U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 AM

79 posts, read 190,099 times

Advertisements

I am entitled to my opinion... I didn't expect all these attacks. Why the attacks? I was not rude or disrespectful of yours ideas and beliefs that I don't subscribe to nor will I ever. Please have more respect for hard working, tax paying, honest good people like myself. I don't feel like any of you are open to other peoples opinions...it's your way or the F***ing highway. Am I wrong? I could sit here and quote facts and figures about guns and vegetarianism and why I feel the way I do, but I have better things to do. If I knew you would listen with an open mind though I might consider it, but I know that isn't going to happen.Anyway, realistically all this trying to scare me into thinking your way and disregarding my way is really a waste of your time because I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw guns, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last one of them. Have a great day.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 AM

1,008 posts, read 638,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieann View Post
I am entitled to my opinion... I didn't expect all these attacks. Why the attacks? I was not rude or disrespectful of yours ideas and beliefs that I don't subscribe to nor will I ever. Please have more respect for hard working, tax paying, honest good people like myself. I don't feel like any of you are open to other peoples opinions...it's your way or the F***ing highway. Am I wrong? I could sit here and quote facts and figures about guns and vegetarianism and why I feel the way I do, but I have better things to do. If I knew you would listen with an open mind though I might consider it, but I know that isn't going to happen.Anyway, realistically all this trying to scare me into thinking your way and disregarding my way is really a waste of your time because I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw guns, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last one of them. Have a great day.

When your opinion entails attempting to strip sovereign citizens of their inherent rights you ought to expect to receive a lot of attacks.

If you wanted to strip citizens of their rights you'd better make sure to eat your spinach, you'd need all the strength you could get, Popeye.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:18 AM

1,008 posts, read 638,678 times
Quote:

When the choices are protecting our Constitutional rights or going to gulags, you're right it is our way or the highway. Patriots didn't ASK George III to go away and let the colonies have freedom.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 AM

15,194 posts, read 17,663,206 times
Quote:
I am entitled to my opinion... I didn't expect all these attacks. Why the attacks? I was not rude or disrespectful of yours ideas and beliefs that I don't subscribe to nor will I ever. Please have more respect for hard working, tax paying, honest good people like myself. I don't feel like any of you are open to other peoples opinions...it's your way or the F***ing highway. Am I wrong?
Who are you talking to? Who attacked you?

Quote:
I could sit here and quote facts and figures about guns and vegetarianism and why I feel the way I do,
Vegetarianism is off topic now, it was off topic when you brought it up and those who engaged you on that subject were also off topic.

If you want to quote facts and figures about guns, I invite you to do just that - it's why we're here. Should you decide to do that, however, you may find that once you cut through all the anti-gun lies and propaganda, your beliefs aren't supported by those facts and figures.

Quote:
I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw guns, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last one of them.
Try these on for size...
Quote:
I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw free speech, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last opportunity for it.
Quote:
I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw jury trials, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last one of them.
Quote:
I don't have the power, or authority to outlaw states' rights, but if I did, you bet, I would outlaw every last one of them.
Don't those sound kind of silly? Would you stand for it if the government tried to do any of those things? What makes the 2nd Amendment any less important or significant than the rest? Why are you willing (and even advocating) to strip the citizens of this nation of that right, but not the rest?

Old 03-02-2009, 10:14 AM

13,314 posts, read 10,874,568 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone was attacking you per se. Vehament disagreement yes, but that is to be expected in a forum like this. At any rate, if you don't want to own a weapon, that is your right, just as it is mine to choose to do the opposite. Out here where I live we need to be armed. Taking that right away would leave us defensless. I can't keep large predators out of my stock with a slingshot. I have also had to defend myself aginst wild dogs, and without a firearm I would have been lunch. Your situation is obviously different, which is fine. Not everbody is cut out to be a firearms owner, or to live where one NEEDS firearms. Which is fine as well. I'm not judging you or anyone else because of lifestyle choices. Now if you wanted to come out here and take a little horseback trip into our backcountry, you might have to get used to having firearms around, lol, but since that is unlikely you can enjoy a gun free lifestyle and we can just live and let live.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:44 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,502,690 times
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles
Quote:
When your opinion entails attempting to strip sovereign citizens of their inherent rights you ought to expect to receive a lot of attacks.
It is my experience that gun fetishists view everyone who doesn't share their fetish and / or everyone who disagrees with their fetish as an abomination.
It wouldn't surprise me if gun fetishists like DeutschlandUberAlles, oops I mean, OhioUberAlles are also from the Christian right (like the KKK or any other anti-Semitist/white supremacist party).
I might be wrong, then again, a name like OhioUberAlles does tend to give that kinda impression.

FYI how can an opinion strip you of your right?
If the majority of the American citizens want a more strict gun control the American government has to obey.
Or do you also fear democracy?
Or is it more that you fear everything that doesn’t go your way?
I guess change is your greatest enemy.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:53 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,329,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
It is my experience that gun fetishists view everyone who doesn't share their fetish and / or everyone who disagrees with their fetish as an abomination..
Inasmuch as none of your "experiences" have been in the United States, you cannot assume, nor presume, to know how gun owners (not fetishists) feel.

Frankly, Gun owners in the US generally say, if someone does not want to own a firearm - fine. That is certainly their right. I, for one, totally support their right not to own a firearm.

On the same token, Gun Owners, such as myself, ask for the same type of respect from those who do not own a weapon (such as yourself) - you immediately start with the insults towards gun owners (fetishists) - yet gun owners don't hurl such insults at non-gun owners.

I respect "your" right not to have a gun.

Respect "our" right to own a gun.

Simple.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:06 AM

8,567 posts, read 14,502,690 times
Originally Posted by Greatday
Quote:
Inasmuch as none of your "experiences" have been in the United States, you cannot assume, nor presume, to know how gun owners (not fetishists) feel.
Are ya suggesting that the things you post on this board are untrue?
Or are ya tryin’ ta say that you ain't an American?

Quote:
Frankly, Gun owners in the US generally say, if someone does not want to own a firearm - fine. That is certainly their right. I, for one, totally support their right not to own a firearm.
Yet you and your friends 'attack' and try to intimidate everyone who expresses a different opinion than yours.

Quote:
On the same token, Gun Owners, such as myself, ask for the same type of respect from those who do not own a weapon (such as yourself) - you immediately start with the insults towards gun owners (fetishists) - yet gun owners don't hurl such insults at non-gun owners.
According to your previous posts and many DMs I can safely conclude that you've never respected my opinions.
Simple.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,329,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Yet you and your friends 'attack' and try to intimidate everyone who expresses a different opinion than yours.
Gun owners don't "attack" those who don't want to own a firearm. Gun owners will respond when those, such as yourself, try to suggest that gun owners are sub-human.

You have a right to your opinions. I have the right to not agree with them.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:15 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,047,774 times
Default Huh?

Just curious, kellieann, did you find my careful, point-by-point response to your thoughts offensive or insulting? Did you not anticipate some debate and rancor on such a hot topic as this one?

Just curious. I like to better understand my fellow debator. I did notice that you didn't answer any of my questions to you (post #995, page 100, BTW). Perhaps you just glossed over my efforts to accurately and politely respond to you. So far I'm trying to avoid type-casting you, but it's getting harder. Show me where I'm wrong.

Most Sincerely;

The rifleman. Patriot, secular animalist and wildlife biologist, gunsmith and philosopher.

Last edited by rifleman; 03-02-2009 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Addons for Clarity! Sounds like a Church Group!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates