U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:16 PM

15,989 posts, read 29,820,914 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts View Post
Of course. Why wouldn't she be?

The double standard is almost as disgusting as the act itself.
If only my 8th grade English teacher had tried that with me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2010, 12:11 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,693,509 times
Depends on the situation.
I do think that people can reform if they truly want to and if proper steps are taken.
I would have to actually know more about their history and their treatment before making a commitment though.

As another poster spoke of statutory rape.
If a woman was 19 and was put in jail for having sex with a 15 year old I would still date her.
Because not doing so would make me a huge hypocrite.
I dated adult women in my teens. Ones between the ages of 18-21.
Some knew and some did not. But this is only in a specific situation that is similar.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:13 PM

1,203 posts, read 1,693,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
So, is a 30 year old woman who seduces a 15 year old boy a "sex offender" or is she just giving him a wonderful introduction to the joys of adulthood....
In all of the states of the U.S., under law she would be.
Under the opinion of quite a few people in the U.S. culture she would be.

In my opinion if he agreed to it no harm no foul.
If he were say 10 years old then I would feel differently.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 AM

31 posts, read 26,367 times
personally i think there are a lot of woman out there that would. i mean DAMN if there capable of falling in love with serial killers such as dahmer / bundy etc then sex offenders should be a walk in the park for them lmao...i think in dahmer case one of the actual jury members fell inlove with him and with bundy, there is a documentary stating that he had "visits" from female groupies in prison from time to time....brave ladies if you ask me lmao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or