Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 01:15 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I think what most of us class a paedo as is, someone who grooms a young child either by kindness or threats to harm them or their family if they tell.. The groomers who go slow, with gifts , nice compliments and then go in for the kill.. Harming babies and children in a sexual or any abusive way is the worse crime I can think of ..
Others can walk that exact same line with an adult.

Pedophile, the strict definition of it, is EXCLUSIVE or primary sexual attraction to pre-pubescent children.

Let us not forget, either.. There's nothing illegal about being a pedophile. ACTING on it is another story. Germany (I think) has put out a program sending people to a therapist, on the governments' dime, if they report themselves as having feelings like that.. With some success, I have heard.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:26 PM

5,273 posts, read 14,542,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
You just lost all credibility. Nobody finds joy in abortion. It's an insane rant that marks you as someone not worth reading.
Return to earth some time and see how many millions rejoice in child murder. You'd be amazed. You really would. And then, I hope, deeply saddened.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Germany (I think) has put out a program sending people to a therapist, on the governments' dime, if they report themselves as having feelings like that.. With some success, I have heard.
That's interesting.

I wonder what would happen if the therapist concluded the person before them could be a potential serial pedophile. Or maybe that they believe they have already committed a crime. What would their responsibility be?

Old 08-24-2016, 01:29 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,928,784 times
Amy Schumer is currently creating controversy because in her new autobiography she describes her first sexual experience as a rape. She apparently awoke to find herself in a sex act with 'her boyfriend'. Should he be executed? Life sentence with no parole? Parole after how many years? 10? 15? 25 or more? Does Schumer have any culpability in that she was obviously in bed, naked, with a boy with no intention to have sex?

I suspect that this is why you often see what appear to be very lenient sentences for what is simply called rape, but is actually an act with a very wide range of seriousness. A serial attacker who grabs, sodomizes and kills and then buries victims and is finally caught, will NOT receive 6 years (4-1/2 with good behavior) in a medium security prison! That psychopath is going to be executed! At the very least he is going to die on Death Row awaiting execution. Schumer's boyfriend... what should we do with him? Hmmm... death seems a little harsh, even castration. I won't suggest a sentence because my intent isn't to make this about rapists but about circumstances.

Situations involving children are hot button and always involve stiff sentences when the acts involve violence and the victim and attacker are not known to each other. It is a persistent myth that child molesters always get theirs in prison, but the truth is that it is usually due to the fact that they are often borderline personalities that gets them the prison beat downs and not the fact that they were in for child predation. Other than priests, I don't know of many child molesters that don't get jail time if their victims come forward. And as far as the priests go, a lot more of them would go down if there wasn't often an attempt made to accuse them anonymously.

It may seem unfortunate, but I think it is necessary that people accused of a crime as serious as rape, that the accusation be made quickly and openly. For that to happen victims need to know that they have in fact been violated. And that if they want justice they need to come forward. I know a little something about the amount of ignorance that exists in a place like America about sex in general and sexual abuse in particular. This very thread is an example of ignorance about sexual abuse in that it fails utterly to distinguish pedophilia from non-consensual sex with an adult, sexual violence, sodomy, or false accusation for that matter.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
Return to earth some time and see how many millions rejoice in child murder. You'd be amazed. You really would. And then, I hope, deeply saddened.
You are the one who needs to return to earth and understand than no one takes any joy in a termination. Just because a person does a thing (under duress) does not equate with joy in the process. .

Old 08-24-2016, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
You are the one who needs to return to earth and understand than no one takes any joy in a termination. Just because a person does a thing (under duress) does not equate with joy in the process. .
I do understand what, but I cannot recall how many times I hear people rejoice over killing children. I also understand that for many people it is a tragic event they deeply regret.

Old 08-24-2016, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Amy Schumer is currently creating controversy because in her new autobiography she describes her first sexual experience as a rape. She apparently awoke to find herself in a sex act with 'her boyfriend'. Should he be executed? Life sentence with no parole? Parole after how many years? 10? 15? 25 or more? Does Schumer have any culpability in that she was obviously in bed, naked, with a boy with no intention to have sex?

I suspect that this is why you often see what appear to be very lenient sentences for what is simply called rape, but is actually an act with a very wide range of seriousness. A serial attacker who grabs, sodomizes and kills and then buries victims and is finally caught, will NOT receive 6 years (4-1/2 with good behavior) in a medium security prison! That psychopath is going to be executed! At the very least he is going to die on Death Row awaiting execution. Schumer's boyfriend... what should we do with him? Hmmm... death seems a little harsh, even castration. I won't suggest a sentence because my intent isn't to make this about rapists but about circumstances.

Situations involving children are hot button and always involve stiff sentences when the acts involve violence and the victim and attacker are not known to each other. It is a persistent myth that child molesters always get theirs in prison, but the truth is that it is usually due to the fact that they are often borderline personalities that gets them the prison beat downs and not the fact that they were in for child predation. Other than priests, I don't know of many child molesters that don't get jail time if their victims come forward. And as far as the priests go, a lot more of them would go down if there wasn't often an attempt made to accuse them anonymously.

It may seem unfortunate, but I think it is necessary that people accused of a crime as serious as rape, that the accusation be made quickly and openly. For that to happen victims need to know that they have in fact been violated. And that if they want justice they need to come forward. I know a little something about the amount of ignorance that exists in a place like America about sex in general and sexual abuse in particular. This very thread is an example of ignorance about sexual abuse in that it fails utterly to distinguish pedophilia from non-consensual sex with an adult, sexual violence, sodomy, or false accusation for that matter.
Ugh. I think you could have used a better term in describing this.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:39 PM

17,574 posts, read 15,247,745 times
Quote:
That's interesting.

I wonder what would happen if the therapist concluded the person before them could be a potential serial pedophile. Or maybe that they believe they have already committed a crime. What would their responsibility be?
If you want expert opinions on it or definitive answers.. Google it.. Understand that I'm not purporting to know details of the program or anything.. But my understanding is that the program is designed to intercept prior to offending. I would imagine that the same reporting requirements that are in place in the US would be in effect.

So, a therapist who feels (or knows) that someone has offended would be required to report that to the authorities. The job of the therapist is to attempt to prevent them from offending.

I've got to say that it's a fairly forward thinking program. I don't know whether at the end of the day it will be successful or not.. but.. It is a new way of looking at the problem and that thinking, regardless of success, should be commended.

Here's a couple of articles about it

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...re-they-offend

A provocative treatment program for pedophiles in Germany is raising some eyebrows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Preven...ect_Dunkelfeld

Oh.. Reading through the second one.. Apparently therapists do NOT have to report prior offenses.

Last edited by Labonte18; 08-24-2016 at 02:47 PM..

Old 08-24-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Ugh. I think you could have used a better term in describing this.
You quoted my entire post for that? Your obsession with penetrative sex is duly noted. The actual reality is that it is much less resorted to than your febrile imagination might imagine.

Old 08-24-2016, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I do understand what, but I cannot recall how many times I hear people rejoice over killing children. I also understand that for many people it is a tragic event they deeply regret.
I do not understand what you are saying here because I can't tell if you are resorting to that most annoying habit of referring to unborn fetuses as children, or if you are actually talking about what everyone else calls children. I've never personally heard anyone rejoice over killing a child (or fetus) but I can just about imagine that some severely deluded adult that kills a child might try to defend it somehow. A termination, not so much. It happens, and most simply move on. Some don't, that's what's tragic. Not the termination itself, but that some will remain there mentally, while the rest of their lives go by. If one is that conflicted, IMO, one should not go through with a termination. They should leave the child at a local adoption center to be raised by registered pro-life families. All pro-lifers should be required to register their addresses with adoption centers so young mothers in trouble can locate willing adoptive parents for their unwanted children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates