Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2009, 07:12 PM

367 posts, read 1,023,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
Well, you have to start somewhere... You can make it harder for them to get guns. Maybe increase the consequences if criminals are found with unregistered guns...

I live in Pittsburgh right now and it is a super nice and safe place. Detroit is really just a mess... Young people shoot at cars on the expressway for fun... I know there will never be a 100% control over gangstas with guns but something needs to be put in effect...
i don't think it is fair to say to start with gun control. how about controlling the children? parents do not do their jobs and leave society to clean up after them (not all but some) and instead of blaming it on the gun, blame it on irresponsible parenting. (what are kids doing on the expressways? if they are that bored, i'm sure there are 'chores' to keep them occupied. instead we have a bunch of lazy kids who won't do anything unless they are bribed)
that being said, control crime and you control the criminals but society has become to lax for anything to get done, imho

Old 03-14-2009, 08:22 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Boys, any of you who want to be men and come to DC let me know.....

Old 03-14-2009, 08:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
No problem there Sparky

Old 03-14-2009, 08:36 PM

1,688 posts, read 8,146,013 times
Quote:
DC managed to re-elect Marion Barry.... how many times is it now? Four is it?

Let's see... what's the latest? Oh, yes. He forgot - oops! - to pay his income tax. FOR YEARS. Well, he was busy. Perhaps all those drugs addled his brain.

Now if that clown being re-elected time after time isn't proof that DC isn't capable of governing itself, let alone anywhere else, I don't know what is.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:37 PM

1,009 posts, read 874,955 times
Quote:

Is that a challenge to some sort of fight?

Old 03-14-2009, 08:42 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioUberAlles View Post
Is that a challenge to some sort of fight?
Nah - richurch is a girly man

Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
As for your tourism dollars, it's a free country. Go to Disneyland. Oh wait, they don't allow guns either.
Really? Talking out your *** again, church?

Don't answer - you'll just look (even more) silly.

Yet one more glowing example of why you're on my ignore list. I have to admit, though, opening up your posts is somewhat of a guilty pleasure, from which I receive great amusement. Keep up the good work!

Old 03-14-2009, 09:55 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
I travel quite a bit and periodically get to Wisconsin. Don't worry, I won't come armed.
That's smart - Wisconsin is one of only two states that flat-out denies their citizens the right to bear arms.

Obamanois is the other...

Old 03-15-2009, 01:33 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,231,007 times
Originally Posted by Bideshi
Quote:
And now you believe that you can remain unarmed and free. If the US loses it's freedom, the entire world will follow.
LoL, no I do not believe that the US is the world.
I guess Americans only see things in black and white and I can’t blame the American people for doing this because it seems that all your media does is polarise issues.
I just find it alarming that Americans completely ignore their problems with gun control.
Last week Germany had another student shooting*; the boy’s father is a weapons collector and his son could get a hold of a Beretta and 100 bullets so he decided to shoot 16 people and once he got shot himself he committed suicide.
Quote:
Police raided his parents' home later and found they had a collection of 14 guns.

The pistol used in the killing was part of the father's collection, authorities said. German gun laws are fairly restrictive and require owners to control access to them.
Source: student shooting in germany - Google zoeken

Originally Posted by FiveHorses
Quote:
Back on page who-knows, but back some pages ago, you went to great lengths to expound that you are indeed a "patriot" of your country.
Nope, I posted that if ya wanna find out how patriotic I am ya should ask me questions about Dutch history.
I see no difference between a patriot and a blind fundamentalist.
Quote:
But aside from providing great fodder, what business is it of any non-US national the what, where, why or how of legal gun ownership within the legal borders of the US?
I'm just posting my opinion.
Isn't America a nation of freedom of speech?

Originally Posted by Tin Knocker
Quote:
That sure worked well.
It has.
Because of WWII the Dutch realised that racial segregation (which ultimately results in creating 2nd class citizens) is not the path to travel.
Because of this realisation it was easier for the Dutch government to give up all their colonies and acknowledge that their past involving slavery & colonies is plain wrong.
I doubt if the Dutch would've liberated their colonies if WWII hadn't happen.

Originally Posted by Noahma
Quote:
sure shows on a country wide scale that those that do not take precautions to protect and defend themselves have a great potential to turn into victims. Also shows that the "it cannot happen to me" mentality will get you into trouble as well.
It sure tells me that America still is trapped in the 'hurt them before they hurt you' mentality.
Which is the m.o. of a bully and it is a fact that bullies are victims too.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:08 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,064,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveHorses View Post
DC managed to re-elect Marion Barry.... how many times is it now? Four is it?

Let's see... what's the latest? Oh, yes. He forgot - oops! - to pay his income tax. FOR YEARS. Well, he was busy. Perhaps all those drugs addled his brain.

Now if that clown being re-elected time after time isn't proof that DC isn't capable of governing itself, let alone anywhere else, I don't know what is.
The city has a AAA bond rating so the finance people regard it as well managed. If the people in Marion's ward want to keep electing him to the council, that's their democratic right. If you don't like it, tough rocks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates