffered from paranoia and heightened anxiety, and did not possess even an ounce of ambition whatsoever. They also tended to think in terms of 'stoner logic' rather than reality which made them appear to have a much lower IQ than the average (aka the classic "burnout"). They also turned into some of the most boring and annoying people in my then circle of friends. Once I grew out of smoking up, I quickly found I had next to nothing in common with them and lost touch with them over time.


Yep. I know some people like these. Like most stoners or long time users, dont know they have these symptoms. We can see it. You just think you're fooling everyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:15 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top