Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 02:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,207,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Please explain the "meanness" that you accuse me of. Could it be that you are just another over sensitive snowflake?
I'm starting to think the term snowflake is used by people who want an excuse to be abrasive.

Pettiness does not influence federal law, at least in a civilized society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2016, 04:00 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,454,906 times
Quote:
Please explain the "meanness" that you accuse me of. Could it be that you are just another over sensitive snowflake?
Your comment, above, is directed at another poster, but I have definitely formed the opinion that you are a mean person. You call people "snowflakes" if they aren't on your Trumpie side of the issue, and beneath your screen name you have added "CLINTON CA$H > RICO BILLARY!". That is mean and your comments in support of Trump are ridiculous.

IF he makes it into the office of President, he will likely be a worse president than Richard Nixon. I already think he is significantly more dangerous than Tricky Dick.

Look at his old white guy cabinet of fellow business people. Most of them have no clue, and many were chosen (and one not chosen) based on their compliments of Trump. He is an egomaniac and he is in bed with Vladimir Putin, and so is his Secretary of State.

He is so vile, and appears to have such a low IQ, I just cannot understand how anyone but the most naive and most misogynistic voted for him.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:25 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,975,888 times
Pardons are for criminals..... so what do you think?

Old 12-17-2016, 01:34 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
This is another good example

Old 12-17-2016, 06:36 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Quote:
My post was directed toward the people who were in anguish and uncontrollable tears over Hillary's loss. I actually feel sorry for them to some extent. I even tried to console one, but she ran out of the room screaming at me, because I dared to try and show her some information that described the reasons why HRC lost. These are the kind of people that I call snowflakes, and who need to get educated in history, or at the very least some form of therapy. She probably went through her early years getting trophies for showing up and never had to face losing a game before. I didn't dare discuss anything more with her for fear I would get charged with creating a difficult situation in her workplace, where I happened to interact with her. Sad.
Your interactions with your co-worker have nothing to do with whether or not Clinton should receive a pardon. Federal pardons don't get granted based on some random person's sense of self-righteousness.
I'm with Cruzincat on this one, and only folded the two posts together to show that this attitude is Exhibit "A" for what's wrong with the "snowflake" crowd.

First of all, I voted for HRC. I have posted extensively that I didn't respect Trump's bullying and his feeding into racist sentiment. But now onto the merits of Cruzincat's post.

At my synagogue, my Rabbi held a working session on November 9, 2016 in late afternoon for people who were upset by the Trump victory. I attended, more to play a constructive role calming the waters than out of personal upset. On entry, I saw a rather well-to-do woman (who wasn't personally going to be ruined by any possible Trump policies crying her head off. Similarly, I attempted to say that it's an election and the U.S. Constitution and courts have a plethora of ways to ensure that the country as we know it isn't going to fall apart. While she didn't go screaming from the room sh was unreceptive to any reason, or from being pulled off the ledge. Unfortunately, even tha teffort to exercise moderate reason blew up a few close acquaintanceships as that temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
I'm starting to think the term snowflake is used by people who want an excuse to be abrasive.

Pettiness does not influence federal law, at least in a civilized society.
To me a "snowflake" is a person that does not feel safe having rational debate. A snowflake is afraid of arguing facts and retreats to emotions. Various topics are not open even to discussion much less contrary points of view.

Last edited by jbgusa; 12-17-2016 at 06:51 PM..

Old 12-18-2016, 08:17 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I'm with Cruzincat on this one, and only folded the two posts together to show that this attitude is Exhibit "A" for what's wrong with the "snowflake" crowd.

First of all, I voted for HRC. I have posted extensively that I didn't respect Trump's bullying and his feeding into racist sentiment. But now onto the merits of Cruzincat's post.

At my synagogue, my Rabbi held a working session on November 9, 2016 in late afternoon for people who were upset by the Trump victory. I attended, more to play a constructive role calming the waters than out of personal upset. On entry, I saw a rather well-to-do woman (who wasn't personally going to be ruined by any possible Trump policies crying her head off. Similarly, I attempted to say that it's an election and the U.S. Constitution and courts have a plethora of ways to ensure that the country as we know it isn't going to fall apart. While she didn't go screaming from the room sh was unreceptive to any reason, or from being pulled off the ledge. Unfortunately, even tha teffort to exercise moderate reason blew up a few close acquaintanceships as that temple.To me a "snowflake" is a person that does not feel safe having rational debate. A snowflake is afraid of arguing facts and retreats to emotions. Various topics are not open even to discussion much less contrary points of view.
I think I inadvertently created a way to determine who the snowflakes are in this thread, at least, by watching to see who wants to shut down the conversation.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I think I inadvertently created a way to determine who the snowflakes are in this thread, at least, by watching to see who wants to shut down the conversation.
Snowflakes sure have that talent. And they're not all young. At a Thanksgiving dinner a high school teacher who is roughly my age, at the time about 55, started screaming at me when I said I didn't believe in global warming. The conversation had a quick end since the family didn't want a family dinner ruined by what sounded like a cat in heat.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:37 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,084,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Snowflakes sure have that talent. And they're not all young. At a Thanksgiving dinner a high school teacher who is roughly my age, at the time about 55, started screaming at me when I said I didn't believe in global warming. The conversation had a quick end since the family didn't want a family dinner ruined by what sounded like a cat in heat.
That is, unfortunately, how they win. Although, they lose a lot of respect in the process.

Old 12-18-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
That is, unfortunately, how they win. Although, they lose a lot of respect in the process.
The mistake is letting them win that way. I'd frankly rather they either went home crying, or gave their views some serious thought. I was once a staunch liberal. That started to change with the 1972 Olympic Massacre when many liberal politicians shaded their condemnation of what was an obvious atrocity to say they "understood" the "Palestinian's anger" or words to that effect. And what was the atrocity; making primary targets of and killing athletes who had nothing to do with the alleged "struggle."

Old 12-19-2016, 09:38 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,017,738 times
Let's face it. When you take up what is plainly the losing end of a proposition, those who oppose you are going to win out in the end regardless of what childish words you try to attach to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates