Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 10:53 PM

137 posts, read 423,581 times

Advertisements

It's stuff like this that makes people hate and mistrust the government. The federal people need to stay the hell out of states business and let these folks who are in pain be helped. The people of Colorado voted to legalize because they realize cannabis can help many people who are suffering. I really don't understand the government. What are these people thinking? It's insanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 11:18 AM

17,924 posts, read 27,329,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmuta View Post
It's stuff like this that makes people hate and mistrust the government. The federal people need to stay the hell out of states business and let these folks who are in pain be helped. The people of Colorado voted to legalize because they realize cannabis can help many people who are suffering. I really don't understand the government. What are these people thinking? It's insanity.
IF, and I want to stress the IF here, THC is all that and a bag of chips-I want that proven.

And yes, this was discussed before in a previous thread and should be sort of tied into this one. Moderator cut: partial cut

As I've ranted in the past, my mom was practically dying in her aftercare from the removal of 1/2 of her lung (the lobe that's on the same side as her heart). She couldn't eat! She was literally starving and in severe pain and almost didn't want to go on. An anonymous nurse (one who was getting good results with eating hash brownies due to a masectomy) was pimping some under-the-table MaryJane. It was sort of up to my brother and I as to whether we'd let her give my mom the stuff to try to increase her appetite. If we gave the approval, it would have been unknown to the doctor. The nurse was putting her job on the line and we were putting our mom's life on the line. It might have worked and it might have not worked. We ultimately decided against it. The bottom line was that if it didn't work, the doc and the hospital would NOT have been liable for the potentially castastrophic result.

As it turned out, my mom also had an undiagnosed case of severe urinary tract infection. Once they fixed that, she got her appetite back. Previously, she had one of her disks removed from her back because of this undiagnosed infection.

She lives today. She is an ex-smoker and she is a walking miracle.

Say what you will about THC. I am skeptical about doctors and people who treat symptoms.

Oh, and about the government; I'm also skeptical about people who put laws into effect at the state level when they know full well in advance that the law change won't be affected at the federal level.

Last edited by jeannie216; 03-26-2008 at 03:05 PM..

Old 03-26-2008, 06:55 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,393,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
IF, and I want to stress the IF here, THC is all that and a bag of chips-I want that proven.

And yes, this was discussed before in a previous thread and should be sort of tied into this one. Moderator cut: partial cut

As I've ranted in the past, my mom was practically dying in her aftercare from the removal of 1/2 of her lung (the lobe that's on the same side as her heart). She couldn't eat! She was literally starving and in severe pain and almost didn't want to go on. An anonymous nurse (one who was getting good results with eating hash brownies due to a masectomy) was pimping some under-the-table MaryJane. It was sort of up to my brother and I as to whether we'd let her give my mom the stuff to try to increase her appetite. If we gave the approval, it would have been unknown to the doctor. The nurse was putting her job on the line and we were putting our mom's life on the line. It might have worked and it might have not worked. We ultimately decided against it. The bottom line was that if it didn't work, the doc and the hospital would NOT have been liable for the potentially castastrophic result.

As it turned out, my mom also had an undiagnosed case of severe urinary tract infection. Once they fixed that, she got her appetite back. Previously, she had one of her disks removed from her back because of this undiagnosed infection.

She lives today. She is an ex-smoker and she is a walking miracle.

Say what you will about THC. I am skeptical about doctors and people who treat symptoms.

Oh, and about the government; I'm also skeptical about people who put laws into effect at the state level when they know full well in advance that the law change won't be affected at the federal level.
If I remember right, you can get THC pills, but people that take them say that they do not get the same effectiveness as when inhaling it through smoking it.
of course the THC pills are prescribed by a DR.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:50 PM

13 posts, read 27,220 times
ok, SCOTUS just decided that the fed cannot trump state's medical marijuana laws, so we can drop that whole argument now. Now, is Colorado medical marijuana friendly or not? The old posts seem to indicate it is not. But perhaps things have gotten better recently?

Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,352,221 times
It just blows my mind that a drug such as alcohol is perfectly legal, and kills thousands of people every year, whether directly or indirectly.

I've never heard of anyone getting high and starting a fight, or smashing into another car while high.

Mostly cause you're too damn lazy. Pot smokers just sit around and chill. Yet alcohol is promoted heavily, you see it's commercials everywhere, and there are numerous orginizations against it, i.e., MADD, etc..

Sometimes I really want to question my government.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:48 PM

5,113 posts, read 19,706,259 times
because the populace revolted when they banned it.

two wrongs dont make a right

Old 12-04-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
If I remember right, you can get THC pills, but people that take them say that they do not get the same effectiveness as when inhaling it through smoking it.
of course the THC pills are prescribed by a DR.
An old thread that got me in trouble, but I'd like to comment on this old post;

What you're saying is that the pill form isn't as fun because you don't get as HIGH!

Are we talking about marijuana for medicinal purposes here or as a substitute for alcohol, aka getting high on for recreational purposes????????

O' Dweeds mon! Shotgun, little buddy!

Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,393,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
An old thread that got me in trouble, but I'd like to comment on this old post;

What you're saying is that the pill form isn't as fun because you don't get as HIGH!

Are we talking about marijuana for medicinal purposes here or as a substitute for alcohol, aka getting high on for recreational purposes????????

O' Dweeds mon! Shotgun, little buddy!
Medical. A few acquaintances also with MS, with some of the chronic pain associated with MS say that the THC pills just do not take the edge off enough, smoking it on the other hand they seem to all agree that the edge is most definitely taken off the pain. This is Neurological pain, that they are dealing with. I have no idea about the effectiveness of the THC pills with Physical pain.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:12 PM

Oh how convenient. What if they upped the amount of THC in the pill form a bit? Like using extract of hash oil or Humboldt County Skunk... in pill form?

I'd bet that stuff would get right on top of your Neurological pain.

Give me a side-by-side comparison of THC levels.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,352,221 times
THC is THC, no matter how you ingest it. I'd be willing to bet it would help neurological pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates