U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2009, 12:00 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
You teed it up. I just hit it. I don't really want to embarrass your mother any more than she already is. I'm sure she's a lovely woman, who just doesn't understand what went wrong.
Your personal insults add nothing positive to the discussion. They are rude and show a total lack of class on your part.

They also violate the terms of service of the CD Forums - the "rules".

Old 03-19-2009, 12:23 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,086,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your personal insults add nothing positive to the discussion. They are rude and show a total lack of class on your part.

They also violate the terms of service of the CD Forums - the "rules".
Well thank you for appointing yourself hall monitor.

Shouldn't you be busy finding the list of 20 state legislatures that have passed secession legislation in the last 5 years. If you can't people will begin to characterize you as a "poser."

Old 03-19-2009, 12:27 PM

5,915 posts, read 7,086,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
All your posts of late are completely off topic and geared toward personal insult and crass comparison. Then you go spouting off about IQ points. Nevertheless ,the fact remains, that you have said NOTHING that makes any relevant points and upholds your position. Ol' Tricky is doing better than you. Wow, thats something to aspire to ain't it?. Pull another card bub, your hand is pretty weak. You have a pile of chips out there to. Call or fold. I'd recommend you cash out while you can still pay for your room.
Actually it was the Tinman who raise the issue of intelligence. I just responded. It's regrettably that you find it difficult to comprehend the self defeating notion that having a gun makes you safer, but from reading your posts on the board I can't say the lack of comprehension is surprising.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well thank you for appointing yourself hall monitor.

Shouldn't you be busy finding the list of 20 state legislatures that have passed secession legislation in the last 5 years. If you can't people will begin to characterize you as a "poser."
They already have been posted (by others) - you are the poser - and the loser.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:50 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Actually it was the Tinman who raise the issue of intelligence. I just responded. It's regrettably that you find it difficult to comprehend the self defeating notion that having a gun makes you safer, but from reading your posts on the board I can't say the lack of comprehension is surprising.
Lol, lack of comprehension of the subject at hand is not a problem that I seem to be having. having a gun DOES make me safer. You forget, I don't live in a big city and guns are a fact of life out here. If I did live in a city I would want a gun also. As it is I have many. Your lapse into personal insult was not started by any other poster. You fell into that when your "arguments" fell on deaf ears with people who could see through your agenda. You have used the term "poser" quite a bit lately. As if you have some lofty position that elevates you above that status yourself.. Most of the posters in here ,at the very least, have had some type of experience with firearms having to be used in defense, whether from two or four legged predators, and have drawn on that experience to further our arguments in favor of private ownership of arms. That is hardly self defeating, and hardly posing. Since you have no such experience to draw on, it is understandable that you cannot see the point behind all that. I feel very secure in my position on this issue and have no basis to accept anything you have said as being relevant at all. Your lapses into personal insult strengthens that view. While it is tempting to respond in kind THAT is self defeating as it accomplishes nothing, other than perhaps, some slight measure of satisfaction. Very slight.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM

13,340 posts, read 10,905,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I agree - MODS, where are YOU?
. The question does beg an answer.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:01 PM

Let's get to the bottom line:

With few exceptions, the Laws of the United States, the United States Constitution, allows for citizens to purchase, and possess, firearms

It is up to the individual to decide if they, the individual, wants to purchase and possess, a firearm - it is not mandatory

There are 10's of millions in the United States who have chosen to purchase and possess a firearm. Just as there are 10's of millions who have chosen just the opposite. And, the above is each individuals RIGHT.

Many (most) states have enacted laws / requirements that would allow those who choose to purchase and possess a firearm, to carry that firearm concealed. Some who own firearms have chosen to avail themselves of this right - some have decided not to. And, this is THEIR right.

No one is suggesting that those who have chosen not to purchase and possess a firearm should, or have to, do so.

Case closed.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:02 PM

3,198 posts, read 2,865,775 times
Default If you report it, they will come.

Sorry for the delay, but I just haven't had much time to get online lately. This thread has definately run it's course though, and there would be just to much work involved to set it right. So this one is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates