Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2018, 01:20 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The reason is that he doesn't like Jews.

Your stance is, I am sure, quite influential. I place you with the marginal types of people whose main authority is Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

I guess it's a good thing if the Pakistani money goes mostly to Swiss bank accounts. I am quite proud of Pakistan's accomplishments as an independent country. </sarcasm>
1. That's a truly cheap shot. Not believing that Israel deserves billions of dollars of American tax payer dollars is not at all the same as not liking Jews.

2. But then, you turn right around and make an insulting comment about the citizens of another country.

Your comments have the sound of desperation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 03:51 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
So is not paying other countries billions of dollars. Perhaps we should take that up in a world where everyone does not pay everyone billions of USD's annually.
Again, you are failing to recognize the threat from mystical irrational and violent countries that surround Israel. We need an ally and a base area from which to conduct military options if and when a regional or world war begins. Which is not unlikely given the primitivity of the governments in that region and their intent on killing and destroying everything and everyone that does not agree to regress to the dark ages and the primordial ooze.

We're not paying Israel, we're simply paying ourselves through a proxy. And they are probably better at spending the money than we are anyway!

I am fine with giving plenty of aid to any country that commits to the opposition of savagery and primitive decadence.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Again, you are failing to recognize the threat from mystical irrational and violent countries that surround Israel. We need an ally and a base area from which to conduct military options if and when a regional or world war begins. Which is not unlikely given the primitivity of the governments in that region and their intent on killing and destroying everything and everyone that does not agree to regress to the dark ages and the primordial ooze.

We're not paying Israel, we're simply paying ourselves through a proxy. And they are probably better at spending the money than we are anyway!

I am fine with giving plenty of aid to any country that commits to the opposition of savagery and primitive decadence.
These proxy situations we get ourselves into -- like Vietnam -- don't work out well for us.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:51 PM

5,162 posts, read 4,486,801 times
Quote:

I think you are making some broad, unsubstantiated, claims. Also what direct threat do these nations have that Israel counters? It seems like the only thing unifying them is the hatred of Israel, and because we support Israel the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
These proxy situations we get ourselves into -- like Vietnam -- don't work out well for us.
Exactly.

Old 01-09-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
This one has worked out well. An island of Reason in a region of madness is something we need to support and maintain.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
I think you are making some broad, unsubstantiated, claims. Also what direct threat do these nations have that Israel counters? It seems like the only thing unifying them is the hatred of Israel, and because we support Israel the US.

Exactly.

Broad, unsubstantiated claims. Let's stop the nonsense and let's take off the blinders.

Lets just look at the last few weeks, and forget about the past few hundred years, because there is not enough server space in North America to contain all the accounts.

So tell me why we should not support the only state in the region that has a secular, civilized, Western styled society and that is willing to take up arms to keep some semblance of sanity in the region. Without which the entire region collapses into sectarian Armageddon. And that's just what they are doing to each other, I won't get into what they want to do to us. Or actually, I will. September 11th is what they want to do to us, only including all the rest of the buildings.

Iran:
Iran Protests: Gov't Cuts Social Media and Internet Access | Fortune
In a statement, Iran’s interior minister said that social networks are “causing violence and fear.”

So decapitating what was only a pretense of freedom of speech in the first place? A violent and savage act of the state against its own people.

Saudi Arabia:
Saudi Arabia police arrest men over 'gay wedding' video - BBC News

Here we have a country violently assaulting its own citizens who may be homosexual or TG:
Excerpt:
Quote:
Saudi Arabia has no written laws concerning sexual orientation or gender identity, but judges use principles of Islamic law to sanction people suspected of extra-marital sexual relations, homosexual sex or other "immoral" acts, according to US-based Human Rights Watch.
The country's anti-cybercrime law also criminalises online activity impinging on "public order, religious values, public morals and privacy".
The Mecca Police said the "gay wedding scene" had taken place on Friday during a festival at a resort in the holy city and had "surprised" people there.
In February 2017, Saudi police arrested 35 Pakistani citizens, some of whom were transgender women.
One of them, who was known as Meeno Baji, died in detention. Her family said her body bore signs of torture, but officials said she had died of a heart attack.
Yemen:

Al Jazeera bureau in Yemen forcibly closed | News | Al Jazeera

Summary: The military shuts down the press while the country is at war with the Houthi rebels, whose slogan, according to Wikipedia, is:

Quote:
Like many Iranian-backed groups such as Hezbollah, the Houthi movement attracts its Zaidi-Shia followers in Yemen by promoting regional political-religious issues in its media, including the overarching US-Israeli conspiracy and Arab "collusion".[SIZE=2][30][/SIZE][SIZE=2][31][/SIZE] In 2003 the Houthis' slogan "The God is great, death to the US, death to Israel, curse the Jews, and victory for Islam", became the group's trademark.

Syria:

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.830605

So just when Arabs were starting to appreciate the Jews who have been providing humanitarian relief and changing what were closed and turned off minds, we have a return to savagery in the offing.

Somalia:

Mogadishu: 11 killed week after deadliest blast | Somalia News | Al Jazeera

More bloody carnage at the hands of Al Shabaab.

Kenya:

A new tactic: cross border executions:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...aab-terrorists

Indonesia:

Genital mutilation in the news:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/05/h...ype=collection

Last edited by Marc Paolella; 01-09-2018 at 06:28 PM..

Old 01-09-2018, 06:25 PM

Quote:
This one has worked out well. An island of Reason in a region of madness is something we need to support and maintain.
Actually, we directly aligned ourselves with Thailand, not Vietnam.

Old 01-09-2018, 06:29 PM

Quote:

So tell me why we should not support the only state in the region that has a secular, civilized, Western styled society and that is willing to take up arms to keep some semblance of sanity in the region. Without which the entire region collapses into sectarian Armageddon. And that's just what they are doing to each other, I won't get into what they want to do to us.

Israel is not secular. By definition in its Declaration Of Independence it identifies itself as a "Jewish State".

Old 01-09-2018, 08:26 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
And that's just what they are doing to each other, I won't get into what they want to do to us. Or actually, I will. September 11th is what they want to do to us, only including all the rest of the buildings.
But you're ignoring the great accomplishment(s) of those people.

Old 01-09-2018, 08:28 PM

35,045 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
1. That's a truly cheap shot. Not believing that Israel deserves billions of dollars of American tax payer dollars is not at all the same as not liking Jews.

2. But then, you turn right around and make an insulting comment about the citizens of another country.

Your comments have the sound of desperation.
I'm calling BS. What's a cheap shot here? He's aping the Protocols by saying in effect the Jews control the world. And why, pray tell, do we have to give them bigger killing fields?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates