Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2016, 02:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I think that maybe you read that on the Onion and didn't realize it was a parody site because that simply does not make sense.

Even still the U.S caves & gives in to people from other countries while they tend to ignore those of us who were born here. There as often been talk here on racial profiling at the airports. But because the U.S doesn't want to offend anyone we don't do it. Yet Israel does it & no one crashed their planes.

It's a bit much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2016, 02:54 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,231,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Even still the U.S caves & gives in to people from other countries while they tend to ignore those of us who were born here. There as often been talk here on racial profiling at the airports. But because the U.S doesn't want to offend anyone we don't do it. Yet Israel does it & no one crashed their planes. It's a bit much.
So the discussion has now morphed into one about race?

Old 04-13-2016, 02:59 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,522,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
So the discussion has now morphed into one about race?

Just an example nothing more don't read too much into it.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:28 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,032,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Science doesn't agree with your beliefs. What's going on in the brain has far more to do with who you are, and transgender folks have been shown to have the brain structures of the opposite gender. This is not a choice.
Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain? - Scientific American

And this is politically correct utter nonsense. Scientists are no longer even looking for truth or reality, but instead are intellectually defecating what makes people feel better about their character defects. So no, scientists are not to be trusted or believed anymore, the entire field is corrupt and debauched. I really don't care what they say, because they gave us such nonsense as AGW and alcoholism as a disease, and drugging half the kids in the country with phony fake fraud diagnoses such as ADD and ADHD. Science checked out and died as a serious discipline when it defaulted on its foundation: philosophy. Now it's the same nonsense that we get from the politicians, and comes from the same motivation. In another words, scientists are now publish-or-perish grant collecting welfare whoring BS artists, not discoverers or innovators as they used to be.

So no, judgment for reality: if you are born with a penis and 2 testicles, you are a MALE, by definition and metaphysical imperative. Any contrary feelings on the matter are quite completely irrelevant, no matter how many irrational scientists are willing to collect science welfare to say what wants to be heard instead of what is true.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:29 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
Question. How could you, or anyone attempting to for any reason, prove one way or the other what sex I identify with ? If I was in the women's rest room, and told you I identified as being a woman, could you ever prove otherwise ? If so, how would you go about it ?
I wouldn't go about it. It makes no difference to me.

Jasper, if you identify as a woman, it is fine by me if you mosey on into the stall next to mine in the women's room. If you whip out a camera, I'll scream bloody murder, call the cops, and maybe even wallop you with my handbag.

I have peed next to men, who identified as men and who were dressed as men in Prudhoe Bay as well as Paris without any problems whatsoever.

Why the RW is so concerned about people's bathroom and sexual habits is a mystery to me. Is this a religious thing?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-13-2016 at 04:21 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
So no, judgment for reality: if you are born with a penis and 2 testicles, you are a MALE, by definition and metaphysical imperative. Any contrary feelings on the matter are quite completely irrelevant, no matter how many irrational scientists are willing to collect science welfare to say what wants to be heard instead of what is true.
And do you believe the global warming the scientists are warning us about is all just stuff and nonsense as well?

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-13-2016 at 03:53 PM..

Old 04-13-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Much of this is governed by building code and cost. The reason why Dunkin Donuts has two restrooms with a toilet and a sink is because that's all the fixtures that are required. Code does specify separate facilities for men and for women and the number of those, based on the occupancy type. Business is one place in the table, restaurants another, sporting events another, etc. A larger company will need more fixtures due to more people. If they are required to have 8 toilets for women, they would typically need only like 4 sinks. Similar for men. The grouping of the fixtures saves space as things like handicap turning circles can overlap and not all the toilet stalls need to be handicap accessible. Of course a urinal takes up even less space in the men's room. They could choose to have 18 (8women, 7 men) separate rooms for each, but then each room would need to be handicap accessible and each would need a sink. Add all those together and much more space is needed and it's certainly not something that can easily be changed after the fact. Obviously a new build it is easier or you could do one generic restroom and keep more typical multi fixture rooms also, but either way means more space taken up, which costs money.

I'll pay more for private bathrooms. In fact, they can charge me per visit if they give me a clean and private facility where I don't have to look at anyone of either sex while taking care of business and cleaning up and drying. Drug addicts, drag queens, drunks or other drivel. I prefer to see, smell, hear, and stand next to none of it. I'll pay. $10 even.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
And do you believe the global warming the scientists are warming us about is all just stuff and nonsense as well?
Yes, absolutely, it's publish-or-perish, and ARMAGEDDONISM sells and allows the grants to flow. While science is, or perhaps was, an honorable profession, the scientists who practice it can no longer be trusted. That means, we have to vet every damned thing and make our own judgments. Science is no longer metaphysical science, it is POLITICAL SCIENCE, and we all know what to do with politicians: watch them like hawks, never trust them and verify EVERYTHING that comes out of their lying, stealing, twisted pie holes. Scientists are regrettably part of that group now. And that includes physicists, medical doctors, psychologists, chemists, and certainly and above all meteorologists. They are all defective, and they are not to be trusted. It's more work for all of us, but that's the way it is. Reading and trusting? NOT ADVISABLE ANYMORE. If it ever was.

Old 04-13-2016, 03:43 PM

17,296 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
And this is politically correct utter nonsense. Scientists are no longer even looking for truth or reality, but instead are intellectually defecating what makes people feel better about their character defects. So no, scientists are not to be trusted or believed anymore, the entire field is corrupt and debauched. I really don't care what they say, because they gave us such nonsense as AGW and alcoholism as a disease, and drugging half the kids in the country with phony fake fraud diagnoses such as ADD and ADHD. Science checked out and died as a serious discipline when it defaulted on its foundation: philosophy. Now it's the same nonsense that we get from the politicians, and comes from the same motivation. In another words, scientists are now publish-or-perish grant collecting welfare whoring BS artists, not discoverers or innovators as they used to be.

Let me guess the earth is also just 6,000 years old and vaccines cause autism right?

Old 04-13-2016, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
. There as often been talk here on racial profiling at the airports. But because the U.S doesn't want to offend anyone we don't do it. Yet Israel does it & no one crashed their planes.
Have you ever flown El Al?

In addition to checking flight manifests for how tickets were paid for etc., and high tech scanning of luggages, El Al prevents terrorism by making sure every passenger is interviewed by a well-trained agent before check-in with examiners looking for mannerisms and factual discrepancies

Prior to boarding, all passengers get a chance to explain where they are going, what their business is, where they are staying, etc. ... to steely-eyed individuals, often carrying guns.

Makes no difference what you look like, because, as luck would have it, there are people who look exactly like Israelis, who can slap on a yarmulke and mutter in Hebrew, but nonetheless would blow the plane up in heartbeat.

If the examiners sense something is off, you get pulled aside for further questioning. I understand that Palestinians and other Arabs are almost always asked to step aside for more-thorough questioning and searches. However, it is based on the examiners' take on the interview as well as information gleaned from the manifest. It isn't as if they can spot a terrorist by the color of his/her skin or the shape of the eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates