Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2016, 01:36 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
In desperation I have thought of being one but I'm sure it just opens you up to a cesspool of nasty men who are ready to take advantage of you.
In theory it is easy to make money that way but not easy on your emotional wellbeing at the very least. Even if a man doesn't take advantage, you might think one day that sex is all you're good for.
Well lets think about that a minute.

Prostitution is the most dangerous profession in the country.
Here are a few random stats.
Workers get physically attacked about once per month.
58% report violent abuse at the hands of their clients.
80% report wanting out of the industry.
Murder rate is high
40% are former child prostitutes
Many are homeless and addicted to drugs
They often lose custody of their children
risk of disease
its illegal and subject to arrest
You are looked down on and get no respect from anyone

Most prostitutes are not high end hookers and either way you have to give your pimp a cut of your money.

You know why men solicit prostitutes. Because they are often nasty men and want nasty things most women, including their wives, wont do.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:11 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well lets think about that a minute.

Prostitution is the most dangerous profession in the country.
Here are a few random stats.
Workers get physically attacked about once per month.
58% report violent abuse at the hands of their clients.
80% report wanting out of the industry.
Murder rate is high
40% are former child prostitutes
Many are homeless and addicted to drugs
They often lose custody of their children
risk of disease
its illegal and subject to arrest
You are looked down on and get no respect from anyone

Most prostitutes are not high end hookers and either way you have to give your pimp a cut of your money.

You know why men solicit prostitutes. Because they are often nasty men and want nasty things most women, including their wives, wont do.

Very true I suppose I was confusing prostitution with a stripper. Sometimes I confuse the two but I don't know why.
I've thought about becoming a stripper many times in desperation but it's probably only a "more glamourous" and legal version of prostitution. Not as dangerous but probably still subjects you to shady characters so another example of a job that is probably easy for a woman to get but is not easy to subject yourself to.

Old 07-19-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickchick View Post
Very true I suppose I was confusing prostitution with a stripper. Sometimes I confuse the two but I don't know why.
I've thought about becoming a stripper many times in desperation but it's probably only a "more glamourous" and legal version of prostitution. Not as dangerous but probably still subjects you to shady characters so another example of a job that is probably easy for a woman to get but is not easy to subject yourself to.
Well one would have to be attractive, I imagine sliding down a pole upside down and naked takes some skill. You need some dance moves and grinding your exposed lady bits in strange drunk mens laps and faces cant be too easy.

How bout get some education or training and get a job that doesn't require nudity or sex.

Old 07-20-2016, 01:58 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,275,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
The man has no legal means by which he can prevent his child from being aborted.

It is only HIS child if the mother needs his money, wants to screw him, or whatever.

Old 07-20-2016, 06:00 PM

706 posts, read 756,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
It is only HIS child if the mother needs his money, wants to screw him, or whatever.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:48 AM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
Define "easier."
It's a moot point because if you're a man you don't know what it's like to be a woman and vice versa.
How about this... life is hard... man, woman, or other.
this is what i was thinking...being a woman is all i know so i'm gonna go with yes, it's easier for me to be a woman!

Old 07-21-2016, 11:57 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
In the Ask A Manager comments section, someone described a conversation with a coworker where he said, "women have it so easy. If they want free time off of work, they can just have a baby."

Old 07-21-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
In the Ask A Manager comments section, someone described a conversation with a coworker where he said, "women have it so easy. If they want free time off of work, they can just have a baby."
I dont even know what to say to that.
It is really discouraging that some men actually don't have the cognitive ability to understand reality.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:26 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,158,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
A professor who just so happens to be male.

I guarantee you that sex is *not* needed for day to day survival. I should know since I've voluntarily lived without it for a decade now (whereas I previously had plenty of it). I don't need it and I don't miss it. Sex is needed for the general survival of humanity only. Of course a male professor with blue balls is going to proclaim that we need sex to survive day to day.
Maslow's research and findings were not gender-specific; they included both men and women.

Old 07-21-2016, 07:00 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How bout get some education or training and get a job that doesn't require nudity or sex.

I went to college but people consider the one I went to a joke so I didn't move on to a higher degree. I would go to a prestigious one but I don't want to end up with more debt and I feel like I would be starting over..like none of the hard work I did in the college mattered because of where the degree was from.

Also I have thought about training but that costs money and I'm pretty broke right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates