U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 AM

7,934 posts, read 14,700,879 times

Advertisements

Why do you think that he and anyone who laughs at this are out in left field.

He is using sarcasm to make an exaggerated point.

The media has done this for centuries.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:49 PM

9,616 posts, read 11,061,524 times
Wink Chuck Schummer's legacy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Knocker View Post
I think him & anyone who takes him serious are out in left field & a threat.

Its simple to see that gun control is paranoia & not the other way around.
You there! Tin Knocker! What sort of name is THAT? What are you doing right now? What are you reading / thinking / eating? Why are you paranoid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleTomCat View Post

OTC: forgive me; who is your post aimed at? Who is "he"? Just curious?

Chuck Schummer (and his unforgettable father.. Oh god save us...) is relentless, big-mouthed, arrogant and a strong believer that government (and in particular, his...) ideas are the best ideas. His blowviations are proven and demonstrated for literally decades of insulting proposed legislation. Now, though, he thinks his party has a vast new mandate @ 53%. Just watch him!

(PS: Bush's 2004 51% of the popular vote apparently clearly showed a "vast polarization and division of the American people". Hmmm... How convenient.)

My virulent dislike of Schummer is just my measured opinion of course. Based on years of observation. Not sure whether you agree or don't. Please though... I hope you won't tell me that you deeply respect "Chuckles". We can get help for you if need be... (TK, you take his left arm and I'll grab him from the right side...)

And please forgive my endless sarcasm and joking. It's my way of hiding my vast insecurities and social fears. Or of trying to keep things more light-hearted. I'll stop if you want.

Old 11-13-2008, 07:53 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,392,137 times
really not about guns is it? its about parenting. that was thrown overboard 30 years ago.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:19 AM

7,934 posts, read 14,700,879 times
Rifleman's comments where sarcasm, and if you are taking about grabbing my arms you may want to be very careful, you may get a 38 snubby in the ribs.

Old 11-14-2008, 03:17 PM

Talking Thanks

Quote:
Rifleman's comments were sarcasm, and if you are taking about grabbing my arms you may want to be very careful, you may get a 38 snubby in the ribs.
Glad to see you're a legal gun-toter, and that you appreciate my attempts at levity. If you don't, I'll put you on my list for more deadly-serious responses, no bad attempts at humor. Actually you sound like a person with similar ideas to mine, no contest. We won't have to come for you after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
really not about guns is it? its about parenting. that was thrown overboard 30 years ago.
Well, the illicit, violent gang-related use of guns by inner city ghetto kids is certainly not helped by their often compromised educational opportunities, which we as a society should address ASAP. A proven sitch in Watts, west LA, Inglewood, Chicago, Santa Ana, Detroit, Windsor, Baltimore. And on and on.

Who, exactly, threw out the idea that poor education might affect kids' lifestyle choices, gang involvement and bad behavior? The Democrat Party? The wonderful Maxine Waters, racist-extreme, is now railing for the government to $pend bou-coo buck$ to upgrade LA's (actually, her district's) school system. Good for her, maybe. If it's monitored to control $illy $pending $prees, I agree.

Perhaps I misunderstand your remark?

Old 11-15-2008, 09:46 AM

2,864 posts, read 7,095,361 times
I agree to an extent. If people were better educated and had the skills and resources to help themselves, they wouldn't be taking the easy way out and using a gun to get what they want and need.

I guess I could see that scenario. If I were poor, and had a gun, I'd probably be in that same mindset.

Old 11-16-2008, 06:53 AM

10,147 posts, read 18,123,288 times
I was raised in a house with hammers. I have many rare and collectible hammers. Anyone who tries to take my hammer away will get a hammer in the ribs.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:07 AM

Default Watch out for this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I was raised in a house with hammers. I have many rare and collectible hammers. Anyone who tries to take my hammer away will get a hammer in the ribs.
You guys! Always quick with the violent solutions!

Please return to the lounger we've thoughtfully provided, re-connect the electrodes and sit back. Enjoy the televised material!

("Where does he keep those hammers?")

Old 11-17-2008, 04:28 AM

5,230 posts, read 7,318,833 times
Quote:

I was speaking of Schumer.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:16 AM

Unhappy Huh?

Did we convince TristansMom? Did she sneak out under the tent flap?

Last edited by rifleman; 12-04-2008 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Great Debates