Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2016, 05:53 AM

578 posts, read 458,699 times

Advertisements

What I mean is,their should be laws were a so called "victim" if they CONFESS and LIED about a crime they should face prison time. To explain let me use a example lets a say a young college kid is accused of rape,but later on the woman(their is alot of them) admitted and LIED she made the story up why doesn't that person who lies face any charges? What about the young men who sleep with a underrage teenage girl BUT the girl LIED and said she was an adult,shouldn't she be facing charges? Heck we charge 16 year olds as adults,if they LIE to someone about their age they should face prison time. Lets cut the political correct ways trump showed us how easily people can lie and face no consquences. Its time for where if YOU report a crime and later ADMIT you LIED,you should be charged with a felony and be charged with the crime you accuse that person off.Their many victims to our criminal justice system and its time for EVERYONE to get justice. Even cops,da all those who lie need to face consquences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2016, 07:19 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
What bothers me is how kindly we treat rapists and murderers even when they admit their crimes. They are allowed to have a trial and near endless appeals while their victims recover or decompose 6 feet under. The victims are so often forgotten by the courts, media and public while the criminals get reduced sentences due to prison overcrowding or liberal judges.

Since you brought politics into this discussion I would add that Hillary was caught on tape lying to the FBI and Congress about her illegal server, emails and destroying evidence. We all saw it and knew it and if any of us had done half of what she did we would be in jail but she almost won the election!

There should be consequences for people who lie about a crime.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:27 AM

5,273 posts, read 14,545,143 times
No offense OP, but that was one of the most disjointed posts I've seen in some time. But I think I got it.

The law does punish those who knowingly falsify things leading to a criminal case. Perhaps it isn't used as much as it should be as it's usually found out early enough to do any real damage. Also, people who falsely accuse or testify are subject to civil law.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:36 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,018,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There should be consequences for people who lie about a crime.
How far do you want to take that? Does "I am not a crook" qualify for anything in your brave new world? How about claims made in the press by authors who had not themselves established the truth of a claim?

Old 11-14-2016, 06:49 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,995,916 times
There ARE laws against criminals...it's simply up to the "powers that be" to ENFORCE them! We have immigration laws...they aren't being enforced. We have laws against treason...again, not enforced.. Apparently, it depends who's in power, whether a law is taken seriously.
This will change in about 2 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates