Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2016, 09:33 PM

10,721 posts, read 5,658,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Want my credit card numbers as well?
Nope.

You claim special insider information. Do you really expect people to just believe that you in fact have that special info?

To be honest, I don't really care. You have ceased to have any relevance on this forum, regardless of any answer(s) you may provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2016, 09:35 PM

Quote:
But effective rates do vary by amount and type of income, and not always in ways that seem to make a lot of sense.
Yes they can, but that's not the issue here.

Quote:
That's a political question. You can opine, but you can't answer the question any more than anyone else can.
The question was asked in response to a poster that claimed that a fair share should be paid. A fair question is what that share is.

Old 10-25-2016, 11:31 PM

1,960 posts, read 4,662,597 times
I still think the "velocity of money" approach to taxation and disposable income would do a large Country such as ours a lot of good. You need wage inflation in the middle and bottom for sure, coupled with a targeted income tax cut. That would do much better for the GDP of the Country than letting the multinationals continue to hoard the profits of the hyper-productivity sucked out of the labor class on the basis of them being able to get away with it due to our current labor surplus at pretty much all skill levels of consequence. (private industry doesn't want to cough up the training costs to retool the domestic population like insolent babies, while disingenuously complaining in the same sentence about lack of uber-specific skilled labor in the local labor market).

The problem is that such a straightforward solution quickly turns political, so everybody's quality of life goes to hell just because the sociopaths that represent the owners of the national economic podium don't want to cede an inch to anybody below them under any circumstance. The plutonomy doesn't like that kind of "freebie" for the proletariat. I mean you know, now they start affording stuff below us and we just can't have that. Humans are petty that way. So let's keep em down, keep my labor costs down and let the foreign winners of globalization effectively gentrify the major metro areas of the Country and displace our native population. And when stuff gets "favela real" like in Brasil, let's do like Pontius Pilatus and walk away with your multi-national parachute arguing we had nothing to do with a country of 320 million going up in flames socially. We've hung people from light posts in the past for less, under treason statutes. This present behavior would be a straight up layup to frame in that same light, is all I'm gonna say about that.

If we can get enough of a political capital for the interest of what I call the "velocity of money" socioeconomic classes in America, I think we can right this ship. Employment is also much more than numbers, there are major second tier effects to employment on the population at-large. That notion is really basic governance, hardly a radical idea..

..But man do we hate the proletariat in this Country. Some of that very hatred coming from within the very disenfranchised middle and low class affected by it, as they cheerlead for economic policies that marginalize them under the trojan horse of agreeing with partisan hackery positions on social issue platforms that don't put food on the table. That's why my approach to this topic is fundamentally non-partisan. Neither political entity in the rigged binary system really has the willingness to address the grievances of the "velocity of money" class in this Country with any legitimacy.

The presidential election is also a distraction. Just call it the 1964 election and relax about the irrelevant pageant already. Nothing new and nothing's gonna change fundamentally. The xenophobia of the typical blue collar white American displaced worker is an interesting historical dynamic for the books, but in the end is just a mere distraction from the problem at-large, which affects all races within the lower socioeconomic classes. If we were a Country of 10 million, no big deal. But we are a BIG Country, thence this disregard for the plight of the globalization-marginalized (pretty much all of us W2 wage slaves, to varying degrees, time lines, and vocations) is unnecessarily irresponsible.

It IS possible to address the snake hump of the Baby Boomers and their much anticipated death, without torching the whole thing in the process. But it requires making velocity of money a National Priority. But you don't get there by pandering to the plutonomy. You gotta release your "cost of living Plus" socioeconomic class to the wage inflation and spending race. That includes re-training them, yes, and giving them a tax cut on the only thing they own (their labor value), whilst telling the upper class to knock-it-off with the baby behavior. You wanna play aristocracy in clean water america? Pay for it ya non-velocity of money hoarder sociopath. Otherwise go HQ in Nigeria and good luck redressing your grievances when the streets collapse yearly or the government decides to freeze your cash just because some African-fanatical social issue ensued or they need the bribe petty cash. But this whole two-faced dynamic of being American when you wanna go shopping in luxury and personal security or someone wants to kill you abroad, but acting foreigner when it comes to paying taxes or paying american payroll, that treasonous duality needs to get eviscerated from our social fabric.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:00 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Didn't trump say he didn't pay federal income taxes through some loopholes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
NOL carryover, not a loophole.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
What, do you believe a NOL carryover IS a loophole?

Old 10-26-2016, 04:13 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,213,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
What, do you believe a NOL carryover IS a loophole?
I believe there was a lot of "interesting" accounting to get that big a write off. I believe a lot of innoscent people were hurt when he got it.

Old 10-26-2016, 06:27 AM

564 posts, read 873,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
I believe there was a lot of "interesting" accounting to get that big a write off. I believe a lot of innoscent people were hurt when he got it.
And you base that on what set of facts?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:03 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
While you may feel more things need to run through the public sector versus private, I think others would differ.
I also think others would differ.. The point is still that we are near the borrom of the list among developed economies in utilizing public sector production. What is it that all these other people understand that we don't?

Old 10-26-2016, 07:11 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,015,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
Based on his comments, it seems he was a food service worker at various government facilities.
I was simply at a high enough level to know and work with those at high levels in places such as the Fed and CIA. I could go on of course, but the point has already been made, even to those who can only sit and deny it.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:18 AM

564 posts, read 873,126 times
Quote:
I also think others would differ.. The point is still that we are near the borrom of the list among developed economies in utilizing public sector production. What is it that all these other people understand that we don't?
So what if other countries rely more on the government. We live in a country that has decided otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates