U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 01:38 PM

6,307 posts, read 7,140,913 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Well, there were other Democrat candidates who she beat. I am assuming someone respected her more than the other MEN who were in the democrat party and now look where she is. An entire nation believes in her and respects her enough to have her where she is now.
An entire nation? Hardly.

Quote:
You post what you believe in, right? Just wanted your opinion on my question. Oh well.
In this case, I am posting what I have seen and experienced in my 43 years of life.

I will say, honestly, that if given the choice of a prospective boss, and only knowing their gender, I'd have a hard time choosing the woman. It has been my experience that a lot of women in positions of leadership feel the need to fit into some perceived role. To be the hard-nosed, take no crap, dare I say "masculine" person in order to be respected.

No, it's certainly not all women, but it is a definite trend that I've seen.

And, IMO, it's extremely sad. There are very many women who are extremely talented and capable and would be fabulous leaders if they just laid off believing that they have to conform to a certain stereotype.

Quote:
Are people that extreme? The places I worked for in the USA and other countries are yet to see a woman with negativity simply because she was assertive. Would it be as extreme as saying that a man who is sensitive and shows his feelings is a man who is a total homosexual?
Yeah, some people are that extreme. But that's not, IMO, where the bulk of the issue lies. It's in the less outwardly vocal majority who simply accept that "this is the way it is" and have no issues, for example, forwarding the crap that 2mares spoke about in her last post.

Old 08-16-2016, 03:35 PM

6,250 posts, read 5,840,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
An entire nation? Hardly.
Well, she’s about to become your country’s president. Will she or Trump be great presidents? Not sure about that but we’ll see. If a woman was not respected she wouldn’t even become a high school class president but look where she is. Someone believed in A WOMAN and there you have her. About to represent and run your country.

Quote:
I will say, honestly, that if given the choice of a prospective boss, and only knowing their gender, I'd have a hard time choosing the woman. It has been my experience that a lot of women in positions of leadership feel the need to fit into some perceived role. To be the hard-nosed, take no crap, dare I say "masculine" person in order to be respected.
When I did my internship in the USA and worked there for a couple of years I had 2 female bosses and I didn’t see no difference in them with the other men. They are still in charge as of today. Loved and respected by the employees. I have good memories with them. They just did their job like anybody else in their respective positions. 2 female fellow employees there got promoted faster than guys.

2mares,
As you said, men have been seen throughout history as the aggressors, wrong-doers, etc. Men are pretty much the villains since the beginning of history so I guess it makes sense as to why the law is softer on women and society in general would be on a woman's side if she has some sort of confrontation with a man. Heck, just look around the forum and see how a male poster can get suspended for something while a female poster just gets a slap on the wrist for doing the same. I guess that is why that woman from my experience in the USA tried to get on my case knowing she can get away with it, get support from everybody around her, have the law on her side, etc.

Had a similar case with someone that took my parking spot on a mall. Had my signal waiting for a spot and she just got in before me. I took another spot and shook my head walking near her and she still asks "WHAT?!" and I told her "I think it was quite rude from you to take the spot I was waiting for" and she got all aggressive "And what are you going to do about it? HUH?!" before I replied another woman quickly ran to her aid and asked me to stop harassing her. Wow! Really? No security officer or police were involved that time but if they were you know who's side they would take. As a woman, in these kinds of scenarios you know everybody will be on your side. More power for you.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1874742.html

Soft Touch - Sometimes, the Punishment Fits the Gender - NYTimes.com

Old 08-16-2016, 05:22 PM

6,307 posts, read 7,140,913 times
Quote:
Well, she’s about to become your country’s president. Will she or Trump be great presidents? Not sure about that but we’ll see. If a woman was not respected she wouldn’t even become a high school class president but look where she is. Someone believed in A WOMAN and there you have her. About to represent and run your country.
Being president does not equal having respect. I know quite a few people who are voting for her as the lesser of the evils, and I know even more that would rather not vote than vote for her.

I'd say that the overall level of respect for her, or any politician in the U.S. currently is fairly well at an all time low.

As for the rest, I'm glad that you had a terrific experience in the u.s., but don't delude yourself into thinking that because you didn't see it in your limited time here that what I mentioned does not happen, and happens often.

Old 08-16-2016, 05:53 PM

9,847 posts, read 13,938,774 times
It's very not easy to be a human. Men, women, all the same, only various manifestations of conscious Self.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:43 PM

3,234 posts, read 1,716,710 times
Quote:

What really makes it easy for women is they can falsely accuse a man and get away with it without there being any legal consequences. So men just have to suck it up, shrug their shoulders, and walk away hoping they don't get in trouble. That's what that woman tried to do to me knowing she can get away with it.
Guess I'm the exception to the rule again. I am always honest but it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman because for example a guy had drove into the window of an apartment I resided in and it broke the air conditioning. My friend also noticed that the guy was high as a kite. The only officer that took us seriously died in a high speed chase so the man got off scot free and we had to deal with the aftermath.

Maybe women who look like women can get people in trouble (but then again my friend looked mature tho that was just one instance). Women who look/sound like a child like me may not get taken seriously by the authorities even if it is the truth.

Old 08-16-2016, 10:33 PM

2,303 posts, read 2,126,452 times
Closed because at this point, this thread belongs in the election forum, but the premise of the thread does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or