Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 07:30 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
I feel that a lot of people in work places who are behave too dramatically towards other co-workers, are coffee drinkers a lot of the time I find. Like they will drink a lot of coffee.

One co-worker who was a drama queen to everyone and too stressed out and took things out on others, always had a tall extra large coffee with him all the time, throughout the day. He just drinks them steady. But it seems the ones who do drink lots of coffee, are the ones who act more dramatically towards others, probably because of the caffeine, I am guessing.

I feel that if this is the case, then coffee should be banned from workplaces. It may sound harsh, like an infringement on rights of what to do drink, but I feel that if other drugs are banned from work places, that would cause workers to behave dramatically towards others, then why not caffeine as well? Why should it get a pass if it still causes dramatic behavior? I know that there are a lot of drama queens in the workplace that are not heavy caffeine drinkers, but it seems that about maybe 60% of them are, and by controlling the caffeine, those 60% will be more relaxed without that caffeine intake. I got nothing against people drinking drinks with caffeine, I just feel they should do it at home or away from the workplace.

But what do you think?
RIDICULOUS THREAD, banning coffee at work? What’s next? Banning water for some absurd reason? Caffeine doesn’t cause drama, people do!

Last edited by CGab; 09-02-2018 at 07:39 PM..

Old 09-02-2018, 07:42 PM

813 posts, read 600,452 times
Some people can't handle it, luckily I can, and I'd throat-punch anyone who tried to take it away!

How's that for drama?

Good luck, Rg

Old 09-02-2018, 08:53 PM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Ban water in the office, too many people waste time urinating in urinals instead of working

Ban homemade lunches, too many people bring in smelly food.

Bans sodas, too many overweight people in the office.

OP, what else do we need to ban? Or maybe create your own company and you can run it like North Korea as much as you want.

Old 09-02-2018, 08:55 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,067,385 times
Water is nourishing. Lunch is nourishing. Caffeine is not, and causes people to get negative energy in comparison, or so I thought.

Old 09-02-2018, 09:24 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,371,084 times
No.

Old 09-02-2018, 10:35 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Caffeine is great for energy and probably does make people more productive, until the 'crash' comes...I doubt managers and bosses like that too much!

Old 09-02-2018, 11:04 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Are you kidding? Coffee got me through my work days!

And just who would ban coffee from the workplace, anyway? I mean, who would have the authority to do so?

Old 09-02-2018, 11:20 PM

50,766 posts, read 24,261,465 times
I remember when I first started teaching, I would just shake my head when I would see other teachers drinking a Coke first thing in the morning. Ten years later, I was into it, too. No doubt it was the caffeine.

Old 09-02-2018, 11:23 PM

3,687 posts, read 2,408,199 times
Quote:
I feel that a lot of people in work places who are behave too dramatically towards other co-workers, are coffee drinkers a lot of the time I find. Like they will drink a lot of coffee.

One co-worker who was a drama queen to everyone and too stressed out and took things out on others, always had a tall extra large coffee with him all the time, throughout the day. He just drinks them steady. But it seems the ones who do drink lots of coffee, are the ones who act more dramatically towards others, probably because of the caffeine, I am guessing.
You claim you're guessing.

Quote:

I feel that if this is the case, then coffee should be banned from workplaces.
Absolutely not.

Just think if daily coffee drinkers did not have their coffee.

Quote:
It may sound harsh, like an infringement on rights of what to do drink, but I feel that if other drugs are banned from work places, that would cause workers to behave dramatically towards others, then why not caffeine as well? Why should it get a pass if it still causes dramatic behavior? I know that there are a lot of drama queens in the workplace that are not heavy caffeine drinkers, but it seems that about maybe 60% of them are, and by controlling the caffeine, those 60% will be more relaxed without that caffeine intake. I got nothing against people drinking drinks with caffeine, I just feel they should do it at home or away from the workplace.
These constant caffeinaters are possibly wound too tight to begin with and have poor social skills.

As for drinking too much coffee/caffeine, there is that saying, "things are best in moderation."

As for the 60% statistic, is this valid data with a sufficient sample size?

And, what industry is this?

Old 09-02-2018, 11:32 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

I feel that if this is the case, then coffee should be banned from workplaces. It may sound harsh, like an infringement on rights of what to do drink, but I feel that if other drugs are banned from work places, that would cause workers to behave dramatically towards others, then why not caffeine as well? Why should it get a pass if it still causes dramatic behavior? I know that there are a lot of drama queens in the workplace that are not heavy caffeine drinkers, but it seems that about maybe 60% of them are, and by controlling the caffeine, those 60% will be more relaxed without that caffeine intake. I got nothing against people drinking drinks with caffeine, I just feel they should do it at home or away from the workplace.

But what do you think?
I've never worked in an office, where having food at the desk during work hours (not counting lunch) was allowed at all. No break room with a pot of coffee, or anything. No behavior problems, either, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates