U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 04:50 PM

386 posts, read 1,500,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHereWeCome View Post
What are the laws in Colorado regarding Marijuana?
Is there a certain amount you are allowed to have on you?
I heard in the past that it was "legal" in Colorado but have found that very hard to believe, is it legal medically?
It's illegal wherever you are and no matter how much you have. The city of Denver passed a few meaningless amendments which garnered far too much national attention. Ignore what you were told. You'll be committing a serious crime if you choose to use pot in Colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 05:10 PM

2,864 posts, read 7,096,377 times
Or just do it and take your chances anyway.

I don't smoke it, but I say legalize it.

I'd rather soemone be driving high, than driving drunk any day.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:30 PM

5,113 posts, read 17,028,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post

I'd rather soemone be driving high, than driving drunk any day.
because you have to pick one or the other? both delay reaction times, why would we want either? its illegal to drive under the influence of either past a certain point anyways

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM

True, and many of you may not beleive me, but as a former HEAVY pot smoker(notice I said former, it's been 10 years now) It's not that difficult to drive under the influence of marijuana. It doesn't mess with your balance and equilibrium like alcohol does. I used to drive high all the time, and I've even been pulled over a couple times , higher than a kite, and the officers had no idea. It was just cause I had a burnt out tailight or soemthing.

How many people do you hear about crashing cars while high on weed? Probably slim to never.

How many drunk drivers kill people every day? thousands.

I'd NEVER drive drunk. EVER.

Say what you will people, but marijuana is NOT a dangerous drug, and should be fully legalized.

Old 03-06-2008, 03:07 AM

1,082 posts, read 4,213,046 times
I think it's funny that anyone should be worried about "delayed reaction times" causing accidents--it's all the speeding by young drivers that cause most of the fatalities, check out the national traffic safety reports on interstate safety.

Maybe we should just slow down.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,513,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
Say what you will people, but marijuana is NOT a dangerous drug, and should be fully legalized.
After a lifetime of agonizing on this I've decided that ALL drugs should be legalized. That is the only way to take the profit out of them and end the narco-traficking that is destroying much of the world's societies. Some people will sadly destroy themselves it is true, just as some do now with alcohol, but it is the only solution to the drug problem. We can't continue as we are. There is so much money and corruption in drug dealing that whole countries are in danger. Look at Laredo, Mexico. How long before that lawlessness crosses the border?

Old 03-07-2008, 07:57 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,651,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
After a lifetime of agonizing on this I've decided that ALL drugs should be legalized. That is the only way to take the profit out of them and end the narco-traficking that is destroying much of the world's societies.
Bullseye. I think druggies are losers...but as I approach my 50s I have changed my mind on legalization. Right now, drug users inflict the costs of their illegal habit on those around them--crime to pay for black-market drugs, violence between competing sellers and on anyone else caught in the crossfire.

I'm now OK with piling cocaine on the street corners. Give oxycodone and fentanyl away at Walgreens. The idiot weaklings that use that crap will kill themselves in short order, and we can expedite them out of the gene pool. Darwin was a smart guy. There are too many seriously ill people that didn't make a conscious choice to make themselves sick...people with cancer, ALS, etc, to bother with having these druggie idiots around.

I'm sick of hearing that drug addiction and alcoholism "is an illness." One doesn't go to the store or the corner to buy an "illness." And if it is an illness, please let it be a terminal one. Addictions are the trademark of the weak and the worthless. To h*ll with them...there's too much real work worthy of our attention to bother with that sort of self-jettisoning flotsam.

We could start with a pickup truck load of coke to Britney and Lindsay's houses and get them on their way to party with Marilyn Monroe. I'll bet we might be able to get Bill to inhale a few times, too. Roger Clemens can push steroids until his pee-pee atrophies and falls off and he can go roll around with Chris Benoit on a hot bed of coals. Whitney Houston can join Janis Joplin and hit the gong around a few more times in a nice warm place. We could help Marion Barry get down with Tupac in the 'hood. I mean think of the possibilities!

Last edited by Bob from down south; 03-07-2008 at 08:06 PM..

Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM

WOW!! 2 times in one day i've heard someone reference Marion Barry!! That's awsome Bob!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:22 PM

604 posts, read 1,050,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
Bullseye. I think druggies are losers...but as I approach my 50s I have changed my mind on legalization. Right now, drug users inflict the costs of their illegal habit on those around them--crime to pay for black-market drugs, violence between competing sellers and on anyone else caught in the crossfire.

I'm now OK with piling cocaine on the street corners. Give oxycodone and fentanyl away at Walgreens. The idiot weaklings that use that crap will kill themselves in short order, and we can expedite them out of the gene pool. Darwin was a smart guy. There are too many seriously ill people that didn't make a conscious choice to make themselves sick...people with cancer, ALS, etc, to bother with having these druggie idiots around.

I'm sick of hearing that drug addiction and alcoholism "is an illness." One doesn't go to the store or the corner to buy an "illness." And if it is an illness, please let it be a terminal one. Addictions are the trademark of the weak and the worthless. To h*ll with them...there's too much real work worthy of our attention to bother with that sort of self-jettisoning flotsam.

We could start with a pickup truck load of coke to Britney and Lindsay's houses and get them on their way to party with Marilyn Monroe. I'll bet we might be able to get Bill to inhale a few times, too. Roger Clemens can push steroids until his pee-pee atrophies and falls off and he can go roll around with Chris Benoit on a hot bed of coals. Whitney Houston can join Janis Joplin and hit the gong around a few more times in a nice warm place. We could help Marion Barry get down with Tupac in the 'hood. I mean think of the possibilities!

"One doesn't go to the store or the corner to buy an "illness." And if it is an illness, please let it be a terminal one. Addictions are the trademark of the weak and the worthless."

Umm, yeah, actually he does. The #1 cause of death in the US is Heart Disease. The most statistically significant contributors to heart disease are 18-20 year olds who are physically inactive and obese. By age 20!!! So yes, one can go to the corner and buy an illness, like cardiovascular disease, which just happens to kill more people than any other disease, condition, illness, or accident. DHDSP - Heart Disease - Facts and Statistics
There's a McDonalds on every corner.

And I would never wish a terminal illness on these folks who made bad decisions regarding health. I would never refer to them as "losers" or "weak and worthless".

But it's pretty much the same addiction. The same illness. It just happens to kill the most people in the US.

Old 03-08-2008, 06:26 AM

2,221 posts, read 4,651,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbledeez View Post
"One doesn't go to the store or the corner to buy an "illness." And if it is an illness, please let it be a terminal one. Addictions are the trademark of the weak and the worthless."

Umm, yeah, actually he does. The #1 cause of death in the US is Heart Disease. The most statistically significant contributors to heart disease are 18-20 year olds who are physically inactive and obese. By age 20!!! So yes, one can go to the corner and buy an illness, like cardiovascular disease, which just happens to kill more people than any other disease, condition, illness, or accident. DHDSP - Heart Disease - Facts and Statistics
There's a McDonalds on every corner.

And I would never wish a terminal illness on these folks who made bad decisions regarding health. I would never refer to them as "losers" or "weak and worthless".

But it's pretty much the same addiction. The same illness. It just happens to kill the most people in the US.
No, sorry, but eating a Big Mac is not the same thing as sticking drugs into your veins or up your nose. Eating is a necessity. A druggie sticking mind-altering crap into his weak, worthless, loser body is not.

But my main point is the same in both cases...if somebody does choose to sit on their ever-expanding a** and eat burgers until they vapor-lock on the couch, they and they alone suffer the life-threatening consequences of their choices--they aren't taking anyone with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or