Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 11:49 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,110,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soursop View Post
Just throwing this out there, but wouldn't she be even more of a hero if she found a father for her kids instead of going it alone? Even more kudos to her if she could get douche bag daddy to man up instead of just letting him slide, and double kudos for not getting knocked up by a douche bag in the first place...
Good points. However, the PC liberals won't like hearing this.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:06 PM

531 posts, read 384,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Good points. However, the PC liberals won't like hearing this.
Nope, theyll just keep blaming the man, saying how he wants consequence free sex, or some other non-sense

Old 07-12-2016, 12:10 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Aaah, so you ignored my first post to you. My apologies. Here is it for reference:

You will not change my mind on this. I do understand that there is a legal responsibility, thank you, I just do not agree with it.

A man's choice ends at conception, which is rather unfortunate.

I do not know where you get the figure 'only a few hundred a month." The people that I know who pay child support pay a lot.

I know a man who is saddled with child support and has to work two jobs as a result. He cannot see his kids as much - and he wants to - because he is working. When asked why he has to work so much, his reply is, "Ask your mother."

Who are we really helping here?
I didn't ignore anything, I was responding to a post not multiple posts. And the figure 430$ is from data collected on the subject. It is an average, some pay a lot some pay little, but the average amount is currently `430$/mo. I knew a guy who paid 25$/month. Amounts are based/calculated on several factors and differ somewhat from state to state.

I'm not sure why it is unfortunate that a mans choice ends at conception. That is saying a man should not be held responsible for the consequences of his choice to have have sex, or who he has sex with or the result of having sex. Why is that unfortunate.

There was a time when men were not legally held responsible for their illegitimate children's welfare or even their legitimate children's welfare if they chose to leave and we ended up with children living in extreme poverty and deplorable living conditions because the mothers were left destitute.

I do believe our family court system needs a lot of work and sometimes judgements are unfair and lack logic, IMO. But even though women can now opt for abortion there are still forces at work trying to greatly limit that choice/availability and its working. Even forces trying to limit birth control choices and availability. Women can now work to support her children but it is still difficult to earn a decent wage and find and afford safe child care. Even adoption, especially for minorities, isn't much guarantee your child will be placed in a good home and can be a gut wrenching life changing decision. Even with the choices women have beyond conception : abortion, adoption, or going it on your own, they still have issues with their moral conscience, with their physical and emotional health, their job/finances, stigma, and availability of those choices. I'm not sure why people feel a man should just be able to walk scott free for making the same decision resulting in the same consequence, pregnancy.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'm not sure why people feel a man should just be able to walk scott free for making the same decision resulting in the same consequence, pregnancy.
Only because women can walk away scott free and no one says anything to them, yet the same people for that will go around shouting for equal rights. If a woman has the option to not be held responsible, a man should have that same option to walk away as well.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:38 PM

8,886 posts, read 5,368,429 times
Quote:

As I said before, I would be livid if my husband suddenly had to fork over hundreds a month to pay child support for some 'chick he met in a bar'.
Usually it takes a bit more than meeting someone at a bar to obtain a child support order.

But as biology has some new twists these days (is the spreading of women's legs creates babies) it might be a suiggestion that your husband stayed out of bars.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:41 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,276,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Usually it takes a bit more than meeting someone at a bar to obtain a child support order.

But as biology has some new twists these days (is the spreading of women's legs creates babies) it might be a suiggestion that your husband stayed out of bars.
Thanks for the insult, but what I meant was a woman from long ago when he was single, popped up with a kid and now he is on the hook for child support.

I've seen it happen.

And who said anything about spread legs creating babies??

Old 07-12-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I have no problem with child support laws. Didn't you read what I said? Men who create kids are responsible for them and should be nailed to the financial wall such that they fulfill their obligations.

However, that does not change the absolute physical biological fact that it is women, only women, 100% women, and 0% men, that control the equipment that creates life. And they are 100% responsible for making sure that that happens at the right time and with the right guy.
Yes, you pretty much contradict yourself. The fact men should be held responsible for their children speaks to the fact women are not 100% responsible and men 0%. Men and women are equally responsible for conception.

Old 07-12-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Only because women can walk away scott free and no one says anything to them, yet the same people for that will go around shouting for equal rights. If a woman has the option to not be held responsible, a man should have that same option to walk away as well.

Not true. Women don't walk away scott free. Even though women finally got the legal means to birth control and abortion those things are still being challenged, limited and denied. Dont think for a minute that abortion is scott free nor adoption and if the child is born and raised by the mother definitely not. Abortion is not only a gut wrench decision and moral dilemma for many women it a medical procedure that often cant be preformed without barriers and comes with risks. And not have anything said to them, really, like MURDERER!!!!!, ****!!!!! HOE!!!!!!, TRASH!!!!. Or perhaps losing their job. Making a decision and following thru on it is a responsibility.

Equal rights will occur when a man can carry a child. He will have the exact rights a woman has to choose to terminate the pregnancy and the other half of the DNA will have the obligation to pay CS if he keeps the resulting child.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:12 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,075,900 times
Quote:

And who said anything about spread legs creating babies??

Therein lies the oxymoron of the phrase, "single mom." If there is such a thing as a single mom, then we are talking immaculate conception, of which I have my doubts.

So, at some point there was likely a "couple", for whatever brief period of time.

Single mom is a term meant to engender sympathy. I find it to be a disgusting label. The poor thing is all alone and has to raise to raise a child all by herself. That the man involved might be a great father and is likely paying substantial child support seems to get lost when the woman wants something and needs to engage the sympathy factor. Single mom. Oh dear. We better help.

Unmarried mother? Sure. Single woman with a child? Sure. Single mom? No such thing that I know of.

Old 07-12-2016, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not true. Women don't walk away scott free. Even though women finally got the legal means to birth control and abortion those things are still being challenged, limited and denied. Dont think for a minute that abortion is scott free nor adoption and if the child is born and raised by the mother definitely not. Abortion is not only a gut wrench decision and moral dilemma for many women it a medical procedure that often cant be preformed without barriers and comes with risks. And not have anything said to them, really, like MURDERER!!!!!, ****!!!!! HOE!!!!!!, TRASH!!!!. Or perhaps losing their job. Making a decision and following thru on it is a responsibility.

Equal rights will occur when a man can carry a child. He will have the exact rights a woman has to choose to terminate the pregnancy and the other half of the DNA will have the obligation to pay CS if he keeps the resulting child.
I personally know 5 women that have had abortions, and not one of them had a tough choice making the decision to have it. I also have an ex that tried to give her son up to her aunt, but the aunt didnt want him. But she had no issue giving the boy up. That moral issue might be a thing for some women, but I havent seen it personally except when they want to complain about how unfair it is. Men get called names when they walk away too, and can lose licenses and job for not paying child support, so the fact that the special princess cant tolerate a little name calling is her own issue. If women dont want equal rights then just say it. Its obvious from their actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates