Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 12:22 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times

Advertisements

Blacks will succeed when they stop blaming some magical white man who is making themselves kill each other.They need to stop playing victim sorry its 2016 racism is GONE(not like how it used to be).Lazyness and victim doesn't cut it,you have all the oppurntites in america!!

Old 09-10-2016, 12:22 PM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
So, the ONLY question you want us to answer is: If we think more reporting in the media will or can force black on black homicide to be a larger issue?

1) Yes, if they made front page headlines every day on all media sites and in all major newspapers every day (and probably had fliers delivered to the many households who pay absolutely no attention any more to the news), the media could probably FORCE this to be a 'larger issue' outside of the communities where this is happening. However, I am not sure many in the local communities where this is a big problem would give a darn. And while it is an issue - and an important one - it is not necessarily the ONLY issue out there that needs to be addressed by Americans. And pressing the faces of the rest of the world against that glass still won't solve the problem anyway.

2) That said though, (at the risk of incurring your wrath, OP) what would be the point? Most people are already aware of the problems. This seems to be mainly a 'cultural issue' and as such the best solutions would probably (and should probably) come from the inside not the outside (although, of course, the solutions should be supported from the outside as well). In the end if the community with the problem doesn't stand up for themselves, nothing else anyone else does will matter. This is not just about jobs and schools or income, etc. ... it is about wrong choices and drugs and baby daddies, etc. - in short .. CULTURE. No one else can change that culture except the people who are immersed in it.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:24 PM

578 posts, read 458,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The premise of this thread is clearly racist.
I'm black and i dont think its racist matter of fact we need more threads like this.

I hate it how blacks call a white person racist when they are stating facts our community is in destruction and we always want to blame somebody but ourselfs thank god i didn't fall victim mentality.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:35 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
Quote:
What's the premise of this thread? So people who read this can judge for themselves whether it's clearly racist.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:05 PM

2,631 posts, read 2,050,625 times
Quote:
Quote:
rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
noun: racist; plural noun: racists
a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
Please explain how attempting to bring more media attention to a serious homicide problem is a racist premise.

Old 09-10-2016, 01:07 PM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,250,645 times
I think having a large amount of black on black crime probably also increases the amount of black on white crime. Black people need guns to defend themselves from black criminals. So the number of guns in big black communities might be astronomical. But they probably aren't always careful enough with them. What if they get drunk and leave the gun where their children can get it? And their children sell it to gang members? So the number of guns among gang members increases. And gang members go out of their community and attack whiter communities. That's just a theory, but it sounds plausible. That a large amount of black on black crime increases the amount of black on white crime.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:09 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Do you care to have a discussion? Calling people Donald Trump does not change the facts. 2949 people have been shot in Chicago since 1/1/2016. You may no care one iota, but personally, I'd like to see that sad statistic drop by a lot.
Wrong. I don't care to have that data thrown at me on a daily basis. And on this forum it pretty much is.

I'd like to see the general discussed in a way that is constructive, not just another smear on Black people.

Old 09-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Wrong. I don't care to have that data thrown at me on a daily basis. And on this forum it pretty much is.

I'd like to see the general discussed in a way that is constructive, not just another smear on Black people.
Crystal meth is an awful problem amongst white middle Americans.

Is that statement a smear on white middle Americans?

Old 09-10-2016, 02:42 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
If the media were to cover the inner city murder epidemic in depth, on a daily basis, would people become outraged enough to demand a meaningful attempt to end it? By keeping the coverage to a minimum, while beating police shootings of black people like dead horses, it seems that the media is failing the black community. Even worse, they are perpetrating the notion of victimization which is a socially acceptable excuse for failure.
Its reported with all the rest of local news in each locale. Where have you been??? See this is the issue with the Hermits who all came out of the closet during the 2008 election because someone other than the status quo was headed to the White House....and they only get their news from cable news outlets. For that whole crowd who states this type of crime is never reported on please get your head outta the toilets....

Old 09-10-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
Its reported with all the rest of local news in each locale. Where have you been??? See this is the issue with the Hermits who all came out of the closet during the 2008 election because someone other than the status quo was headed to the White House....and they only get their news from cable news outlets. For that whole crowd who states this type of crime is never reported on please get your head outta the toilets....
Yet, police shootings are national news. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.