Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 06:52 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,791,073 times

Advertisements

Violence is always a male dominated activity. Everywhere and all the time. But what makes it stand out in America vs. the rest of the 1st World is black violence. Blacks commit crimes way more than their share of the population. In NY, white and oriental crime is almost unknown. Blacks and Hispanics commit almost all of it. (NY as in NYC, which is not its real name)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 08:48 AM

4,224 posts, read 3,014,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
Violence is always a male dominated activity. Everywhere and all the time. But what makes it stand out in America vs. the rest of the 1st World is black violence.
Violence is actually associated with people of any demographic who are systematically deprived in economic and/or social terms. Black, white, hispanic, or Asian, if you insist on putting people into desperate straits, a backlash of violence is ultimately apt to be among the results. It really is that simple.

Old 05-09-2017, 08:51 AM

3,142 posts, read 2,043,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
First off, that movie was BS. Do the research.

Second, even if it was historically accurate (it's not), it's what is known as an outlier or anecdotal evidence. While women on average are just as intelligent as men, they lack the creativity of the male brain on average. This is why almost every major discovery in history was because of some dude.
How is the movie BS and not historically accurate pray tell? Because I've done the research and don't see any major issues with it - all historical depictions take some creative license, but the facts seem to be pretty well represented in my view.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:21 AM

4,314 posts, read 3,992,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
Violence is actually associated with people of any demographic who are systematically deprived in economic and/or social terms. Black, white, hispanic, or Asian, if you insist on putting people into desperate straits, a backlash of violence is ultimately apt to be among the results. It really is that simple.

people of different races react to poverty quite differently.

When researching where to retire in the south, I found the best indicator of the crime rate of an area was the demographics of the races.

Many poorer areas would still have low crime rates if the % of whites was over 80-90 %

It got to the point I could blindfold myself and throw darts at a huge map.

In City-Data Detailed Profile, the racial breakdown comes early in the report.
The crime rating further down.

In the vast majority of towns, reading the racial breakdown allowed me to predict the crime rate later in the report.

I had no problem moving to desirable place in the south that had many blacks.
I am not going to tolerate a high crime rate in retirement, however.

Yes, there are exceptions. There are a few smaller towns in the rural south that has a high percent of blacks and a low crime rate but they are few and far between.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:24 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
I notice there are a lot of folks who don't like black people here and are determined to steer this discussion into that direction. The OP was right.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:26 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,202,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
...who are being "raised" by single mothers.
And where are the fathers? Why not demand they be in the picture?

Old 05-09-2017, 09:30 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub-911 View Post
"Dudes" only got to do all that work because women in large numbers had been relegated to tending the home fires that had allowed them to grow up to begin with. Today, we know that there are none of these once-imagined innate differences in capacities or tendencies. Except perhaps that men do tend to sit around idly and think about sex more often than women do. Penis-think has actually become one of our larger problems in the modern world.
You have got to be joking.

Almost all noteworthy innovation has come from the minds of men. That's not a social construct. That's biology. Everything from the home you live in to the device you're communicating on was the idea of a man. In the 1st world there is nothing in 2017 that is holding back women to be equally represented in fields like engineering or the hard sciences other than human biology. There will never be equal representation in these areas unless it's forced, which would only result in less technology and innovation. That is the truth regardless of how much we as a society try to deny it or make excuses.

In 500 years, everything that matters will still be because some dude thought it up. That will never change unless we as a species evolve past it. Women are better a following directions, while men are better at breaking the rules. Both skills have had their place in the survival of our species.

Old 05-09-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David A Stone View Post
people of different races react to poverty quite differently.
What do the people to be afraid of in the ghettos of Tokyo look like? How about Manilla, Shanghai, or Ho Chi Minh City? Islamabad? Lahore? Mumbai? Moscow, Warsaw, Tallin, or Zagreb? Cast your bread upon the waters...

Old 05-09-2017, 09:39 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,007,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
How is the movie BS and not historically accurate pray tell? Because I've done the research and don't see any major issues with it - all historical depictions take some creative license, but the facts seem to be pretty well represented in my view.

That and the fact the 10th grade level math that saved the day actually came from an unnamed white guy, and the entire movie is based on hearsay.

Add to this that NASA wasn't segregated in the 1960's and was actually one of the leaders in the civil rights movement and promoting equal rights in the workplace.

Oh well, it was still a good movie I guess. I'm sure you cried and cheered

Old 05-09-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
You have got to be joking.
No, I am deadly serious. Possession of the facts can often have that effect.

Quote:
Almost all noteworthy innovation has come from the minds of men. That's not a social construct. That's biology.
What a hoot! Such claims have no scientific basis. They are at best outdated blarney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates