Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 02:59 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times

Advertisements

It’s a choice the first time once addictive it’s not a choice. Btw lots of “nice” people are addicts it’s not just the undesirable population
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 08:02 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is medieval thinking, I think its better to say, we do not yet know how to effectively treat or cure them, at one time people thought lepers and other diseases/ disorders could not be healed or treated!
If it could be treated, that would be great.

In the meantime, keeping them away from those they harm is the only solution.

I know you're taking exception to me saying I don't believe they can be cured. I'd like to be wrong.

But right now, there is no cure. Isolation is therefore the safest route for all concerned.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:57 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chint View Post
Wait - you are the same dude over on the religious forums that thinks the Earth is just thousands of years old!

Dude that is some serious derailment going on in the mental network.
Not following...how so? Whats this topic have to do with beliefs on how old the earth is?

Drug addiction IS a disease imo, as it prevents people from making good decisions.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:03 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,061,302 times
Quote:
Not fol

Drug addiction IS a disease imo, as it prevents people from making good decisions.
That would be stupidity which is not a disease.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
Once primary prevention fails, you focus on the DISEASE that has developed and treat it. Anything less is simply condemning your fellow man.
Basically. There is no treatment , at least not medical treatment with any success.
Medicine calls it a disease.
The 12 step recovery programs do not call it a disease.
Its a spiritual illness.
Medicine has made no inroads with addiction because they don't even know what it is.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Not that long ago, so was interracial and to some degree, homosexual relationships!

btw, Im NOT trying to normalize pedo, just pointing out that it is classified as a disorder/ disease, like other things are.
Its criminal behavior, try the psychiatric excuse model as a legal defense in court see where it gets you

" my neurons made me do it".

Sure, take your neurons to jail.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Basically. There is no treatment , at least not medical treatment with any success.
Medicine calls it a disease.
The 12 step recovery programs do not call it a disease.
Its a spiritual illness.
Medicine has made no inroads with addiction because they don't even know what it is.
Thats not correct, I know this for a fact, as i have been on Suboxone maintenance for a couple years now and am doing great. I realize it doesnt work as well for everyone, but I think many people expect too much from Suboxone and are disappointed when they see how it works.

Thanks to Suboxone, I am not out spending all my money on illegal drugs, I am back to making good decisions, being productive member of society again, IMO, that is pretty effective treatment.

Besides that, with the major heroin epidemics going on right now, there is some serious incentive for someone to develop other treatments as well, there is PLENTY of money to the person who comes up with another effective treatment.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Its criminal behavior, try the psychiatric excuse model as a legal defense in court see where it gets you

" my neurons made me do it".

Sure, take your neurons to jail.
Gee I wonder why they give heroin addicts, methadone, who have been arrested?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates