Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2018, 11:34 PM

1,892 posts, read 2,532,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
The stressful life of a accountant? That has to be be one of the top five most hilarious comments I have ever read on a Internet forum.
Not nearly as hilarious as those who think for whatever ridiculous reason that just because you dress up in boots and a uniform your job is "stressful" or even "important" when compared to jobs with any other employer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2018, 05:20 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeCPA View Post
Not nearly as hilarious as those who think for whatever ridiculous reason that just because you dress up in boots and a uniform your job is "stressful" or even "important" when compared to jobs with any other employer.
sadly though its not halloween and not dressing up for fun.... get a grip... they cant walk out of the job when they like.. they cant answer back.. they take orders even if they dont agree with the orders....

Old 08-04-2018, 07:00 AM

2,656 posts, read 1,374,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by COJeff View Post
Social Justice?

Really?
People have died and otherwise suffered greatly to bring about poaitive change in this country

Old 08-04-2018, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
sadly though its not halloween and not dressing up for fun.... get a grip... they cant walk out of the job when they like.. they cant answer back.. they take orders even if they dont agree with the orders....
Sounds like every job I've ever had. I do have a grip, on reality. How about you?

Old 08-04-2018, 02:39 PM

12,386 posts, read 8,146,609 times
Quote:
Sounds like every job I've ever had. I do have a grip, on reality. How about you?
The OP left out the rest of the quit or strike consequences. That of being arrested and possibly put in prison for refusing to go to work or refusing to forcibly being reallocated and told where you must live

Old 08-04-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
The OP left out the rest of the quit or strike consequences. That of being arrested and possibly put in prison for refusing to go to work or refusing to forcibly being reallocated and told where you must live
Also left out the part of your employer paying for your housing costs, medical and a whole bunch of other benefits. Being able to travel the world on your employer's dime. There are advantages and disadvantages of having the military as your employer, I think we can all agree on that. Going back and forth over the internet listing each one is pointless. Bottom line is that for most who join it's their best financial and/or lifestyle choice. You know, just like how most other people chose who they want to work for. That's the beauty of capitalism, you're generally compensated for what you're worth.

Old 08-04-2018, 05:33 PM

1,991 posts, read 900,039 times
Quote:
Also left out the part of your employer paying for your housing costs, medical and a whole bunch of other benefits. Being able to travel the world on your employer's dime. There are advantages and disadvantages of having the military as your employer, I think we can all agree on that. Going back and forth over the internet listing each one is pointless. Bottom line is that for most who join it's their best financial and/or lifestyle choice. You know, just like how most other people chose who they want to work for. That's the beauty of capitalism, you're generally compensated for what you're worth.
See, there's your problem. To enlist or be commissioned in the military is not employment. You take an oath to serve your country. Only 7% of the US population are Veterans. If serving your country was just "employment" then that number would be a lot higher. Maybe even include stressed out accountants.

Old 08-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC23 View Post
See, there's your problem. To enlist or be commissioned in the military is not employment. You take an oath to serve your country. Only 7% of the US population are Veterans. If serving your country was just "employment" then that number would be a lot higher. Maybe even include stressed out accountants.
I have no problem, but you sure seem to. Never knew people in the military worked for free. So if the military isn't an employer, logically speaking, those who receive a paycheck and other benefits from them can file for unemployment right? Less than 1% of the US population are past or present employees of Facebook. If working for Facebook was just "employment", the number would be a lot higher, maybe even including stressed out people who wear military uniforms but for some nebulous reason are still considered "unemployed". Imagine that, receiving a paycheck, a housing allowance, medical care, discounts, pensions, AND unemployment. Now that's what I call a sweet deal.

Old 08-04-2018, 08:09 PM

19,039 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Travel the world on your employers dime... lol

I much prefer the trips I’ve paid for out of pocket since leaving the military. Only a total ass would compare them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 08-04-2018, 08:22 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Pursuant to the Declaration of Independence, governments are instituted among men to secure endowed rights (inc. liberties and property) from predators, foreign and domestic. Though a stern talking to might suffice in some occasions, the exercise of force is the usual means to induce predators to cease and desist. In that regard, military service, placing one's own life and liberty on the line, is superior to all other forms of public service. Nay, I might say it is THE litmus test for establishing one's selfless sense of duty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates