Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 09:55 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VendorDude View Post
We need to purge the nation of deplorable thinking of many sorts. There is no time to sit back and relax until that work is done. The illness here is centuries old. It may take as long to conquer it. But the need for such work is not dimished in this at all.

The company I worked for most of my career is a poster child for change needing to happen. On the surface they flat go buggy with "diversity" in hiring practices and placement in positions of authority. But, the LEVEL of authority granted stops at middle rank. Team leadership and Department heads.

The deeper I got into my time there the more I saw, and it really enraged me. Top management was a den of rats. Lecherous, racist, power mad rats. Lost my job in the end because I called it like I saw it. This is the case with large companies more often than not.

One of the biggest reasons I couldn't vote for Trump is because he is the epitome of huge, corporate, sleaze. No I didn't vote for Clinton either. She's no different in regards to big money sleaze pits. They all pay homage to diversity and harmony. In the workforce. The blue collar caste. Up above it's as good ol' boy as a tavern in Bugtusle. I actually heard a top management type, in front of the whole crew in my shop pop off a little rhyme. It went "Black is beautiful, Tan is grand, but White's still the color of the big boss man." This same creep had used his position to victimize women. Including someone important to me.

He knew how important the job was to we on the lower rungs. I figured it was time to whiz in his and his peers waterhole. Nope, it didn't change a thing and I lost my job. But...I did yank some chains and stood my ground when the dog came out. My conscience is clear.

Don't be fooled a bit by corporate promotion of "diversity is strength." It's all just PR BS.

Old 11-21-2017, 10:18 AM

716 posts, read 393,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Uh ya, you did:

The idea that kids will be "Racists" unless parents teach them NOT to be is nothing but leftist propaganda.

These are not real scientists. A psychologist? Please. That's pseudoscience at best. A "social" scientist? More gibberish. This is agit-prop...these people are agitators, not researchers.

This "professor" is nothing but yet another Affirmative Action hire appointed to appease liberal white guilt. Her entire specialty is racial grievance mongering. There is no science here. No first principles . No natural laws. Nothing even approaching the scientific method. Where is the "experiment"? Where is the longitudinal study? The control group? Non-existent. BECAUSE THAT IS NOT SCIENCE.

BTW there is a definition of "racism" earlier in the thread...suggest you brush up on it. You keep using that word...but its pretty clear you don't know what it means.
My point is that every racist uses some study, statistic, personal anecdote or their 'racial-instincts' to excuse their racism.

Psychology being the science of mind and behavior would seem to be the best way to study racism. If not, what? Do you believe racism is better studied thru other disciplines? Possibly anesthesiology, dermatology or maybe chemistry or metallurgy?

Yeah, I don't know what racism means, just like you don't know what denial means...

Old 11-21-2017, 10:22 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd-bound View Post
My point is that every racist uses some study, statistic, personal anecdote or their 'racial-instincts' to excuse their racism.

Psychology being the science of mind and behavior would seem to be the best way to study racism. If not, what? Do you believe racism is better studied thru other disciplines? Possibly anesthesiology, dermatology or maybe chemistry or metallurgy?

Yeah, I don't know what racism means, just like you don't know what denial means...
I always assume that most racists don't think they're racist...they just think they're "right".

Old 11-21-2017, 06:37 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,225,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Well, I'm sure you would call me a leftist (although I'm actually closer to being a centrist), but I've nver heard "the left" say that. I do know from personal experiences as a school administrator that racist parents often (not always) raise kids who turn out to be racist, too.

So psychologists are not real scientists? Are you? If so, what kind of scientist? Why should we believe you more? What are your qualifications to be the expert we should be swayed by? And by the way, just for the record, I have 2 degrees in the sciences, so don't play games. There is a long-standing debate about just how much of a science psychology is. True, it is not as predictable as most sciences, but then again, neither is meteorology.
Psychology is not a science, no. And if you really have an actual science degree you would know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
In other words, you don't agree with the study so you just call it pseudoscience and leftist propaganda. It's a common tactic of those of your ilk.

I don't like it so I'll call it fake.
It isn't a science. Oh, my "ilk" eh? What's that supposed to mean? Sounds like more name-calling from a leftist unAmerican hater? How many people have you hit with a bike lock lately because you can't tolerate free speech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I always assume that most racists don't think they're racist...they just think they're "right".
That would be possibly a useful comment if it also showed that you know what "Racist" actually means. I am getting the impression that you don't But it wouldn't be a big surprise, because most people use it to mean anyone that makes statements about race with which they disagree (even when its easy to demonstrate that they have no legitimate basis for disagreement, other than it would torpedo their ideology of Identity Politics and racial grievance mongering)

Old 11-21-2017, 06:59 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Psychology is not a science, no. And if you really have an actual science degree you would know that.

It isn't a science. Oh, my "ilk" eh? What's that supposed to mean? Sounds like more name-calling from a leftist unAmerican hater? How many people have you hit with a bike lock lately because you can't tolerate free speech?

That would be possibly a useful comment if it also showed that you know what "Racist" actually means. I am getting the impression that you don't But it wouldn't be a big surprise, because most people use it to mean anyone that makes statements about race with which they disagree (even when its easy to demonstrate that they have no legitimate basis for disagreement, other than it would torpedo their ideology of Identity Politics and racial grievance mongering)
You know, you are not the decider of all things. If you do a Google on "is psychology a science", you will get a wide variety of opinions. You have one opinion at one end of the spectrum. Which is fine. But don't mistake your opinion for a fact.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:01 PM

18,950 posts, read 11,594,189 times
Derailed by snark and personal bickering. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates