Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 10:21 AM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
I stand corrected, he's in the process of getting nominated. Poor wording on my part. Selecting him as the DNC Chairman will be the slap in the face to the White and especially Jewish democrats and independents.
NO, he is not in the process of being nominated he is competing for the position. And you know what, the only people who should be worried about this are democrats and they are perfectly capable of speaking out, they don't need your help or your sympathy.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:32 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,014,681 times
Quote:
Try to find a comment section for most of CNN articles. If the left tolerate other points of view, why are they so opposed to letting people leave comments ?
Are you saying that they don't allow comments at all, or that they somehow keep comments like yours from appearing? If the former, I applaud them.

Quote:
And your definition above is perfect as applied to the Left. It's Bill Clinton who signed NAFTA, Hillary and Obama who've been pushing TPP and TTIP. Trump ran on an anti-Free-trade platform. Looks like you've been too busy reading propaganda talking points to notice.
Bush-41 was the author of NAFTA. It was he who signed it in December 1992, thereby sending it on for Congressional ratification in which more Republicans voted in favor of it than Democrats.

Opponents of free trade have meanwhile never taken a course in international economics. Trump's primary appeal on this and many other issues was to disappointed under-achievers, low-brows, and misfits.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:35 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
NO, he is not in the process of being nominated he is competing for the position. And you know what, the only people who should be worried about this are democrats and they are perfectly capable of speaking out, they don't need your help or your sympathy.
With all due respect, I don't need your permission, either. It's still a free country, I will talk about things as I see fit. The Democrats seem incapable of realizing why they lost. They keep blaming racist sexist mysoginist redneck deplorables while it was their own party that alienated a very large segment of population. There's only four states left that have a Democratic governor and Democrat controlled House. Four out of fifty. This should tell them something.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:40 AM

2,851 posts, read 2,299,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Are you saying that they don't allow comments at all, or that they somehow keep comments like yours from appearing? If the former, I applaud them.
You've just proven my point. Nothing I said was ever beyond the pale of a reasonable discussion, yet you just admitted you'd silence me if you could. A typical Leftist thinking.

Quote:
Bush-41 was the author of NAFTA. It was he who signed it in December 1992, thereby sending it on for Congressional ratification in which more Republicans voted in favor of it than Democrats.

Opponents of free trade have meanwhile never taken a course in international economics. Trump's primary appeal on this and many other issues was to disappointed under-achievers, low-brows, and misfits.
Any sane professor of economics will tell you that free trade in which only one side gets to manipulate it's currency, use slave labor, illegal dumping practices, and a whole specter of laws and tariffs protecting it's internal market, is neither free nor fair.

Old 11-26-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Well, I said I'm white!
Congratulations then on your whiteness. You could indeed be among the types of whites that I and many of my fellow whites are insensitive to, although not because they are white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Tell me, do you use terms like "white trash", "trailer trash", "hillbilly", etc? I think those terms are pretty offensive as well.
Sometimes I have used those terms and other terms like them. If the shoe fits and all. But you really can't complain about any of that unless and until your are prepared to speak out for some inviolate form of Political Correctness. When should we expect that to happen?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Tell this to the Democrats whose propaganda made martyrs out of criminals and deliberately stirred up racial tensions to the breaking point for years. Your hypocrisy is astounding.
I loved your examples, but don't bother backtracking. I'm already familiar with the standard defects in FOX News logic. In the real world of course, the right-wing is the home of both the born-followers and the authoritarian demagogues desperately yearning to lead them,. Over on the left, there are herds of cats. They are all independent thinkers and resistant to direction from above.

Quote:
Oh, and by the way, I am half-Jewish and have dual Master's degrees. Most of my friends and colleagues voted for Trump - although not enthusiastically.
That and about five dollars will get you a grande Teavana® Oprah Cinnamon Chai Tea Latte.

Quote:
Don't generalize.
You mean IN GENERAL, don't generalize. As someone with dual Masters degrees ought to know, generalizing in specific instances can be a very powerful tool.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
You've just proven my point. Nothing I said was ever beyond the pale of a reasonable discussion, yet you just admitted you'd silence me if you could. A typical Leftist thinking.
Both of your Master's degrees have failed you in spectaculsr fadhion. I applauded a potential refusal to permit a Comments section at all.

Quote:
Any sane professor of economics will tell you that free trade in which only one side gets to manipulate it's currency, use slave labor, illegal dumping practices, and a whole specter of laws and tariffs protecting it's internal market, is neither free nor fair.
What YOU mean by "sane" above might well be seen by others as "whackjob nutcase isolationist right-wing lame-brain" instead. It's all in the biases one brings to the table.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:03 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Quote:
Congratulations then on your whiteness. You could indeed be among the types of whites that I and many of my fellow whites are insensitive to, although not because they are white.

Sometimes I have used those terms and other terms like them. If the shoe fits and all. But you really can't complain about any of that unless and until your are prepared to speak out for some inviolate form of Political Correctness. When should we expect that to happen?
So you think it's fine to call a person "trash". Good For You!

Old 11-26-2016, 12:41 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Nope, keep trying. Breibart was a Jewish conservative, not a New-Nazi. Shall I quote Farrakhan for you ?
I'm as familiar with him as you are.

Both are inappropriate role models in America.

Old 11-26-2016, 12:42 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That is silly, you are trying to make a big deal out of something in order to try to turn Keith Ellison into some kind of radical muslim jihadist and I doubt if you even believe that yourself
That's because some of our posters thrive on guilt by association.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates