Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2017, 11:37 AM

168 posts, read 150,933 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
the high rate of suicide is a direct result of the ignorant and hostile attitudes displayed throughout this thread and in life in general......
No it's not. It's the result of their mental illness.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:39 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Please cite cases where this has happened--where they refused to use a separate room that existed because they "wanted to change right next to the sex of their choice". We'll wait.
You won't have to wait long - seven minutes to be exact and that's only because I just stumbled upon your comment. It took me about 20 seconds to google and find and then read this:

Quote:
The school had offered to let Perry use a separate gender-neutral bathroom, which she declined.
Transgender Student Refuses to Use Private Bathroom After Girls Say They Are Uncomfortable

Old 03-24-2017, 11:39 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgustedman View Post
If they'd go and get it done and not be parading it on all the news channels, I'd think we'd not hear of any assaults or other abuses...Is it a REQUIREMENT they try and tell everyone what they did? Are they EXPECTING abuse? Are they then encouraging it? Is this what they want in reality?
99+% of G, L, B, and T people do go about their business as unobtrusively as possible and you don't even notice them. Just like most Christians live perfectly regular, normal lives and don't bomb Planned Parenthood or grab TV microphones to claim that everybody but their own religion is going to hell.

The sensationalist types ATTRACT the news cameras--that has always been the case with the media. Always. Meanwhile, hundreds of transgender people are just trying to find the least crowded time of day to pee so they don't get affronted and accused every time they use the bathroom. And for those who have fully or mostly transitioned, using the bathroom that matches their genitals (since the anti-trans folks seem to spend such a lot of time thinking about what genitals other people have), would be even MORE of a disruption since female-to-male trans people often have beards and deep voices--you really believe they should use the women's room? Male-to-female transpeople often have breasts and feminine features, and you want them to use the men's rooms? Talk about disruptions!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
How are transgender people expecting the rest of the world to change their lives for them? How has any transgender person made YOUR life different?

They are forcing their warped degenerate political agenda upon my kids in the school system that's how. They are demanding that I join them in denying reality and succumb to the idea that men sometimes have vaginas (they don't) and women sometimes have penises (they don't)

It's not about them wanting to live their lives as themselves. It's about them inverting reality and objective truth for the rest of us and then calling us bigots and ignorant and haters when we don't play along. It's about them thinking they have the right to use the public school system to brainwash other people's kids into thinking exactly as they do. F-CK THAT! Over my dead body will they use my children as pawns in their political agenda.

The transgender rights movement is a degenerate, fascist totalitarian movement that must be stopped at all costs.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
99+% of G, L, B, and T people do go about their business as unobtrusively as possible and you don't even notice them. Just like most Christians live perfectly regular, normal lives and don't bomb Planned Parenthood or grab TV microphones to claim that everybody but their own religion is going to hell.

The sensationalist types ATTRACT the news cameras--that has always been the case with the media. Always. Meanwhile, hundreds of transgender people are just trying to find the least crowded time of day to pee so they don't get affronted and accused every time they use the bathroom. And for those who have fully or mostly transitioned, using the bathroom that matches their genitals (since the anti-trans folks seem to spend such a lot of time thinking about what genitals other people have), would be even MORE of a disruption since female-to-male trans people often have beards and deep voices--you really believe they should use the women's room? Male-to-female transpeople often have breasts and feminine features, and you want them to use the men's rooms? Talk about disruptions!
You and others insist on misreading the disapproval of these laws and proposed laws by others. The vast majority of people who oppose these transgender bathroom laws are not overly concerned about people who have genuinely embraced (for whatever reason) the identity of the opposite sex. It's the fact that since science doesn't back transgender behavior, the law relies on nothing more than personal opinions and beliefs and those concepts can be misused by any number of people - including confused people, mentally ill people, and sexual predators.

People expect laws to protect them and their privacy.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
So you are saying that right now, transgendered are becoming accustomed to privilege, demanding and receiving, and when they actually get "equality", they will fell oppressed. Probably so.
I believe you need to look up the definition of PRIVELEGE. Trust me, trans people don't have it, and don't expect it. Privilege is when the "ruling class" (white, male, cisgender, heterosexual, usually Christian, well-to-do, able bodied etc) wants to begrudge those who are lacking any of those traits into equal treatment or the tiniest of accommodations.

There was just as much handwringing and doom-and-gloom talk back when they made laws saying that white (privilege) people had to (gasp!) share bathrooms with black people in the 1960s. Many whites were up-in-arms because they expected to be given better treatment as they always had. THAT is what privilege is.

Just try to claim that any transgender person has even been given better treatment at ANYTHING than and cisgender (non-trans) person. Even walking down the street without being harassed, physically assaulted, or murdered is something most of them don't take for granted like we do.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:48 AM

I am so glad that all my grandchildren are home schooled.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
You and others insist on misreading the disapproval of these laws and proposed laws by others. The vast majority of people who oppose these transgender bathroom laws are not overly concerned about people who have genuinely embraced (for whatever reason) the identity of the opposite sex. It's the fact that since science doesn't back transgender behavior, the law relies on nothing more than personal opinions and beliefs and those concepts can be misused by any number of people - including confused people, mentally ill people, and sexual predators.

People expect laws to protect them and their privacy.
Well said Kathryn!

When we as a society lose sight of the fact that reality and truth are objective, not subjective concepts, then we are truly f-cked!

Old 03-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I believe you need to look up the definition of PRIVELEGE. Trust me, trans people don't have it, and don't expect it. Privilege is when the "ruling class" (white, male, cisgender, heterosexual, usually Christian, well-to-do, able bodied etc) wants to begrudge those who are lacking any of those traits into equal treatment or the tiniest of accommodations.

There was just as much handwringing and doom-and-gloom talk back when they made laws saying that white (privilege) people had to (gasp!) share bathrooms with black people in the 1960s. Many whites were up-in-arms because they expected to be given better treatment as they always had. THAT is what privilege is.

Just try to claim that any transgender person has even been given better treatment at ANYTHING than and cisgender (non-trans) person. Even walking down the street without being harassed, physically assaulted, or murdered is something most of them don't take for granted like we do.
Save your Marxist mumbo jumbo schtick for someone dense enough to take it seriously.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDMP77 View Post
They are forcing their warped degenerate political agenda upon my kids in the school system that's how. They are demanding that I join them in denying reality and succumb to the idea that men sometimes have vaginas (they don't) and women sometimes have penises (they don't)

It's not about them wanting to live their lives as themselves. It's about them inverting reality and objective truth for the rest of us and then calling us bigots and ignorant and haters when we don't play along. It's about them thinking they have the right to use the public school system to brainwash other people's kids into thinking exactly as they do. F-CK THAT! Over my dead body will they use my children as pawns in their political agenda.

The transgender rights movement is a degenerate, fascist totalitarian movement that must be stopped at all costs.
You area confusing the POLITICAL transgender-rights lobby with run-of-the-mill trans people. Most of whom just want to do their business and don't even think about what kids are being taught, let alone try to dictate it. There are always hard-core lobbyists trying to do things "on behalf of" some group or another, but don't cast your distaste for the "activists" onto the entire population. I know quite a few trans people and they are among the most gentle souls I encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates