Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2016, 11:00 AM

72,979 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mysterious Benefactor View Post
No White Nationalist I have ever seen or heard about is interested in subjugating anyone. They simply wish to live in an all-white nation.Of course blacks played a role. As in my earlier example, a mule plays a role in plowing a field. Does that negate the fact that a man plowed that field? Of course not. Frank Lloyd Wright may have never touched a hammer. Does he not get credit for the Guggenheim Museum? White people conceived this country and built it, there's no two ways around that. We all know this.No it isn't. I come from the land of my people, the land that Europeans conquered and have proven capable of defending. The US is an extension of Europe, not Africa. Your people have done nothing noteworthy(beyond farm work) toward this country's creation or it's resilience and have no claim to it.Are you not aware of the burden blacks have placed upon our social entitlement programs? SS, AFDC, Medicaid, HUD, etc, etc. Billions of dollars. Yes, billions. We could've populated Mars by now, but we've spent our money over the last 50 years supporting Black America instead. And most of it in vain, I might add. Any idea how much this has contributed to our national debt? Do you not realize that, without minorities, we could eliminate literally 75% of law enforcement resources in a large number of our major cities?
The first official white nationalist group, the KKK. What was their rhetoric? Restoring the "racial hierarchy" and later on, getting rid of certain people. Subjugation was a tactic of getting rid of people. This rhetoric has simply been re-packaged and re-worded over and over.

Well, if you want to talk about Whites coming up with and building this nation, well, consider this. The founding fathers(not to mention most the founding Whites who contributed to this nation's independence) were of English stock. Most Whites in this country are not of English stock. Alot of Whites in this country are of German, Irish, Italian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, etc.

Something about those "white nationalists". They like to brag about how they built this country, while ignoring contributions that Blacks, Asians, and other groups have made to this country. Last I checked, the founding fathers owned slaves. If Blacks are so unwanted, they shouldn't have been brought here. The fact is, we are here now and most Blacks are(and have been) willing to make it work out in this country, to be Americans. Blacks were even willing to fight for this country when this country really had no intention to treat them like Americans.

Based on some of your logic, one say that the Black nationalist groups formed out of seeing that no matter how much they tried, they would be treated like second-class citizens. Maybe it came from seeing incidents like the Rosewood Massacre, Atlanta race riot of 1906, the Tulsa riot of 1921. At least that it how it started in the 50s and 60s. Now, when the violent rhetoric started coming in,that scared some potential members out. I don't see most Blacks trying to get involved with Black separatism. Most just want to be Americans.

Something else I notice. I found that alot of White nationalists like to bgrag about the great past. I notice those are the same persons who look like they've done very little with their lives. Okay, your ancestors did this and that. What have YOU done TODAY? I notice alot of these white supremacy group members look like they don't do much with their lives. I don't see many college-educated Whites joining up with these groups. Even if some people do have some racial prejudice, I don't see much in the way of the college educated joining up. Apart from David Duke and the late Richard Butler, I'm seeing many the losers, dropouts, and crazy types joining. Same goes for the Black separatist groups. I see mostly those who are losers joining those groups. Same goes with gangs of all ethnicities.

Prove that we have spent most of this nation's money on supporting Blacks. Come up with some actual numbers. Show me. Last I checked, the military is the single largest part of the national budget, by far, eclipsing all of our other expenditures combined.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/b...-101/spending/

All of those programs like HUD, AFCD, Medicaid, food stamps, they make up a small part of the country's budget. And for crying out loud, anyone can qualify for those programs. Those programs aren't exclusive to Blacks, and few people complained about them until Blacks started participating in them.

By the way, population Mars is a pipe dream. No human being could adequately live there. And it would not do much good for any country to try that.

And something else. Alot of "minority" areas you speak of, many of them are not as well policed as other areas. I've been to heavily impoverished Black areas as opposed to wealthier, predominantly Black areas. Half of the time I never see the police. I work in a crime-ridden part of town. Alot of prostition, thugs, and the like. I seldom ever see the police unless the police are riding through. I see alot more police in wealthier, predominantly White areas.

Old 08-15-2016, 07:06 AM

1,562 posts, read 1,491,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The first official white nationalist group, the KKK. What was their rhetoric? Restoring the "racial hierarchy" and later on, getting rid of certain people. Subjugation was a tactic of getting rid of people. This rhetoric has simply been re-packaged and re-worded over and over.

Well, if you want to talk about Whites coming up with and building this nation, well, consider this. The founding fathers(not to mention most the founding Whites who contributed to this nation's independence) were of English stock. Most Whites in this country are not of English stock. Alot of Whites in this country are of German, Irish, Italian, Polish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, etc.

Something about those "white nationalists". They like to brag about how they built this country, while ignoring contributions that Blacks, Asians, and other groups have made to this country. Last I checked, the founding fathers owned slaves. If Blacks are so unwanted, they shouldn't have been brought here. The fact is, we are here now and most Blacks are(and have been) willing to make it work out in this country, to be Americans. Blacks were even willing to fight for this country when this country really had no intention to treat them like Americans.

Based on some of your logic, one say that the Black nationalist groups formed out of seeing that no matter how much they tried, they would be treated like second-class citizens. Maybe it came from seeing incidents like the Rosewood Massacre, Atlanta race riot of 1906, the Tulsa riot of 1921. At least that it how it started in the 50s and 60s. Now, when the violent rhetoric started coming in,that scared some potential members out. I don't see most Blacks trying to get involved with Black separatism. Most just want to be Americans.

Something else I notice. I found that alot of White nationalists like to bgrag about the great past. I notice those are the same persons who look like they've done very little with their lives. Okay, your ancestors did this and that. What have YOU done TODAY? I notice alot of these white supremacy group members look like they don't do much with their lives. I don't see many college-educated Whites joining up with these groups. Even if some people do have some racial prejudice, I don't see much in the way of the college educated joining up. Apart from David Duke and the late Richard Butler, I'm seeing many the losers, dropouts, and crazy types joining. Same goes for the Black separatist groups. I see mostly those who are losers joining those groups. Same goes with gangs of all ethnicities.

Prove that we have spent most of this nation's money on supporting Blacks. Come up with some actual numbers. Show me. Last I checked, the military is the single largest part of the national budget, by far, eclipsing all of our other expenditures combined.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org/b...-101/spending/

All of those programs like HUD, AFCD, Medicaid, food stamps, they make up a small part of the country's budget. And for crying out loud, anyone can qualify for those programs. Those programs aren't exclusive to Blacks, and few people complained about them until Blacks started participating in them.

By the way, population Mars is a pipe dream. No human being could adequately live there. And it would not do much good for any country to try that.

And something else. Alot of "minority" areas you speak of, many of them are not as well policed as other areas. I've been to heavily impoverished Black areas as opposed to wealthier, predominantly Black areas. Half of the time I never see the police. I work in a crime-ridden part of town. Alot of prostition, thugs, and the like. I seldom ever see the police unless the police are riding through. I see alot more police in wealthier, predominantly White areas.
Look, this conversation obviously isn't going anywhere. Your post reveals a total detachment from reality. Did you even bother to read the link you posted? It shows how much of our budget is consumed by social programs. Blacks account for a grossly disproportionate amount of that. If you look further, you'll see that 50% of blacks are paying no income tax at all. Of those that are, a healthy percentage are working government jobs. This makes them tax consumers, not contributors. And what are we getting in return? Our communities overridden with violent crime, failing schools, BLM terrorism, etc. The most elementary cost/benefit analysis will illustrate the wisdom of separation for whites.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Look, this conversation obviously isn't going anywhere. Your post reveals a total detachment from reality. Did you even bother to read the link you posted? It shows how much of our budget is consumed by social programs. Blacks account for a grossly disproportionate amount of that. If you look further, you'll see that 50% of blacks are paying no income tax at all. Of those that are, a healthy percentage are working government jobs. This makes them tax consumers, not contributors. And what are we getting in return? Our communities overridden with violent crime, failing schools, BLM terrorism, etc. The most elementary cost/benefit analysis will illustrate the wisdom of separation for whites.
I read the budget. Most is consumed by the military. The pie graph shows that.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I read the budget. Most is consumed by the military. The pie graph shows that.
Well, I'm not sure what to tell you, friend. I can't read it for you. And actually, it hardly requires the ability to read at all. The last pie chart, from the link YOU provided, shows that military spending accounts for less than 16% of total federal spending. I don't know how it could be any clearer.

And this idea you're putting forth that most blacks "just want to be American" is obviously not true. Blacks are fully capable of enunciating English just like Americans, but most make a conscious decision not to do so. How many blacks refuse to celebrate the 4th of July? Or Thanksgiving? This is anti-American and demonstrates a deliberate attempt to resist assimilation. Blacks are happy to live in America, sure, and take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer(and that whites pay for); the entitlement programs, social capital, the rule of law, written language, etc. In short, all of the things no black society has ever been able to create or maintain. But as far as the desire to assimilate culturally into our society, it's not there.

Old 08-15-2016, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure what to tell you, friend. I can't read it for you. And actually, it hardly requires the ability to read at all. The last pie chart, from the link YOU provided, shows that military spending accounts for less than 16% of total federal spending. I don't know how it could be any clearer.

And this idea you're putting forth that most blacks "just want to be American" is obviously not true. Blacks are fully capable of enunciating English just like Americans, but most make a conscious decision not to do so. How many blacks refuse to celebrate the 4th of July? Or Thanksgiving? This is anti-American and demonstrates a deliberate attempt to resist assimilation. Blacks are happy to live in America, sure, and take advantage of all the benefits it has to offer(and that whites pay for); the entitlement programs, social capital, the rule of law, written language, etc. In short, all of the things no black society has ever been able to create or maintain. But as far as the desire to assimilate culturally into our society, it's not there.
You could say the same about alot of Southern Whites who don't annunciate, and some working New Englanders who don't annunciate. And alot of Blacks use AAVE around each other, and then speaking proper English around Whites. People will assimilate depending on who they are around.

And do you even know how many Blacks refuse to celebrate the 4th of July and Thanksgiving? If you don't know for a fact, than all I can say is that you're pulling crap from your posterior and your words will never be trusted. I can tell what I know. I have never met a Black American who doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving or the 4th of July. And I live in the South, where the majority of Blacks live.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 PM

Quote:
You could say the same about alot of Southern Whites who don't annunciate, and some working New Englanders who don't annunciate. And alot of Blacks use AAVE around each other, and then speaking proper English around Whites. People will assimilate depending on who they are around.
The word is "enunciate", and it's quite different from "accent", which, as you seemed to have noticed, naturally varies among those from different parts of this vast country. It's also different from "dialect", which is the most accurate way to describe the commonality of black American English. It's not easily distinguishable from region or class, but clearly identifiable by race. Again, it's a conscious decision by blacks to speak differently from whites.
Quote:
And do you even know how many Blacks refuse to celebrate the 4th of July and Thanksgiving? If you don't know for a fact, than all I can say is that you're pulling crap from your posterior and your words will never be trusted. I can tell what I know. I have never met a Black American who doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving or the 4th of July. And I live in the South, where the majority of Blacks live.
I don't know who you are, where you live, or the people you've met. Nor(frankly) do I care. I do know that there is a notable percentage of blacks who do not celebrate these uniquely American holidays, among others. What exactly is the point of Kwanzaa or Juneteenth? They're clearly designed to be antithetical to traditional American holidays. Again, a deliberate attempt to resist assimilation.

And BTW, you didn't mention it; did you get another look at that pie chart?

Old 08-20-2016, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The word is "enunciate", and it's quite different from "accent", which, as you seemed to have noticed, naturally varies among those from different parts of this vast country. It's also different from "dialect", which is the most accurate way to describe the commonality of black American English. It's not easily distinguishable from region or class, but clearly identifiable by race. Again, it's a conscious decision by blacks to speak differently from whites.
Whatever. Blacks also have difference accents depending on what part of the country they live in. The so-called Black dialect is really a derivative of southern English, so if Blacks are speaking that dialect, think about who they got it from. And southern English is a dialect in itself, but then again, I know this because I've learned this in school.

And explain the way Cajuns speak. The way people from urban New Jersey speak. This is completely stupid to argue this with you.

Quote:
I don't know who you are, where you live, or the people you've met. Nor(frankly) do I care. I do know that there is a notable percentage of blacks who do not celebrate these uniquely American holidays, among others. What exactly is the point of Kwanzaa or Juneteenth? They're clearly designed to be antithetical to traditional American holidays. Again, a deliberate attempt to resist assimilation.

And BTW, you didn't mention it; did you get another look at that pie chart?
Of course you do not care. The only thing that matters to you is that I'm Black. And that shows a very one-dimensional and irrational thinking on your part. Prove to me that the alot of Blacks don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

And how many Blacks in this country even celebrate Kwanzaa? And why do you care?

And I've made another look at that pie chart. The spending that Congress decides on, the military is the largest part. And if you were to consider the social programs we spend on, most of it is in relation to people who actually work. Money spent for labor, for people who want to work. Unemployment benefits for those who get laid off. Social security, which is something the retired and incapacitated use. Military is still a very large part of the budget. We're not going into debt because of food stamps and welfare.

Old 08-21-2016, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Whatever. Blacks also have difference accents depending on what part of the country they live in. The so-called Black dialect is really a derivative of southern English, so if Blacks are speaking that dialect, think about who they got it from. And southern English is a dialect in itself, but then again, I know this because I've learned this in school.

And explain the way Cajuns speak. The way people from urban New Jersey speak. This is completely stupid to argue this with you.
Well, I don't care to argue, honestly; I would rather discuss. Blacks, generally speaking, whatever region they hail from, have a unique diction; that's just a fact. Do you honestly think they're incapable of speaking like Americans? I don't. Again, it is a conscious decision to speak differently from white people and resist assimilation.
Quote:
Of course you do not care. The only thing that matters to you is that I'm Black. And that shows a very one-dimensional and irrational thinking on your part. Prove to me that the alot of Blacks don't celebrate Thanksgiving.

And how many Blacks in this country even celebrate Kwanzaa? And why do you care?
I care because we have a culture in this country that white people have worked hard to build and that I wish to protect. Those who recognize/celebrate Juneteenth and Kwanzaa are people who aim to change and destroy our culture, and mold it into something that will better serve their people, to the detriment of white people. How could I not care?
Quote:
And I've made another look at that pie chart. The spending that Congress decides on, the military is the largest part. And if you were to consider the social programs we spend on, most of it is in relation to people who actually work. Money spent for labor, for people who want to work. Unemployment benefits for those who get laid off. Social security, which is something the retired and incapacitated use. Military is still a very large part of the budget. We're not going into debt because of food stamps and welfare.
Well again, this was the link that you provided, and I can't read it for you. Congress decides how we spend our money. Military expenditures account for less than 16% of total federal spending.YOUR chart clearly shows that. However else you want to try to spin it, that fact will remain.

Old 08-22-2016, 02:07 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Well, I don't care to argue, honestly; I would rather discuss. Blacks, generally speaking, whatever region they hail from, have a unique diction; that's just a fact. Do you honestly think they're incapable of speaking like Americans? I don't. Again, it is a conscious decision to speak differently from white people and resist assimilation.I care because we have a culture in this country that white people have worked hard to build and that I wish to protect. Those who recognize/celebrate Juneteenth and Kwanzaa are people who aim to change and destroy our culture, and mold it into something that will better serve their people, to the detriment of white people. How could I not care?
Well again, this was the link that you provided, and I can't read it for you. Congress decides how we spend our money. Military expenditures account for less than 16% of total federal spending.YOUR chart clearly shows that. However else you want to try to spin it, that fact will remain.
You are extremely paranoid and delusional. You like so many others have no idea what Kwanzaa is and certainly have no idea what Junteenth is. You like so many other hardcore white nationalists have become overcome with an irrational fear that whites are in grave danger.

Irrational fear and reason can't co-exist.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:12 PM

11,650 posts, read 12,941,545 times
Funny, because black nationalists are rather right winged themselves. They're usually very religious, and are against homosexuals and abortion. How is that leftism?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates