U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 04:37 PM

262 posts, read 235,783 times

Advertisements

Women on the Titanic

Women Children Men

Total Women Total: 412 Died: 108 Survived: 304 % Survived: 74%

Total Children Total: 112 Died: 56 Survived: 56 % Survived: 50%

Total Men Total: 776 Died: 648 Survived: 128 % Survived: 16%
Titanic: Demographics of the Passengers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2019, 04:48 PM

5,587 posts, read 8,347,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newne View Post
. do you think 123 million women instantly dropping dead would be as inherently worse than the same number of men instantly dropping dead?
Are they hot?

Ok, but seriously:
As stated it's due to reproduction.

So a 65 year old (male or female) is less important to the species than a 25 year old of either sex.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I have yet to meet any guy who was a 'protector.' When I was in public school I was harassed and randomly beaten by males on a frequent basis. Some were adults and some weren't yet. Nothing was ever done about it. I have never once been protected by a man. I've never been protected by anyone.
statistically This is 100% improbably as you are alive to post this.

Men in the military also rape the women. So, I don't think the guys are that much of a protector. No protective instincts involved in raping, maiming, and killing women or even standing by while a woman is harmed.
again... Those nasty facts: rape and sexual assault in the military happens.... They are only human. But it happens LESS OFTEN than similar demographics outside the military. (General public, collage campus, grocery store, etc)

So, I don't see where male soldiers seeing a woman soldier killed would be any more traumatic than seeing another male soldier killed.
Obviously (by your other statements) you have neither a firm grasp of reality, or a factual viewpoint.
...but haters gonna hate, and the U.S. Military (from which I am medically retired) protects your right to hate us.

No thanks necessary.

Old 01-21-2019, 05:40 PM

434 posts, read 174,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Women and children first had nothing to do with valuing women’s life more. It had to do with women viewed as weaker and unable to defend themselves.
Well it just SUCKS that so many women benefited from all that awful "benevolent sexism..."
I swear, women will complain about living longer than men and insist that's men's fault as well...

Also, speaking of women being "viewed" as being weaker and unable to defend themselves... if that's not true... then why are men CONTINUOUSLY blasted for "hurting women" and not stepping in to "protect them?"

Women cannot prop themselves up as "strong women" if those strong women constantly need those "evil" men's help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
BTW, the United Kingdom has a 2-child policy now too. I give it another 20 years and USA will be instituting a 1 or 2 child policy too.
I wish! Good luck with that. I know it's gotten really old to keep referencing the movie 'Idiocracy' but the opening scene explaining how the dumb and poor easily outbreed the smart and financially secure hits home every damn day when a US citizen watches the news.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 PM

890 posts, read 442,608 times
I'm sure women love hearing that men value them more because they can take on the duty of squeezing out one baby after another if a society ever needs to ratchet up its population numbers.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 PM

6,513 posts, read 3,617,083 times
Biologically the women first thing makes sense. But children? Just takes 9 months to make a new one.

Old 01-21-2019, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I'm sure women love hearing that men value them more because they can take on the duty of squeezing out one baby after another if a society ever needs to ratchet up its population numbers.
You mean how men like it that they aren't worth as much as women for the same reasons?

Old 01-21-2019, 10:32 PM

320 posts, read 167,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Women and children first had nothing to do with valuing women’s life more. It had to do with women viewed as weaker and unable to defend themselves.
But women are not weaker than men

so we should modify it today to

"straight women of child bearing age who choose not to use contraceptives and are willing to have more children "

Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlymike View Post
Women on the Titanic

Women Children Men

Total Women Total: 412 Died: 108 Survived: 304 % Survived: 74%

Total Children Total: 112 Died: 56 Survived: 56 % Survived: 50%

Total Men Total: 776 Died: 648 Survived: 128 % Survived: 16%
Titanic: Demographics of the Passengers
sue them... bastards
this is sexism

Old 01-21-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey2k View Post
As a modern man sensitive to women's struggles and a believer in equality, I would never insult a woman by insisting she get in a lifeboat or out of a burning building before me.

NOT HAPPENING

I will use the race card , autism card whatever it takes to get ahead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or