Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2017, 11:28 AM

8,011 posts, read 8,204,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo Driver View Post
That's only because that's what you've chosen to believe. You are a shining example of the problem.

Perhaps you should grace us with an explanation of why "men raised by single mothers" are far more apt to be murderers than other men.
Really? I had no idea Elliott Rodger was raised by a single mother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 11:30 AM

749 posts, read 734,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
Really? I had no idea Elliott Rodger was raised by a single mother.
This comment is a perfect example of a person who is determined to ignore the forest for the tree (tree, singular, not trees, plural).

Congratulations!

Old 05-10-2017, 11:40 AM

4,768 posts, read 5,437,594 times
All violence can be trace back to lack of Fatherly and emotional development in the family by Fathers.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:45 AM

Quote:
This comment is a perfect example of a person who is determined to ignore the forest for the tree (tree, singular, not trees, plural).

Congratulations!
Well sorry if people aren't willing to just nod and agree with you. This is a debate, not a circle jerk session.

Old 05-10-2017, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Well sorry if people aren't willing to just nod and agree with you. This is a debate, not a circle jerk session.
Your posts received the response it deserved.

Old 05-10-2017, 12:35 PM

6,700 posts, read 5,928,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarnivalGal View Post
Minorities are much more likely to be convicted of violent crimes than their white counterparts. A white man shoots a black man, and it's self defense. A black man shoots a white man, and it's murder. The rise in video documentation of confrontations is confirming this. That skews statistics significantly.

Economic factors come into play too, but again, when you are given an inferior education because of where you live, are paid less for doing the same jobs, etc. the system sets you up to stay in a lower economic bracket. It's a vicious cycle.
This is obviously just fluff. The actual statistics, amply provided upthread, fully back up what David A. Stone, myself, and others have been saying here. There are very, very few white-on-black crimes. There are very few white cop shootings of black suspects. There are thousands of black-on-black fatal shootings, and hundreds of thousands of non-fatal black-on-black crimes.

The few cop shootings of blacks are increasingly video documented, true - no one's saying otherwise. But what about the 6,000 black-on-black shootings? If you don't see them on Youtube then they're not real?

Sweetheart, there are morgues full of corpses in all the big cities and these corpses are young black men who had their whole lives ahead of them, wasted senselessly.

Those who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to recognize reality are basically allowing this horrible situation to continue.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
This is obviously just fluff. The actual statistics, amply provided upthread, fully back up what David A. Stone, myself, and others have been saying here. There are very, very few white-on-black crimes. There are very few white cop shootings of black suspects. There are thousands of black-on-black fatal shootings, and hundreds of thousands of non-fatal black-on-black crimes.

The few cop shootings of blacks are increasingly video documented, true - no one's saying otherwise. But what about the 6,000 black-on-black shootings? If you don't see them on Youtube then they're not real?

Sweetheart, there are morgues full of corpses in all the big cities and these corpses are young black men who had their whole lives ahead of them, wasted senselessly.

Those who bury their heads in the sand and refuse to recognize reality are basically allowing this horrible situation to continue.
This.

And I wish Americans could begin to have honest discussions about why so many black men are killing black men - and to do so without immediately being labeled a racist.

Good grief, I sat and talked with 3 older black ladies for several hours about this VERY topic. It was a wonderful conversation, and I didn't even get screamed at once.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:17 PM

I would like to go talk to the families of the victims of Sandy Hook, Columbine and Aurora to see how they feel about black crime how it has affected their lives. Oh wait.

Old 05-10-2017, 01:18 PM

Quote:
This.

And I wish Americans could begin to have honest discussions about why so many black men are killing black men - and to do so without immediately being labeled a racist.

Good grief, I sat and talked with 3 older black ladies for several hours about this VERY topic. It was a wonderful conversation, and I didn't even get screamed at once.
And when did this coversation happen.

Old 05-10-2017, 02:04 PM

Quote:
And when did this coversation happen.
Yesterday.

Thanks for asking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates