Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 09:45 AM

8,009 posts, read 10,424,435 times

Advertisements

No one should have to register for selective service anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 AM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,961 times
Every person should register and in fairness there should be no exemptions.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:40 AM

36,513 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Every person should register and in fairness there should be no exemptions.
I think they make have to make exemptions if people are actually called. What if a couple have children and both are called for duty?

Old 08-04-2016, 11:34 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I think they make have to make exemptions if people are actually called. What if a couple have children and both are called for duty?
Yes, there are exemptions during the draft, it was so during Vietnam and it would be so in the future. Most of those drafted during Vietnam were single, married men were given a higher classification. I see no reason, in todays world, why single women shouldn't be classified as 1A and be subject to draft.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:44 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,589,364 times
Yes, although I deplore the idea, those whom support politicians which favor
such a thing need to pay the price and be forced to register for conscription.

Hillary Clinton is for draft registration requirement extended to the female gender.

If she wins, then those responsible for electing her need to be ready to give
their lives to support her wars.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:57 AM

36,513 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terryj View Post
Yes, there are exemptions during the draft, it was so during Vietnam and it would be so in the future. Most of those drafted during Vietnam were single, married men were given a higher classification. I see no reason, in todays world, why single women shouldn't be classified as 1A and be subject to draft.
Neither do I. The point being if between the time of registration and an actual draft if both mother and father are called there would need to be an exception for one of them or are we going to be leaving behind parentless children?

Old 08-04-2016, 12:27 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicka View Post
Logically women should also have to register
That’s right. It’s all about equality, right?

Quote:
It isn't like we are precious pansies who can't pitch in somewhere if it were to come down to that
Thing is, sometimes it seems women pick and choose where to act like precious pansies and therefore say certain things are “a gentleman’s job”.

Quote:
You can have a wimpy little scrawny milquetoast guy and a strong, agile intelligent woman in the same room. Who would you pick to defend your country? or to do any job?
What if we had a strong guy and a strong woman in the same room? We can’t deny the fact that everybody would pick the guy. I wouldn’t want to be in a risky life/death mission in a war with women in my group. It’s just not that effective compared to just having men in the group. Think of any job that requires physical force and tell me if you rather have a group of women do the job or men.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:42 PM

3,040 posts, read 5,000,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

Thing is, sometimes it seems women pick and choose where to act like precious pansies and therefore say certain things are “a gentleman’s job”.

What if we had a strong guy and a strong woman in the same room? We can’t deny the fact that everybody would pick the guy. I wouldn’t want to be in a risky life/death mission in a war with women in my group. It’s just not that effective compared to just having men in the group. Think of any job that requires physical force and tell me if you rather have a group of women do the job or men.
Maybe you might want to tell that to the 2 women that completed Ranger training. Out of 400 who started the training only 96 remained, and out of those were 2 women.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:47 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post

I suppose. But, if she's has PMS at that time I might pick her.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:48 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,972,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBeam33 View Post
Makes no sense. EVERY US Citizen? Ok, starting at what age, since 1-17 year olds are US citizens too, it doesn't happen overnight when one turns 18.

How about pacifists and members of pacifist religions? You're going to force them not only to shoot, but to buy guns at their own expense? Ridiculous. I would go to jail before I would be forced by my government to buy a rifle and a pistol and keep them in my home.

What you are suggesting is far more of an overstep than Selective Service - you want to try to force every single citizen, regardless of age, gender, or belief to do what you think is a good idea. Good luck with that.
How about you actually READ about the Militia in the United States LAW that I quoted?
Just google Title 10, United States Code: Militia.

Then, after you read it, and realize that IF you are the correct age, YOU ARE IN THE UNORGANIZED MILITIA, WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!
Then, you can come back here and apologize for your damfool rant!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates