U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 01:04 PM

6,433 posts, read 6,064,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Mankind can go on if only one virile man exists. It would be much harder with a harem of men and 1 fertile female - God bless her soul, lol.

Children are the future. A male lion has a pride of lioness'. A buck has a harem of does. Can anyone think of an example where nature and evolution has played that out in the reverse among mammals?

Women and children first is about saving the future.

The strongest will be the last man standing.

No, not among mammals because that would be a quick way to go extinct since the males would kill all the females and young - but yes for some kinds of fish and birds. But I can think of many examples of both herd and non-herd matriarchal animals in which no breeding age males are allowed to remain within the herd, males have no harems except for young bachelor male harems who are all homosexual amongst themselves, and true breeding rights in season is strictly at the discretion of the matriarch of a breeding herd.

Last edited by Zoisite; 01-20-2019 at 01:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2019, 01:56 PM

653 posts, read 225,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
That's absolutely NOT the reason why China changed to a 2-child policy. That stuff about gender imbalance and Chinese men not finding mates was just a spiteful nonsense rumour that got started in USA around 2005 and then it spread via internet. Here are the real reasons why China changed to a 2-child policy so that SOME families (not all) are now allowed or are subsidized for two children. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-child_policy

BTW, the United Kingdom has a 2-child policy now too. I give it another 20 years and USA will be instituting a 1 or 2 child policy too.

The two child policy does not limit family size, but it does limit the tax credit benefit to two children - regardless of income. I guess they are hoping people on the dole will think twice before having larger families. The US already limits child tax credits in the form of phase outs for people with higher incomes.

Regarding family size: US tax credit policy favors lower income people. UK tax credit hurts lower income families more than higher income families.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:37 PM

546 posts, read 157,748 times
As a modern man sensitive to women's struggles and a believer in equality, I would never insult a woman by insisting she get in a lifeboat or out of a burning building before me.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:41 PM

2,476 posts, read 918,451 times
Default "Live by the sword, die by the sword."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
For all of human history we have had a "we must always defend and protect the women!" attitude and philosophy.. Which makes sense as they have been the ones ton give life, but clearly things are far different today, with over 7 billion humans we most certainly aren't close to going extinct. According to Matthew White’s estimate on the page Worldwide Statistics of Casualties, Massacres, Disasters and Atrocities., a total of about 123 million men died in all wars of the 20th Century. Hypothetically speaking, say the exact same number of women just dropped dead tomorrow as all the number of men who have died in war in the 20th century, while obviously it would be extremely sad and tragic. do you think 123 million women instantly dropping dead would be as inherently worse than the same number of men instantly dropping dead?
Such an "flaming" question.

You won't see any comprehensive records of how many women have been killed in wars. Women and children are treated as collateral damage. Who keeps track of them except for their own families?

"Defending and protecting" women hasn't worked very well. On average one in three woman in the world are victims of violence and more than 1/2 of them don't report it.

We are close to being extinct as we continue to ignore our impact on the environment and continue to spew out garbage as only 7 billion people can do. There are approx. 15,000 nuclear warheads in the world. A mere few of those will wipe out the planet. Extinct.

I love our soldiers. We hand over our babies.

Old 01-20-2019, 02:58 PM

2,476 posts, read 918,451 times
[quote=Joey2k;54201174]As a modern man sensitive to women's struggles and a believer in equality, I would never insult a woman by insisting she get in a lifeboat or out of a burning building before me.

You are showing your true colors and are not a modern sensitive man otherwise you would not have posted such an inflammatory nonintellectual statement. What you show is resentment and disdain for the Goddess.

Old 01-20-2019, 03:59 PM

3,886 posts, read 2,901,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
We are close to being extinct as we continue to ignore our impact on the environment and continue to spew out garbage as only 7 billion people can do. There are approx. 15,000 nuclear warheads in the world. A mere few of those will wipe out the planet. Extinct.
Life would never go totally extinct. After any sort of global nuclear event, single cell organisms would resume mutating and evolution would start all over again. Would the same creatures arise from the reboot of evolution? No because the new mutations would be randomly different from what occurred in the past but that would be a good thing.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 PM

10,735 posts, read 7,821,161 times
I believe women are a liability on the battlefield because of the instinct our guys have to be protectors.
And I don't think men in general are able to see women blown up on the battlefield without adding a whole new level of psychological trauma for them.
Boys love their moms!
A distraction guys don't need in combat.

Old 01-20-2019, 04:48 PM

653 posts, read 225,295 times
[quote=kitty61;54201320]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
As a modern man sensitive to women's struggles and a believer in equality, I would never insult a woman by insisting she get in a lifeboat or out of a burning building before me.

You are showing your true colors and are not a modern sensitive man otherwise you would not have posted such an inflammatory nonintellectual statement. What you show is resentment and disdain for the Goddess.
He thinks he is being clever and funny.

Old 01-20-2019, 07:21 PM

1,611 posts, read 577,681 times
he is.

Old 01-20-2019, 08:18 PM

4,014 posts, read 2,223,037 times
I think any innocent person dying is equally sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or