U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 07:44 PM

5,230 posts, read 7,319,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do we have any hunters on this board?

Do we have anyone who does competitive shooting - like they do at the Olympics?

Yep, plenty of each.
I been hunting for a lonnng time & while I dont shoot in organized competitions much I'v done a few matches.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:48 PM

32,107 posts, read 39,170,046 times
Hunting over 40 years, mostly waterfowl now. Competitive shooter in high school. Have way too many shotguns, and I need another.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker He probably was bored.
Ya still are so naive to believe that guns always prevent crime while you just provided proof that guns also cause crime?
Who's naive? I never said guns ALWAYS do anything. They certainly cause nothing. They enable criminals but they also enable law abiding.
Gun control is always focused on the law abiding & never the criminal.

Quote:
Because you still have psychopaths and 'insane' career criminals.
It is the cops duty to stop these people.
Yeah, AFTER they victimize someone. So in your feeble brain its ok for the police to use a gun to catch a crook, but its bad for a citizen to use one to prevent the crime in the first place.

Quote:
Here in The Netherlands we have no case of citizens shooting at each other because of road rage.
Nor do we have drive by shootings or student shootings.
Simply because guns aren't that easily available as in the US.
None huh? No gun crime? Why must you lie?

Quote:
I guess the people who go on shooting sprees are enjoying themselves which could count as recreation.
Nope, those are crimes, crimes that gun control helps by creating gun free zones & creating anti gun propaganda that allows slow folks to think they are safer by burying their heads in the sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumberBecause not everyone is sane.
But I agree with ya that compared to the US The Netherlands is an utopian paradise.
Sure, how many people immigrate to your country each year?

Quote:
But at least cops and the military are better screened than the average citizen ( or at least they should be).
Cops & the military are made up of average citizens. What do you think, they are a race of supermen?

Quote:
Then, because of the many student shootings and other tragedies, I'd have to conclude that the American parents are failing miserably.
Thats what YOU would conclude. A rational person would conclude that gun control is a failure.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
You never answered the questions about what his crimes were. He was arrested for possession of illegal weapons and "unlicensed ammunition" according to your precious article. No mention was made of why his vehicle was searched other than the vague comment that it "aroused suspicion." As far as I'm concerned this person (you chose to use the insulting term "idiot") from California is innocent. I have seen nothing to prove his guilt, to cause me to believe otherwise.

Possession of weapons, whether legal or not, would not be prosecutable in any reasonable court in this land if the evidence were obtained through an illegal search and seizure. Can you offer any evidence showing the search and seizure to have been legal, and conducted with probable cause?

He wont answer. He is simply happy that something he supports has resulted in an arrest. Weather or not the man actually did anything wrong is irrelevant.

IMO even if the guns were in plain sight no real crime was commited. Time was a crime always had a victim. There were infractions & other little things but nobody went to prison for sillyness like this. Crime was alot lower then too. But the truth is RL & his ilk love crime.
They need it to push their agenda so they perpetuate it by keeping their poor poor & supporting law that does nothing about crime.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:08 PM

3,040 posts, read 10,217,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
He wont answer. He is simply happy that something he supports has resulted in an arrest. Weather or not the man actually did anything wrong is irrelevant.

IMO even if the guns were in plain sight no real crime was commited. Time was a crime always had a victim. There were infractions & other little things but nobody went to prison for sillyness like this. Crime was alot lower then too. But the truth is RL & his ilk love crime.
They need it to push their agenda so they perpetuate it by keeping their poor poor & supporting law that does nothing about crime.
Agreed, TK. So well spoken!

Old 03-17-2009, 10:28 PM

1,688 posts, read 6,601,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Have way too many shotguns, and I need another.

Have you been giving my son lessons or something?!

Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,538,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post

who knows, maybe one day all constitutional rights will be trampled upon by law enforcement, get a ticket for making a speech, go to jail for reading a newspaper, and get executed in prison for speaking out against the goverment. maybe this is something liberals desire from everyone else but themselves.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,062,995 times
Default Logically....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
Well it's Prince William County. Redneck Virginian not Washington DC. Viginia has lax gun laws.
Thank Gawd, eh? Otherwise our legal homeowner might well be dead, the victim of stupid restrictive gun laws.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:33 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,084,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Thank Gawd, eh? Otherwise our legal homeowner might well be dead, the victim of stupid restrictive gun laws.
He was probably selling meth out of the house.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:34 AM

9,616 posts, read 11,062,995 times
Default Ah, comrade, I see you've been posting on C-D! Come with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
who knows, maybe one day all constitutional rights will be trampled upon by law enforcement, get a ticket for making a speech, go to jail for reading a newspaper, and get executed in prison for speaking out against the goverment. maybe this is something liberals desire from everyone else but themselves.
Oh, "ya" mean like in The Soviet Monarchy of Holland?

(PS: I'm pretty sure he's maybe gone into intellectual hybernation! Don't go wakin' him up! They can be so irritable and irrational when they awake!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates