U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2016, 04:04 PM

52 posts, read 32,443 times

Advertisements

It's easier to be a man, because women are paid less, discriminated against a lot more, and in some countries to a massive degree, and others to a lesser degree, women are mutilated routinely, and essentially treated as slaves or property.

The vast majority of domestic violence is against women. The vast majority of rape is against women. And the lack of equal pay problem (which is a problem in every country), is ridiculous in a supposedly equal society.

Old 07-04-2016, 04:11 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,844,353 times
Ummm no. It's called a period every month..

Old 07-04-2016, 07:03 PM

285 posts, read 176,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomdove View Post
There's no excuse for that. Those employers should be reported. They are required to give a certain amount of their jobs to minorities, and if you feel like a company isn't fulfilling those requirements then you should say something.

Unfortunately, unemployment is high for everyone because corporations are allowed to ship our jobs out of the country. It's BS and needs to change. We need those jobs and we need better education opportunities for low-income people so that we can get the higher-level jobs, too.

It's sad that you're still being discriminated against. I thought it was much better than it used to be.
Oh I wish it were that easy. But the high unemployment is what I'm told. "well you're not getting a job, so isn't that person. And them." So I can't do anything but not make money and watch literally all my friends working. Even my mixed race friends have it easier than I did.

What's sad is that my mom, grandmother, and I are all equally surprised my brother got his first job and hired so easily at 15 when I struggled like hell at almost 17. Second place he applied to, which is showing us it's really getting a lot better. I remember applying at that McDonalds six times and each time getting a no.

Lucky for me, I've moved to another city for college and it's easier here than there. I found a job here the same day I moved. And another a month after I quit. It's not easy, distance wise, but easier to find work. So I'm good here.

Old 07-05-2016, 12:54 AM

17,294 posts, read 21,154,360 times
Easier, because it's an undeniable fact that women are stronger than men!

Men missed out on a grand opportunity, back in the early 70's, by not enlisting in the Men's Liberation Movement, or continuing its growth. A popular book back then: The Hazards of Being a Male, which I read and re-read.

But so many men are puzzled as to why there's a need a Men's Liberation Movement.

I have heard, though, lately that this movement is being resurrected. Thank God for that!

Old 07-05-2016, 01:27 AM

15,264 posts, read 12,523,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Oh hell yes!

Any remotely smart woman has the world at her feet. Life is as easy as can be for a woman who knows what she's doing.
Are you referring to a harlot who uses rich men for money.. it sounds to me that way.. were not all made that way you know...

Old 07-05-2016, 01:52 AM

1,580 posts, read 1,133,295 times
Depends on many factors: the women and men in question, their socio-economic situations, the culture they live in (think of women in Afghanistan), and the burden each must carry, and then there's education and attitude.

FWIW, I love being a lady in my particular circumstance - a privileged one, to be sure.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention time. Throughout most of history, women have been in a distinctly subservient position to men, and have been treated rather badly. In the States, women didn't even get to vote until 1920, and even today women are still paid roughly $.75 on the dollar compared to men performing the same jobs, in the western world.

Last edited by Mahrie; 07-05-2016 at 02:14 AM..

Old 07-05-2016, 04:15 AM

15,264 posts, read 12,523,140 times
iN the past a married woman lost her job, she wasnt allowed to continue working full time.this left a woman relying solely on her husand for housekeeping or spending money.. a woman couldnt just pack her bags and leave an abusive or cheating husband, as she had nowhere to go.. single mothers also couldnt afford a flat so she was tied to that man whether she liked it or not..then if a husband beat his wife, he couldnt be jailed.. he might be removed from the home until he either sobered up or calmed down... this usually meant he would be in such a mood at the eviction by the police that he would probably start on the woman again..didnt women have it all!

Old 07-05-2016, 05:43 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,104,691 times
Women do not have it easy. They are constantly judging and being judged by other women. They have to deal with invasive doctor visits regularly (mammograms and gynecological exams). They have to deal with periods, then menopause. They have to constantly worry about everything including reputation. They have to bear the pain of child birth. They have to deal with rude/aggressive men trying to pick them up and comment about their bodies. They have to constantly be aware of their surroundings as women are targeted by men. They are not taken seriously by mechanics and contractors. They metabolize food differently and weight gets put on easily so they have to worry about dieting as well.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:54 AM

2,441 posts, read 1,930,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ummm no. It's called a period every month..
I remember a thread on here when someone had blood in their urine. All the male respondents were hair on fire shrieking. The women were agreeing it should get checked out.

If the whinging men on here had to have just one period (let along give birth) they would have a meltdown.

Old 07-05-2016, 08:02 AM

706 posts, read 457,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTK View Post
Oh I wish it were that easy. But the high unemployment is what I'm told. "well you're not getting a job, so isn't that person. And them." So I can't do anything but not make money and watch literally all my friends working. Even my mixed race friends have it easier than I did.

What's sad is that my mom, grandmother, and I are all equally surprised my brother got his first job and hired so easily at 15 when I struggled like hell at almost 17. Second place he applied to, which is showing us it's really getting a lot better. I remember applying at that McDonalds six times and each time getting a no.

Lucky for me, I've moved to another city for college and it's easier here than there. I found a job here the same day I moved. And another a month after I quit. It's not easy, distance wise, but easier to find work. So I'm good here.
It sounds like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I'm glad you're doing better at your new location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or