Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 09:53 AM

1,431 posts, read 912,837 times

Advertisements

It took me a while to understand people in the LGBT crowd. I'll never fully understand to be honest, but I have accepted their stances and took the "live and let live" approach. Now I know a few and I'm actually friends with them.

After reading this article below though, when is enough...enough? I mean, I got it. Transgenders are people too. But what is this transage stuff? Transrace? Transspecies? Transabled? It seems like the door is opening wider and wider to "normalize" everything, to the point where nothing is off limits.

Clearly, We Need More Shame And Judgment In Our Society | TheBlaze.com

Thoughts? Caveat: I'm not advocating to push religion on everyone. Just concerned with how far this "trans everything until it's normal" trend is gonna go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 05:16 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,946,656 times
I have the exact same thought here, I live and let live and others can do what they please. What I don't understand is how Transgenders, or Trans whatever, think they are being discriminated against, or they feel they need to fight for "Trans Rights." Youre either a man or woman, gay marriage and straight marriage are both legal, you can't discriminate against same sex couples, youre either a same sex couple or not...what rights are they fighting for and how are they discriminated against?

Old 12-14-2015, 05:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,808,806 times
Oh my goodness. I couldn't even read that whole thing, it's too insane. First thing I want to clear up is that homosexuals are NOT more likely to be pedophiles. That is an outrageous lie. Pedophiles are neither homosexual nor heterosexual as their sexual attraction is to children. Sometimes they prefer boys or girls, sometimes it's either, but it has nothing to do with being gay.

I think whoever wrote this is one of those few extra crazies who is trying to fear monger people into believing that the "degenerates" of society are trying to take over, when really the LGBT community just wants equal treatment and to avoid discrimination (and I've never heard of anyone championing incest, seriously).

Transgender is when a person's brain chemistry is a different gender than the sex of their physical body. It's a proven disorder; a mix up of x/y chromosomes I believe. They just want to live their lives as normally as possible, like being able to use a proper public bathroom without being discriminated against or not worry about getting fired just because of who they are and possibly have their medical needs (surgeries, psychiatric care) covered by insurance. I don't think these things are too much to ask for.

These other disorders (transage/species) I honestly don't know much about, but the number of people who do this/have this has to be so miniscule, that I don't think we need to even worry about it. As long as they aren't hurting themselves or anyone else, really who cares (some of the people in this article were hurting themselves, but that is what psychiatric care if for)? I would think things like that stem from some sort of trauma rather than biological from birth. Like transage; maybe something traumatic happened to him as a child so he wants to go back to an age before that painful event as a way to avoid dealing with it. Who knows? But I don't think it's anything the general public needs to worry about.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:02 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Oh my goodness. I couldn't even read that whole thing, it's too insane. First thing I want to clear up is that homosexuals are NOT more likely to be pedophiles. That is an outrageous lie. Pedophiles are neither homosexual nor heterosexual as their sexual attraction is to children. Sometimes they prefer boys or girls, sometimes it's either, but it has nothing to do with being gay.
Yup, sensationalism from the "chastity, temperance and humility" crowd.

(I actually did make it to the bottom. )

And no, I don't believe that the wider acceptance of someone being transgender is going to bring about the great "deviant apocalypse" that this (ahem) author seems to be so worried about.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:17 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
Not picking a fight or anything but when a pedophile man prefers little boys, it is still noted as homosexual pedophilia attraction. Homosexual is a technical term.
Quote:
Transgender is when a person's brain chemistry is a different gender than the sex of their physical body. It's a proven disorder; a mix up of x/y chromosomes I believe.
Do you have any links to this "brain chemistry" idea? You say it's proven.

Old 12-14-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:

I think whoever wrote this is one of those few extra crazies who is trying to fear monger people into believing that the "degenerates" of society are trying to take over, when really the LGBT community just wants equal treatment and to avoid discrimination (and I've never heard of anyone championing incest, seriously).

Transgender is when a person's brain chemistry is a different gender than the sex of their physical body. It's a proven disorder; a mix up of x/y chromosomes I believe. They just want to live their lives as normally as possible, like being able to use a proper public bathroom without being discriminated against or not worry about getting fired just because of who they are and possibly have their medical needs (surgeries, psychiatric care) covered by insurance. I don't think these things are too much to ask for.

These other disorders (transage/species) I honestly don't know much about, but the number of people who do this/have this has to be so miniscule, that I don't think we need to even worry about it. As long as they aren't hurting themselves or anyone else, really who cares (some of the people in this article were hurting themselves, but that is what psychiatric care if for)? I would think things like that stem from some sort of trauma rather than biological from birth. Like transage; maybe something traumatic happened to him as a child so he wants to go back to an age before that painful event as a way to avoid dealing with it. Who knows? But I don't think it's anything the general public needs to worry about.
Okay, here is one thing that while I do not mean to be insensitive I am just honestly not knowledgeable on here when it comes to transgender.

When it comes to the issue with which public restroom they should use, etc., because physically (unless they have gone through surgery) they are still their "assigned gender," should they not continue to use that restroom? I guess my confusion comes in as to where at some point, your physical make up has to determine things and the issue with the restroom is that they are built to serve the physical needs of each gender and regardless of if the person is transgender or not, they are physically what they were born as right or am I missing something?

Old 12-14-2015, 06:22 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,299,761 times
Trans will become the new gay. I believe it will take years or maybe decades to become broadly accepted. I see growth in the trans population, especially where female to male is concerned.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Not picking a fight or anything but when a pedophile man prefers little boys, it is still noted as homosexual pedophilia attraction. Homosexual is a technical term.
I personally have never come across a different notation for homo or hetero pedophilia, just pedophilia. Men who prey on little boys will often have adult relations with women, so I'm not sure why the sex of the child matters, just that they are children. Anyway, if it is noted, okay, but I just want to make the point that gay people aren't more likely to be pedophiles, cause it's just not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Do you have any links to this "brain chemistry" idea? You say it's proven.
This is very long, but the main point is that the sex organs develop first and the brain later. If the wrong hormones are sent to the fetus' brain, it could cause a gender mismatch. It also points out that attempts to change of baby's gender have failed, because gender is innate, not learned.

The Transgender Brain | Transas City

Summary of a paper about transgender brains.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0213112317.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Okay, here is one thing that while I do not mean to be insensitive I am just honestly not knowledgeable on here when it comes to transgender.

When it comes to the issue with which public restroom they should use, etc., because physically (unless they have gone through surgery) they are still their "assigned gender," should they not continue to use that restroom? I guess my confusion comes in as to where at some point, your physical make up has to determine things and the issue with the restroom is that they are built to serve the physical needs of each gender and regardless of if the person is transgender or not, they are physically what they were born as right or am I missing something?
A person can trans into the opposite sex and completely look, feel, behave like the sex they are living as while still have the genitals they were born with. The surgery is very expensive and some will never be able to afford it, but they still want to look like who they feel they are and using the bathroom assigned to their crotch is very uncomfortable for them because in their mind they are the opposite. I assume you are male, so try to imagine having to use the women's restroom. How would feel walking in there? Would be comfortable going about your business in there? Would you feel like you belong in there?

I think this meme says it all:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/93edbe7e9...0q1be_1280.jpg

She has a penis, but does that really mean she belongs in the men's room? I don't think so.

Old 12-14-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I personally have never come across a different notation for homo or hetero pedophilia, just pedophilia. Men who prey on little boys will often have adult relations with women, so I'm not sure why the sex of the child matters, just that they are children. Anyway, if it is noted, okay, but I just want to make the point that gay people aren't more likely to be pedophiles, cause it's just not true.

This is very long, but the main point is that the sex organs develop first and the brain later. If the wrong hormones are sent to the fetus' brain, it could cause a gender mismatch. It also points out that attempts to change of baby's gender have failed, because gender is innate, not learned.

The Transgender Brain | Transas City

Summary of a paper about transgender brains.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0213112317.htm

A person can trans into the opposite sex and completely look, feel, behave like the sex they are living as while still have the genitals they were born with. The surgery is very expensive and some will never be able to afford it, but they still want to look like who they feel they are and using the bathroom assigned to their crotch is very uncomfortable for them because in their mind they are the opposite. I assume you are male, so try to imagine having to use the women's restroom. How would feel walking in there? Would be comfortable going about your business in there? Would you feel like you belong in there?

I think this meme says it all:

http://36.media.tumblr.com/93edbe7e9...0q1be_1280.jpg

She has a penis, but does that really mean she belongs in the men's room? I don't think so.
Thanks for sharing the info here. Honestly the science behind this is pretty fascinating. Does a transgender get officially diagnosed like someone with ADHD or someone with down syndrome? Or is it not yet something they diagnose?

Old 12-14-2015, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaClemsonFan11 View Post
Thanks for sharing the info here. Honestly the science behind this is pretty fascinating. Does a transgender get officially diagnosed like someone with ADHD or someone with down syndrome? Or is it not yet something they diagnose?
I think so, because you have to have doctor's approval to start hormone therapy and you have to go through lots of counseling to get approved for gender reassignment surgery. I remember watching a documentary several years ago about it. Many people actually go to Taiwan (maybe Thailand, having trouble remembering) for the surgery, because it's much cheaper with few hoops to jump through. Many countries even recognize a third gender for transgender people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates