U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:08 AM

52 posts, read 13,350 times

Advertisements

I hope the site administrator will input on this one. It feels as if any meaningful disagreement to the civil disobedience of drug laws is met with hostility by the posters and moderators.

Drugs are a VERY lengthy and historic topic which hold many centuries of debate, but changed radically in 1794 as a scientific endeavor. It is in my view not relevant to allow the personal stories of the disobedient who hide behind HIPPA laws to take precedent over the survivors of drug crime and activity who are likewise not published because of HIPPA laws.

Tootsie has been reported by me to the site administrator for showing bias to the opposing viewpoint. If I am not allowed to participate in this debate, so be it. But let it be known that when someone TRIED to offer the opposing view it was censored, and the supporters WERE SNARKY. If the debate is TOO HOT for rational discussion, then the topic should be closed in spirit with the "Great Debates" higher standards.

Old Today, 10:20 AM

15,661 posts, read 9,238,175 times
TexasBard - I deleted your last post with a brief explanation and a note saying I’d DM you with more of an explanation later. Please read the Terms of Service as well as the posting guidelines for Great Debates. Discussing moderation in the public forums is a TOS violation; but I didn’t issue an infraction for that. Your previous posts may have had valid and interesting content; but they weren’t a direct rebuttal or proponent of the OP. It’s early on in this, admittedly, poorly constructed debate - so we try to keep the debate narrowly focused (as discussed in the sticky you should read before posting in this forum again). Again, perhaps I give too much leeway and consideration when I merely edit or delete a post instead of issuing infractions from the jump.

This thread is locked so a senior moderator can address it.

Last edited by toosie; Today at 10:30 AM..
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or