Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 06:44 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times

Advertisements

If there were no infringements to the 2nd amendment, this very thing would be achieved on its own, people in power would always fear the people and what they may do, if they start abusing the power and authority they hold.

We have already resorted to violent overthrow of a tyrannical govt in our history (England), if it ever needed to happen again, people must be ready and willing to engage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2018, 12:51 PM

11,073 posts, read 7,142,399 times
The same thing that is supposed to help us all - freedom - also many times allows nonsense to continue and even flourish.

Also, mankind is stupid. We've seen it infinite times before, over the course of history. There's no indication that we'll someday change and move beyond that.

It's a flawed world, but can still keep up the "good fight" and do our best every day with the realities we have to work with. Our attitude and determination is our saving grace. Dreaming and expecting results are oftentimes less useful and dependable.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 07-27-2018 at 01:03 PM..

Old 07-27-2018, 01:25 PM

7,103 posts, read 5,980,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zengha View Post
Since the beginning of man there have been countless different kinds of systems and governments set up, all preaching great things to the peasant/lower classes; offering great social and economic rights...yet in the end it hardly seems to ever matter. In the end of EVERY single kind of system to ever be conceived it ALWAYS ends up the same. I.e The biggest most evil, most ****, kind of disgusting sub-human trash that could possibly exist are ALWAYS the ones to gain power. Is there really no way out of this awful cycle? People talk and talk, and talk about setting up different forms of govt but it's all COMPLETE and utter BS! With the most evil/corrupt people that could exist taking charge. The leaders of communism praised the workers rights, that we'd all be equal but we all know how that turned out, with the common man/woman being treated like donkey dung.

Do you think regardless of what kind of system people set up, ultimately the most evil, greedy, psychopathic will always ultimately be in charge of whatever is set up?
I sounds like you're a hater of wealth and power, I can appreciate your hatred towards those in power, but I don't think that rising to power from wealth makes you evil, most ***, disgusting, sub-human trash.

I personally know people in leadership positions worth over $100 million, some even in politics, that are the exact opposite of your description of them.

Haters gonna hate though.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:51 PM

22,658 posts, read 24,581,931 times
I think we see that a LOT of voters, D and R, support the current system as it is. And yes, that means they support the embedded-players that have been amassing huge amounts of power over the years. This dynamic, supporting the embedded-players, is probably never going to end, no matter how badly things go. Could it be the ruination of the USA.....yes.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:57 AM

247 posts, read 180,904 times
"What is a People's Branch? A People's Branch is a way for the common individual citizen to improve and control their government through Checks and Balances by the People. A People's Branch of government has similarities to present branches of government. i.e. the executive, the legislative and the judicial. A People's Branch allows all eligible citizens to participate directly in government. A People's Branch is the ultimate oversight, Checks and Balances of government simply by citizen/constituents participating directly in government alongside their officials and bureaucrats!

The People's Branch works by making it possible for citizen constituents of every official to vote to pass or fail their official's vote concerning legislative matters. It is a simple matter of the constituents having the binding authority over their elected official/office holder's vote on legislative matters. The People will always protect their and their loved ones own best interest by using their authority in the People's Branch to pass or fail their official's vote.

Therefore, when People's Branch members pass by majority, their elected official's vote, then this lets the official's vote stand with no change necessary. However, if the official's vote concerning a legislative matter is failed by a majority vote of their constituents participating in the People's Branch then that official's vote is officially cancelled. This makes it the same as if that official has not yet voted."

Read more How It Works

Sounds good but not sure.

Old 07-30-2018, 09:29 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,902,651 times
People get the government they deserve. Western society as a whole is utterly wicked and corrupt. Yet its government should somehow magically be better than that?? Please help me understand be that. It seems somewhat naive to think that way.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:28 AM

247 posts, read 180,904 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
People get the government they deserve. Western society as a whole is utterly wicked and corrupt. Yet its government should somehow magically be better than that?? Please help me understand be that. It seems somewhat naive to think that way.
They do deserve it.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:03 PM

17,573 posts, read 15,237,377 times
I thought someone had to be elected before they became evil and corrupt..

Old 07-31-2018, 05:05 PM

19,016 posts, read 27,574,271 times
There is one system, forgotten and kept mum about, that works.
It is enlightened monarchy.
Enlightened is the key word.

Monarchy, per se, is a very quick action system. Also, when entire power is in hands of single person, and that person is incorruptible, that resolves your query, OP.

Old 07-31-2018, 05:44 PM

8,480 posts, read 6,884,817 times
Nothing much has changed in the acquisition of power since the days of the Neanderthal. The Alpha male kills off the opposition with his war club, takes most of the stuff and doles out just enough to keep the underlings happy and unaware. It's gotten more sophisticated over time but the basics are pretty much the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates