Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 06:03 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,444,567 times

Advertisements

This is what's missing in the USA: Criminal prosecution of irresponsible dog owners. The UK is definitely on the right track.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brave New World ......You can now receive 14 years in prison for a fatal dog attack, can receive five years in prison for an attack which leads to serious injury and can receive three years in prison if your dog attacks a guide dog for the blind or other assistance dog supporting individuals with a recognised disability or medical condition.

Old 06-28-2016, 09:20 AM

8,726 posts, read 7,356,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I am understanding and not disagree with this pitbull thing, except for;

- the media and government often classifies almost every dog attack as a "pitbull" regardless if it is a pitbull or not, and "pitbull mix" gets sued but the other "mix" never gets a label; so you will not hear "a lab mix attacked someone", you just will hear the "pitbull mix". No DNA testing or anything is conducted, just by a god awful phenotype evaluation and that is it.
As I was saying above: Family dogs kill 3-day-old girl in California

"The dogs - both thought to be a pit bull mix known as a Shar-Pei..."

A Shar-Pei is now considered a pitbull mix?

As I stated, the media and government loves to classify as many dogs as possible as a pitbull, or more commonly, pitbull mix. They do not need proof, evidence, nothing, if it even has a 1% resemblance to one, they will classify as such.

Old 07-01-2016, 03:07 PM

273 posts, read 1,059,319 times
yet here we have another cute lil' pitbull who dutifully mauls a child. how lovely of this breed:

Toddler, 19 months, who was mauled by a pit bull in Kentucky receives 12 stitches on his face and multiple staples in his head* | Daily Mail Online

Old 07-02-2016, 12:01 AM

273 posts, read 1,059,319 times
whaddaya know? it happened again today in queens

3-year-old girl bit in face by pit bull outside Queens Center Mall in Elmhurst | abc7ny.com

Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 PM

56 posts, read 46,593 times
A dog is an animal. Any animal can sometimes bite and attack unexpectedly with tragic results including domestic ones. We expect so much of our dogs & put them in in such unnatural situations, really. We don't watch the body language of the dog, we don't understand it. We don't believe our own pet has it's stress limits! We don't remove our dogs from certain situations that would really keep everyone safer. We think it's going to be okay when it's not. I am surprised more people don't die from dog attacks, to be honest.

By the way, I LOVE dogs with a passion. I owned a pit bull mix. She was amazing, but she was not a perfect angel. To keep her, I had to use constant diligence, get a reality check, read loads of books, hire a behaviorist, and manage her behavior. She was a rescue, though, not a well-bred specimen. Everyone's dog is different

Last edited by Marshmallow Skies; 07-05-2016 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-18-2017, 09:37 AM

5,339 posts, read 14,078,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I like the look of pitbulls but not the look or actions of many of their owners. I think the jerk thug wanna bees get a tough dog to make themselves look tough.
I remember driving through a rough area of a city and I saw some "dude" walking his pitbull and it was wearing a ridiculously heavy chain a round its neck that weighed down its head. The chain look liked something from the deck of the Titanic.
Another idiot had his pitbulls out for a walk and they were tied to and dragging a tire.
I guess they were trying to make their dogs stronger for fighting.

Any dog can be a killer but and pitbulls are more naturally inclined for violence but it is the attitude of their deusche bag owners that make them more dangerous.
ANY dog can be a killer?? How can you possibly believe that?

Old 01-18-2017, 09:38 AM

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boy-6-kil....html#comments

there is no doubt that pit bulls should be banned from the US. can't you pit bull supporters (aka nut-jobs) take to another less deadly breed??

Old 01-18-2017, 09:45 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,863,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
ANY dog can be a killer?? How can you possibly believe that?
Any human can too. We're all animals. I'm no pit bull fan, but I don't believe in breed bans. I believe in irresponsible owner bans.

Old 01-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Any human can too. We're all animals. I'm no pit bull fan, but I don't believe in breed bans. I believe in irresponsible owner bans.
Should people be able to have lions as pets too??

Old 01-18-2017, 12:45 PM

18,439 posts, read 18,563,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheGuy View Post
Should people be able to have lions as pets too??
you hit it right on the head... well said. Their illegal in the UK not the lions ...

Pit Bull Terriers /Pit Bull type dogs. Pit Bull types may include the following dog breeds: ...
Japanese Tosa. The Japanese Tosa can weigh anywhere from 80-200lbs. ...
Dogo Argentino. ...
Fila Braziliero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates