Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 08:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Hungary's fertility rate is only 1.5, and their new leader doesn't want any immigrants coming into the country, so what's the alternative? Increase the Fertility Rate!

Their ideas: Women with 4 children or more will never have to pay income tax.
Those below the age of 40 who get married will be eligible for cheap mortgages with increasing amounts of the money written off as they have more babies.
A scheme that offers cheap mortgages to buy new homes will be broadened and growing families will also get help buying seven seater cars.
Child care provision will be increased.

This plan is expected to cost taxpayers $500 million by the year 2020.

Now! What if these children grow up, go to college, and then emigrate to another country?

I have read, that in China, when they allowed women to have 2 children, instead of just one, 70% showed no interest in having another child.
This is similar to what Russia and other far-right regimes are getting into...they need cannon fodder as well as people to man the factories. Also, it makes for a "hitler-like" whisper....like "real hungarians and russians need to make more pure hungarians and russians".

We've seen and heard all this before - many a time!

"Once members of the distaff wing of the Hitler Youth movement, the League of German Girls, turned 18, they became eligible for a branch called Faith and Beauty, which trained these girls in the art of becoming ideal mothers. One component of that ideal was fecundity. And so each year, in honor of his beloved mother, Klara, and in memory of her birthday, a gold medal was awarded to women with seven children, a silver to women with six, and a bronze to women with five."

Fact is, we are generally overpopulated. The Wars in Europe are/were largely based on that and they did a fine job of killing off the "excesses". There is no reason for these countries to play the game of building up large populations....except for war and stuff like that.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:24 PM

3,981 posts, read 6,736,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
So only women who are simple minded want to become mothers?
Hyperbole aside there is some truth to this assertion (unfortunately):

Moms ages 40 to 44 who lack a high school diploma have about 2.9 children in their lifetimes, on average, while those with a high school diploma or some college have about 2.4 kids. Mothers at the end of their childbearing years who have a bachelor’s degree or higher have about 2.2 children on average.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:54 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I don't think there are many young newly weds/young families from USA and Canada, no matter what their colour, ethnicity or religion is, who would want to immigrate to a tiny country whose government only wants people who will commit themselves to the national majority religion and commit themselves to producing broods of babies for that nation.

The point of recruiting whites from the USA/Canada is so that they can maintain their homogenity and NOT have to con people into having broods of kids. Increase your population through immigration but have highly selective immigration based on what ever it is that nation wants.

Despite all the cheer leading on jobs and the economy there are still alot of smart white people that are not doing so hot in the USA or canada.

If you want smart educated people have the programs in place to attract these people. I imagine that alot of smart people in the USA are getting burned out on the hyper focus on sales and quarter end profits needing to be on your resume and how you led the charge for the CEO to make a gillion dollars in 1 quarter, etc etc.

There are a lot of super smart people ripe for the picking all over who are burned out on our hyper capitalized culture (gig job, lay off, contract work, lay off, new job for a few years, lay off, start a business, fail (because you never really had the proper start up capital and business plan anyways you were just desperate ... look for a job again, etc). Methods, quality, processes, materials, mathematics none of this matters, all that matters is if you can con someone into clicking yes on their pay pal account.

We need to stop calling everyone entrepreneurs, start ups. Most of the time its just desperate people that cant navigate the ever increasingly fussy employers. They dont really have the capital or idea to truly start a successful business, they are just trying to do something ... anything to get some cash flow.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:36 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,554,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
So why don’t they recruit white people from the USA and Canada?
They want Hungarians, not just any white people

Quote:
I don't think there are many young newly weds/young families from USA and Canada, no matter what their colour, ethnicity or religion is, who would want to immigrate to a tiny country whose government only wants people who will commit themselves to the national majority religion and commit themselves to producing broods of babies for that nation.

There are posts in the Europe section of people wanting to move to Hungary and parts of Europe but they do not just want anyone. They want people that have a work skill or people like me that can show their parents or grandparents were born there.

One big problem is people not being able to speak Hungarian. The google translate app is not accurate for a normal conversation. In order for me to use it with my uncle or cousin I have to type one sentence at a time, then I will give it to my Hungarian neighbor who then goes over it for accuracy. Hungarian is a very difficult language to learn. Unfortunately my parents never taught us.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:47 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Starting young does not necessarily mean you’re going to end young however anyway. My nephew started when he was 18. The oldest is now 21 in the Marines, but their youngest is still only 5. I wonder if delaying the start of the first child, resulted in smaller families, and actually saves money in the long run for many?
Exactly. I have a coworker who has one kid who is about 21 and his youngest is an infant. I think he is probably in his 40s. I have a friend who is 40 and she also has 3 kids in the older age range and an infant. A third friend in her 40s has kids who are probably about 10 and 12 and one is an infant.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:57 AM

4,212 posts, read 3,759,540 times
If anything, we need to decrease the population by several billion. The second we begin to deplete natural resources faster than they can replenish themselves is when we need to stop and figure out a plan to reduce the amount of births each year in order to keep the population fairly consistent. Less population means less pollution, less traffic, more jobs, better quality of life, etc.

For instance, this is why, even though I disagree with abortion, I believe if someone wants one, its their right to do so. Its also the reason why I am fine with the death penalty, suicide, and its the same reason why I am not a huge fan of the safety nets we are surrounded by today that are implemented in almost every aspect of our life. Just let us live to the fullest and if we do something dumb and die because of it, well that was our choice. Perhaps small changes such as this would slowly bring the population down to a manageable level.

I don't understand the concept of those that feel we need more people on this already crowded earth. My house has 4 bedrooms, but it doesn't mean they all need to be filled.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:02 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,114,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
If anything, we need to decrease the population by several billion. The second we begin to deplete natural resources faster than they can replenish themselves is when we need to stop and figure out a plan to reduce the amount of births each year in order to keep the population fairly consistent. Less population means less pollution, less traffic, more jobs, better quality of life, etc.

For instance, this is why, even though I disagree with abortion, I believe if someone wants one, its their right to do so. Its also the reason why I am fine with the death penalty, suicide, and its the same reason why I am not a huge fan of the safety nets we are surrounded by today that are implemented in almost every aspect of our life. Just let us live to the fullest and if we do something dumb and die because of it, well that was our choice. Perhaps small changes such as this would slowly bring the population down to a manageable level.

I don't understand the concept of those that feel we need more people on this already crowded earth. My house has 4 bedrooms, but it doesn't mean they all need to be filled.
This is an interesting concept, I have always been in favor of more safety nets but perhaps that just encourages out of control breeding .....

The problem is that you and I are not some arbiter outside of said system and bad fortune is not always a result of doing something dumb ...

Old 03-07-2019, 12:57 PM

9,512 posts, read 6,101,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Long term birth control use is one, another is some vaccines are making women sterile.
Yes, not only an alleged side effect of the H-PV v@cc1ne but the also the desired effect of the hCG; developed specifically for anti-fertility.

Not to forget; the allegations dating back to the 1990s of the hCG-laced Tetanus v@cc1ne in the Philippines, Mexico, Peru, Nicaragua, Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, DR Congo & India. The latest allegations reported as recently as 2018. All WHO/UNICEF sponsored campaigns.

Both of whom would certainly not be involved in such gross violations of human rights per the Nuremberg principles, which could be submitted to the International Criminal Court in the Hague?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGC View Post
Why on earth do we need to increase the fertility rate? There already enough parents who don't want to raise their own damn kids.
Besides the obvious reasons for the worker to beneficiary ratio & urban decay?

An unfortunate byproduct of the zero population growth agenda & the "population bomb" propaganda was that it changed the mantra from; "A country's greatest natural resource is it's children" to; "The greatest threat to a country's natural resources is its children."

When a country tries to supplement its population with migration, the fear is that; "The greatest threat to a country's resources is another country's children."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
My elitist, classist view is that western governments should be offering all kinds of incentives for the best & the brightest to reproduce. The birth rate among white collar professionals worldwide is staggeringly low. From both genetics and environment, however you weight them, those are the children most likely to contribute meaningfully to society. Instead, we have Idiocracy. It's a particularly huge problem in Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and northern Europe.
A known historical & anthropological fact is that the more socio-economically compromised a population is; the higher the fertility rates are.

White-collar professionals are not socio-economically compromised but a society of only white-collar professionals is not economically sustainable. It's the unfortunate reality behind the meme; "Men in blue denim built this country but men with white collars are destroying it".

That's why Eugenic principles will always contribute to the societal collapse.

Quote:
They asked the women everywhere to reduce their child production from 6 children to 4 or less, and over the course of the next 35 - 40 years the women have collectively and very willingly reduced from 6 children per family to 3 or 2 children per village family and even less in the cities.
India's women have responded to requests to practice family planning but this is going to backfire unless the governments involved start to provide informed consent. Mass sterilization campaigns are cheaper than contraceptive education & supplies & a human rights investigation in 2014 found that many sterilized women had not been informed of any other option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
In my opinion, overpopulation is our world's biggest long-term problem.
It's starting to look like the world's biggest long-term problem is the people concerned with overpopulation.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:14 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Yes, not only an alleged side effect of the H-PV v@cc1ne but the also the desired effect of the hCG; developed specifically for anti-fertility.

Not to forget; the allegations dating back to the 1990s of the hCG-laced Tetanus v@cc1ne in the Philippines, Mexico, Peru, Nicaragua, Tanzania, Nigeria, Kenya, DR Congo & India. The latest allegations reported as recently as 2018. All WHO/UNICEF sponsored campaigns.

Both of whom would certainly not be involved in such gross violations of human rights per the Nuremberg principles, which could be submitted to the International Criminal Court in the Hague?

Besides the obvious reasons for the worker to beneficiary ratio & urban decay?

An unfortunate byproduct of the zero population growth agenda & the "population bomb" propaganda was that it changed the mantra from; "A country's greatest natural resource is it's children" to; "The greatest threat to a country's natural resources is its children."

When a country tries to supplement its population with migration, the fear is that; "The greatest threat to a country's resources is another country's children."

A known historical & anthropological fact is that the more socio-economically compromised a population is; the higher the fertility rates are.

White-collar professionals are not socio-economically compromised but a society of only white-collar professionals is not economically sustainable. It's the unfortunate reality behind the meme; "Men in blue denim built this country but men with white collars are destroying it".

That's why Eugenic principles will always contribute to the societal collapse.

India's women have responded to requests to practice family planning but this is going to backfire unless the governments involved start to provide informed consent. Mass sterilization campaigns are cheaper than contraceptive education & supplies & a human rights investigation in 2014 found that many sterilized women had not been informed of any other option.

It's starting to look like the world's biggest long-term problem is the people concerned with overpopulation.
There are not enough resources for everyone right now if everyone has 4-6 children. People are living longer in developing countries and there is no need for anyone to have 4-6 children anymore. It is one thing when the life expectancy is 40-50 because so many children are dying, but now the lowest life expectancy is above 50. It keeps going up. If at 50 people are already grandparents, that is a lot of grandchildren per person. That is not a sustainable solution.

Old 03-07-2019, 04:52 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,317,831 times
There are people who never should get married. There are people who never should have children. Paying them $$$ to have children is not a good idea. Money does not make a good parent. Do you really want to go down this road? As child growing up in a situation like that, you are not doing these future children any favors. Let the individuals decide for themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates