Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2016, 09:42 AM

810 posts, read 667,098 times

Advertisements

This is coming from a guy's perspective and I've always been curious about it. Basically it starts when a girl on Facebook/Istagram posts a sexy photo of themselves, most likely a selfie. For the purpose of this debate let's say she's at least college aged or older. Maybe a girl's night picture in a revealing dress or "boobs-in-your-face" bikini shot at the beach. Within minutes there are 10 replies and a ton of "likes".
They range from "ooh girl that butt!!" to "SEXXAYYY!!!" to "OMG sooo hot!" They all have one thing in common: all of them are females. These replies are always welcome and normally met with pleasure.

If a male were to comment with something similar he would be labeled "Creepy" or "perverted". Would this not be considered sexist? It's as if that's taboo and males are expected to sit on their hands. I realize they may be fishing for attention but a lot of them are wives and girlfriends. Why post these kinds of photos where other husbands, dads, boyfriends can see unless their attention is what you REALLY after in the first place. Really interested in hearing from women that do this. Examples below: discuss

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2016, 11:32 AM

24,471 posts, read 17,207,356 times
Most women know exactly what they are doing when they pose for and post sexy photos yet for some reason they do get upset if anyone other than their target audience makes a comment. I think it is dumb and inappropriate to post photos like that at all.

My nieces (through marriage) who are now 21 to 29 have been posting photos of themselves for years and they are all very pretty girls that like to wear tight revealing clothes and think nothing of posing in bikinis. They always get many likes and comments but I don't respond due to the "creepy" factor.

I think most women dress for each other with the thought that they might bump into Mr Right or Mr Right Now but if anyone else notices that doesn't fit the Prince Charming mold the woman gets upset.
You can see this in affect at a night club.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:15 PM

1,995 posts, read 2,075,898 times
No, its hormones, and you shouldn't be looking at it or responding like a female. So when you do, and you post something like this, it is creepy.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Most women know exactly what they are doing when they pose for and post sexy photos yet for some reason they do get upset if anyone other than their target audience makes a comment. I think it is dumb and inappropriate to post photos like that at all.

My nieces (through marriage) who are now 21 to 29 have been posting photos of themselves for years and they are all very pretty girls that like to wear tight revealing clothes and think nothing of posing in bikinis. They always get many likes and comments but I don't respond due to the "creepy" factor.

I think most women dress for each other with the thought that they might bump into Mr Right or Mr Right Now but if anyone else notices that doesn't fit the Prince Charming mold the woman gets upset.
You can see this in affect at a night club.
I agree for the most part... the two posted photos BTW are both married women with young kids. Like you, I say absolutely NOTHING for fear it will be the first thing my friends see in their feeds:

PERVY PERVERSON LIKED A PHOTO!!!! haha

Old 09-28-2016, 12:29 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
If a male were to comment with something similar he would be labeled "Creepy" or "perverted". Would this not be considered sexist? It's as if that's taboo and males are expected to sit on their hands. I realize they may be fishing for attention but a lot of them are wives and girlfriends. Why post these kinds of photos where other husbands, dads, boyfriends can see unless their attention is what you REALLY after in the first place. Really interested in hearing from women that do this. Examples below: discuss
Who is labeling males creepy for the same type comments? How do you know this? Can you post actual FB post where this happens?
I do not post pics but I have friends who do though not near as reveling as your examples. They get the your sexy, Hot....blah blah comments by males and females alike.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:25 PM

29,739 posts, read 34,362,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I do not post pics but I have friends who do though not near as reveling as your examples. They get the your sexy, Hot....blah blah comments by males and females alike.
My circle of friends never posts the sexy selfie type pictures on social media. When I see pictures like that, it's because one or two former (male) coworkers who are FB friends have liked on commented on them and they show up on my feed. The women who post them know exactly what they're doing, i.e. fishing for compliments.

Old 09-28-2016, 02:19 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,833,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
My circle of friends never posts the sexy selfie type pictures on social media. When I see pictures like that, it's because one or two former (male) coworkers who are FB friends have liked on commented on them and they show up on my feed. The women who post them know exactly what they're doing, i.e. fishing for compliments.
Of course they are even when they are no where as reveling as the ones given as examples.
Still I've never seen remarks that men are creeps when they comment on such pictures.

Old 09-28-2016, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Who is labeling males creepy for the same type comments? How do you know this? Can you post actual FB post where this happens?
had the perfect example from about 3 weeks ago but can't find it for the life of me. a guy posted something along the lines of "sooo sexy!" He appeared to be at least 10 years older than her, slightly overweight, receding hairline, you get the idea... probably the kinda dude that would be invisible to her at a club. The next reply was from one of her friends; "ew creepy" then someone said "LOL" and nobody posted anything further. I don't know how he was associated to his girl but I just kinda felt bad for the guy

Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 PM

yea I know. I have a friend that's slightly overweight with big boobs. She ALWAYS takes selfies at this "perfect" angle right over her head that makes her look like Kate Upton every time.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:09 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
This is coming from a guy's perspective and I've always been curious about it. Basically it starts when a girl on Facebook/Istagram posts a sexy photo of themselves, most likely a selfie. For the purpose of this debate let's say she's at least college aged or older. Maybe a girl's night picture in a revealing dress or "boobs-in-your-face" bikini shot at the beach. Within minutes there are 10 replies and a ton of "likes".
They range from "ooh girl that butt!!" to "SEXXAYYY!!!" to "OMG sooo hot!" They all have one thing in common: all of them are females. These replies are always welcome and normally met with pleasure.

Of course they're sexist. They might also be racist, ageist, and any other -ist you can think of in this ridiculously PC world we live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates