Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 01:11 PM

4,224 posts, read 3,017,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janster100 View Post
Here is the story from an NBC affiliate. Hardly a hard-right source. It says the same thing.
That they didn't vote IN OREGON!!! That's my point.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:32 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Just hearing about this Soros guy...an associate of mine mentioned him being a difficulty a couple of years ago...But I really did not know who he was.

I found a picture of this man and from that image it said a lot. That he was a billionaire - who was this withered skeletal over aging man who was on the door step of the great beyond...who was at the very end of his life....only a pig would want to rule the world from his grave...what is it to him? He is done...he had a life -now get lost.

He reminds me of a super warped and eccentric Howard Hughes or worse....MISTER BURNS from the Simpsons. I wonder how many heart transplants this old vampire has had?

If respect is the transfer of power...this fermented piece of beef jerky has no respect for anyone or thing.
These old guys most certainly have successors, I have heard Soros successor is much worse than himself.

If we don't flush these guys out (the young successors) and get rid of them soon they will be able to completely destroy this country.

Old 11-16-2016, 01:35 PM

74 posts, read 80,378 times
I blame stupid, unenlightened, ignorant millennial's by and large. They are just stupid...not all of them mind you, just the ones we see speaking on TV and in protest. Watching news reports where they have been interviewed is scary to say the least; I blame the liberal indoctrination they receive in school, and what they see on TV...but, on the flip side...they're the future and its their country now...so they can have it as far as I'm concerned...hopefully I'll be dead and gone from these happy hunting grounds before anything they do can get a foothold.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:17 PM

564 posts, read 873,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
That they didn't vote IN OREGON!!! That's my point.
So then you are assuming that these peopl who are from Oregon, go to school in another state, but then come back to Portland (while school is still in session) to protest in Oregon? That is what you would have to believe based on the previous post you made. How likely do you believe that this would be the case?

Old 11-16-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
So then you are assuming that they go to school in another state, but then come back to Portland (while school is still in session) to protest in Oregon?
I'm stating that having not voted IN OREGON -- which is what was reported -- is not the same thing as having not voted -- which is what was claimed here.

Old 11-16-2016, 02:38 PM

564 posts, read 873,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
I'm stating that having not voted IN OREGON -- which is what was reported -- is not the same thing as having not voted -- which is what was claimed here.
Here is what you said:

"Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Your hard-right sources only confirm what I had suggested earlier -- that what was meant was that many people arrested in Portland had not voted IN OREGON. This is a weasel-point in a world full of students who vote by absentee ballot. Point raised and now confirmed."

So then, to believe your comment, they would have had to have been from another state, yet 89 of the 112 listed OREGON addresses, with seven listing Washington.

It seems you are the one with the weasel-point.

If you have an issue with this perhaps you can take it up with that ultra right wing source known as NBC.

Old 11-16-2016, 03:23 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
These old guys most certainly have successors, I have heard Soros successor is much worse than himself.

If we don't flush these guys out (the young successors) and get rid of them soon they will be able to completely destroy this country.

Me thinks you (and most of America) need to do a little research on who George Soros is before making such inane comments.

For starters, he made Billions running a US hedge fund.

I believe he was directly affected by the holocaust, which affects his view of people, like Trump, who would restrict our freedoms.

But you can do the research and let us know.

Beyond all of that, I believe this nonsense of him directly orchestrating demonstrations is completely overblown by an ignorant press. But, give me the name of one person who he directly contacted and asked if they would protest to protect our freedoms since the election and I am willing to consider changing my mind.

DONT BE A TRUMP. DO YOUR OWN THINKING!

Old 11-16-2016, 03:46 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Me thinks you (and most of America) need to do a little research on who George Soros is before making such inane comments.

I believe he was directly affected by the holocaust, which affects his view of people, like Trump, who would restrict our freedoms.

Beyond all of that, I believe this nonsense of him directly orchestrating demonstrations is completely overblown by an ignorant press. But, give me the name of one person who he directly contacted and asked if they would protest to protect our freedoms since the election and I am willing to consider changing my mind.

Yeah he was affected by the holocaust alright. He was a nazi collaborator who helped to confiscate property from the Jews being sent to the death camps.

Here is the relevant portion of the transcript (from the 20 December 1998 broadcast of 60 Minutes):

Quote:
KROFT: (Voiceover) To understand the complexities and contradictions in his personality, you have to go back to the very beginning: to Budapest, where George Soros was born 68 years ago to parents who were wealthy, well-educated and Jewish.

When the Nazis occupied Budapest in 1944, George Soros' father was a successful lawyer. He lived on an island in the Danube and liked to commute to work in a rowboat. But knowing there were problems ahead for the Jews, he decided to split his family up. He bought them forged papers and he bribed a government official to take 14-year-old George Soros in and swear that he was his Christian godson. But survival carried a heavy price tag. While hundreds of thousands of Hungarian Jews were being shipped off to the death camps, George Soros accompanied his phony godfather on his appointed rounds, confiscating property from the Jews.

(Vintage footage of Jews walking in line; man dragging little boy in line)

KROFT: (Voiceover) These are pictures from 1944 of what happened to George Soros' friends and neighbors.

(Vintage footage of women and men with bags over their shoulders walking; crowd by a train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) You're a Hungarian Jew...

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

KROFT: (Voiceover) ...who escaped the Holocaust...

(Vintage footage of women walking by train)

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Mm-hmm.

(Vintage footage of people getting on train)

KROFT: (Voiceover) ... by -- by posing as a Christian.

Mr. SOROS: (Voiceover) Right.

(Vintage footage of women helping each other get on train; train door closing with people in boxcar)

KROFT: (Voiceover) And you watched lots of people get shipped off to the death camps.

Mr. SOROS: Right. I was 14 years old. And I would say that that's when my character was made.

KROFT: In what way?

Mr. SOROS: That one should think ahead. One should understand and -- and anticipate events and when -- when one is threatened. It was a tremendous threat of evil. I mean, it was a -- a very personal experience of evil.

KROFT: My understanding is that you went out with this protector of yours who swore that you were his adopted godson.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. Yes.

KROFT: Went out, in fact, and helped in the confiscation of property from the Jews.

Mr. SOROS: Yes. That's right. Yes.

KROFT: I mean, that's -- that sounds like an experience that would send lots of people to the psychiatric couch for many, many years. Was it difficult?

Mr. SOROS: Not -- not at all. Not at all. Maybe as a child you don't -- you don't see the connection. But it was -- it created no -- no problem at all.

KROFT: No feeling of guilt?

Mr. SOROS: No.

KROFT: For example that, 'I'm Jewish and here I am, watching these people go. I could just as easily be there. I should be there.' None of that?

Mr. SOROS: Well, of course I c -- I could be on the other side or I could be the one from whom the thing is being taken away. But there was no sense that I shouldn't be there, because that was -- well, actually, in a funny way, it's just like in markets -- that if I weren't there -- of course, I wasn't doing it, but somebody else would -- would -- would be taking it away anyhow. And it was the -- whether I was there or not, I was only a spectator, the property was being taken away. So the -- I had no role in taking away that property. So I had no sense of guilt.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:06 PM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post

I suppose that's fair enough, however the issue is there are only so many hours in a day and the real dirt (if there is any) is not going to be right on a wiki page. Wiki leaks hackers have to spend their lives learning to break into highly secure systems (for the most part) and disseminate information.

however, its not hard to read between the lines that when someone has managed to accumulate more than 5-10 million bucks in their life time there is for sure shenanigans going on because no one human being no matter how smart strong or talented creates that much value by themselves unless they fleeced someone else along the way. The fact that he has control of tremendous capital and is on the opposing side makes him a natural enemy of freedom and the constitution of the USA.

Some of the details of his dealings may be exaggerated but I respect Michael savage and his research and he does not have nice things to say about soros so why should I give him the bennifit of the doubt when soros has managed to get himself in the cross hairs of conservatives on multiple accounts. You don't see that happening with other prominent rich people ...

Is he just a fall guy ... doubtful since he controls massive capital resources so there has to be elements of truth to it all.

Old 11-16-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Here is what you said:
The reporting is all the same. I've explained the problems with it as against what was posted here half a dozen times now. There will be no more. Those who have missed the point are on their own from here on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates