Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2018, 05:48 AM

63 posts, read 55,380 times

Advertisements

This is an ongoing discussion about immigration among Non-Muslim Indians outside the United States. Notably the Non-Muslim South Asians in Western Europe and the Commonwealth Realms have adopted a mostly anti-immigration posture in the face of what they see as racist immigration policies that don't benefit Indians as a whole, where as India is also seeing a a lot of discontent due to a lack of jobs in comparison to what countries like China has been seeing. This should also be viewed in the light of the Migrants Crisis and the sheer insanity of thinking it's possible to immigrate everyone in the third world.

The immigration policy of the United States generally attracts the most talented and strongest from third world countries, a lot of whom were educated and raised on third world governments' tax money, then assimilated them into Americans thereby depriving the third world country of much needed talent and tax.

A better option would be to export the jobs to the third world country, thereby developing the third world economy and creating even more jobs through trickle-down economics, but also providing the third world country with much needed tax money and talent (doctors, etc...).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2018, 06:53 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
I think we are moving away form the idea that America needs to fix the woes of all other countries and sacrifice the wellbeing of the USA in order to bolster other countries. Kind of like with your kids. At some pent you just have to say - No - learn to take care of yourself. We have not traditionally done that but we have been moving more int hat direction for decades. If India wants to keep their better talent - make the country better so they want to stay there.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
I think we are moving away form the idea that America needs to fix the woes of all other countries and sacrifice the wellbeing of the USA in order to bolster other countries. Kind of like with your kids. At some pent you just have to say - No - learn to take care of yourself. We have not traditionally done that but we have been moving more int hat direction for decades. If India wants to keep their better talent - make the country better so they want to stay there.
The media shouldn't treat immigration as a racial issue then. I do not care about immigration whatsoever, and I you're asking me to care about racial issues, then I wonder how immigration is important when it's having such a detrimental impact on most Indians.

Old 07-02-2018, 09:05 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,793,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muthal_Ganesan View Post
The media shouldn't treat immigration as a racial issue then. I do not care about immigration whatsoever, and I you're asking me to care about racial issues, then I wonder how immigration is important when it's having such a detrimental impact on most Indians.
Although I am not sure what you are saying here. Immigration does not seem to have a detrimental impact on the Indians who immigrate, nor on those who remain in India and receive money from those who Immigrate. It could be seen to have a negative impact on those who remain in India but do not have any family members immigrate, however even they stand to benefit as the people who receive money from a family member who immigrated then spend that moeny in India, thus boosting the local economy.

Old 07-02-2018, 12:27 PM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
This should also be viewed in the light of the Migrants Crisis
and the sheer insanity of thinking it's possible to immigrate everyone in the third world.
I can't speak for all ... but I'm not aware of anyone who believes that to be true or in any sense to be a goal.

Quote:
The immigration policy of the United States generally attracts the most talented and strongest
from third world countries...
Just like a worm on the hook will attract the fish?

Quote:
A better option would be to export the jobs to the third world country, thereby...
They don't have any worms?

Old 07-04-2018, 07:04 AM

So what's your solution to the HB-1 Visa fiasco that's happening over in California? My personal solution is that the American citizens are allocated a significant amount of job in relation to the skilled workforce available (maybe around one-third of jobs) at a higher salary, and then that the remaining jobs are exported to India at a lower salary which would be fine thanks to the far lower cost-of-living in India. The amount of money repatriated to India by HB-1 workers is minuscule partially thanks to the high COL of California and it's also widely understood that India is loosing valuable skills.

Old 07-04-2018, 07:34 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post

I agree.

Old 07-04-2018, 09:11 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,953,336 times
Quote:
So what's your solution to the HB-1 Visa fiasco that's happening over in California?
a) I don't have/need one. b) Be careful what you wish for.

If/when the HB-1 issues are addressed... you won't see that tech work exported as a result.
And you won't see tech workers imported much either; maybe returning to levels of decades past.

Old 07-04-2018, 05:35 PM

7,777 posts, read 6,383,187 times
We need a moratorium on all immigration for at least 10 years and until the situation is completely under control.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:26 AM

1,063 posts, read 696,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
We need a moratorium on all immigration for at least 10 years and until the situation is completely under control.
Good luck having the country function properly during those 10 years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates