Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 11:49 AM

9,512 posts, read 6,093,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
I'm not at all against it! It's probably the real reason God put it in the world.

I try to follow the guidelines of the Bible, which advises us to remain sober. I've spent many a day (year) NOT sober and cannabis had a lot (everything) to do with that. I just don't want to get high any more. I'm really enjoying my life as-is.

Oh, and my youngest son suffered/suffers from Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Anyone who says it has no harmful effects is wrong.
Wow! That is intersting & a new one on me! I didn't look it up but am assuming from the diagnosis that it means that he experiences severe vomiting from exposure to Cannabis?

That goes to show that not everything is for everybody, as cannabis can be highly effective for treating the loss of appetite & vomiting associated with chemo for cancer patients. But I believe it; I've heard of patients that were allergic to Benadryl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 11:56 AM

3,040 posts, read 4,998,605 times
I'm for the legalization of drugs, however, you and you alone are responsible for what you put in your body. You and you lone are responsible for your actions. In todays world we all know the consequences of addiction no matter what your addicted to, so the choice is yours to make. I'm a firm believer that ones choices are completely theirs to own, don't expect society to be held responsible for the choices you make.

Old 10-02-2016, 02:17 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
Yes, they should legalize pot.

Anyone with addiction issues is going to head to stronger drugs whether it is legal or not.

Legalizing drugs will cut down on the drug cartels.

Old 10-03-2016, 06:23 AM
eok

6,684 posts, read 4,247,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
Legalizing drugs will cut down on the drug cartels.
Yes, that's a very important reason to legalize them. But we need some way to make sure people under the influence are never in public. People who aren't under the influence should have a right to walk free among the general public and have reasonable confidence that they aren't going to be victims of crimes committed by people who are under the influence. If you can't walk free among the general public, because too many of them are under the influence of something, how is that different than fascism? Should people stay home, afraid to go out? Don't they have a constitutional right to freedom? Can't they travel by freeway at will, without worrying about getting into accidents caused by drug addicts?

Old 10-03-2016, 08:28 PM

357 posts, read 222,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I love the term "recreational drugs". It makes it sound like your going to spend the day at the beach, instead of putting poison in your body, LOL.
No just drink some alcohol instead - thats not poison now is it ?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:34 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eok View Post
Yes, that's a very important reason to legalize them. But we need some way to make sure people under the influence are never in public. People who aren't under the influence should have a right to walk free among the general public and have reasonable confidence that they aren't going to be victims of crimes committed by people who are under the influence. If you can't walk free among the general public, because too many of them are under the influence of something, how is that different than fascism? Should people stay home, afraid to go out? Don't they have a constitutional right to freedom? Can't they travel by freeway at will, without worrying about getting into accidents caused by drug addicts?
Is this a joke?
Do you know how many people are out in public buzzed by booze? How many 65+ year olds are driving and walking around in Florida on heavy doses of pain killers? How many "regular people" are on constant doses of librium, valium and all the other tranquilizers?

It really sounds like you don't understand reality. Let me assure you that a very large percentage of the public that you meet are "on" something or another.

I'm serious - are you kidding with these statements? Do you think those seniors buzzed out on pain killers are more likely to commit crimes? How about those mom's stressed out and on valium?

Are all those rich white boy stoners likely to rob me?

Old 10-05-2016, 04:18 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
I'd feel safer among those who are buzzed on cannabis than people who are drunk, coked up, whacked out on meth, nodding out on painkillers or jonesing for their next heroin fix.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 10-05-2016 at 04:26 PM..

Old 10-05-2016, 08:18 PM

5,349 posts, read 5,123,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Is this a joke?
Do you know how many people are out in public buzzed by booze? How many 65+ year olds are driving and walking around in Florida on heavy doses of pain killers? How many "regular people" are on constant doses of librium, valium and all the other tranquilizers?

It really sounds like you don't understand reality. Let me assure you that a very large percentage of the public that you meet are "on" something or another.

I'm serious - are you kidding with these statements? Do you think those seniors buzzed out on pain killers are more likely to commit crimes? How about those mom's stressed out and on valium?

Are all those rich white boy stoners likely to rob me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
I'd feel safer among those who are buzzed on cannabis than people who are drunk, coked up, whacked out on meth, nodding out on painkillers or jonesing for their next heroin fix.
I'm pretty sure none of us could distinguish people who are on opiates if we saw them in public. Really, the only thing that would set them apart is dozing off, and that only happens if they are taking way too much.

I can tell cannabis users by their speech, motion, and forgetfulness, but they aren't threatening. Really, the only drug users that scare me, except for hopeless addicts in need of a fix, are alcohol users when they get rowdy.

Old 10-06-2016, 09:35 AM

862 posts, read 1,196,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post

I can tell cannabis users by their speech, motion, and forgetfulness, but they aren't threatening. Really, the only drug users that scare me, except for hopeless addicts in need of a fix, are alcohol users when they get rowdy.

Actually I can handle rowdy alcohol users if they are at a bar since that is what those bouncers and security are used for now drunk driving..yes that does scare me. What scares me even more are those who take meds for their mental illness and does not follow their doctors orders. Talking about those people who I have seen in stores screaming at the top of their lungs such things as "JESUS CHRIST", "GOD DAMN IT" or dropping the F word every other minute. Now I know that there are millions of people who do have mental illness and do follow their doctor's orders when it comes to taking their meds. Not talking about them but rather those such as that young woman at the supermarket a few years ago who slammed her fist busting out a window in my car and started to slap herself across her face hard enough that she broke her own nose !! According to the police report against her own doctor's advice she cut back on her bi-polar meds because she wanted to have sex with her boyfriend and such meds made it impossible for her to be in the mood. I still don't know why she targeted my car and neither did the police for that matter. Those people scare me far more than any rowdy drunk or anyone high on cannabis ever could.

Old 10-09-2016, 08:13 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
I believe that anything that is very enjoyable, can become a problem in someone's life when it starts to control them.....eventually it could lead to addiction to the substance in question.

Marijuana is probably something that if used, should be used cautiously and with strict-limits on
the frequency and amount used.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates